Steve Marlet

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Feb 2, 2011.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He is one of the top scorers in the CFA playing for CM Aubervilliers and what I want to know is how is he getting paid since this is a amatuer division and a amateur team. Do all the non reserve CFA teams have at least 1 pro on their roster ?

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    aubervilliers should be in national soon if they keep it up

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Many CFA teams have comfortable budgets (I heared 3M€ for Quevilly !) and a certain number have players under a "federal contract". They get players rejected from the football academies and they have reached a higher level-- that explains that the pro reserves tend to be relegated to CFA2 or DH, and that the CFA teams have less difficulties to eliminate the "bigger club" in Cup. I think the "semi-pro" League has been displaced from the National to the CFA. Maybe the future is the professionalization of the National.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not next year. If you look at the standings they are in mid table about 12-14 pts from the top. Red Star are in first and ironically they are Marlet's first club.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    In the National I thought the only "pro" teams were the teams that come straight from L2 but then you see players like Jan Koller for Cannes who have been 3rd division for years and it gets confusing because you wonder how they can pay players like that if they arent a pro team.