Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes Spain's a great team and Hrubesch did experiment but I don't ever wanna see Däbritz and Magull both playing midfield again. Däbritz should play out wide and Magull could play as a CM with a proper DM behind her... and I don't approve of their 4-4-2 formation and I dunno whether MVT will change it, no?? I feel like you saw the best and worst from Doorsoun and Elsig again Spain. Doorsoun has some really wicked lethal passes resulting in dangerous situations by the opponent and Elsig for some reason doesn't mark her players at times... :thumbsdown: 3 great sliding tackles though

Hrubesch's whole staff's gonna continue with MVT

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the back line needs some coordination; Spain's offense reminds me a lot of Japan, as not to be called offside, they very patiently wait for a perfect pass to their runners. In this case, they din' have to worry much since the GE back line was so crooked. I think it was maybe just one off sides as called as compared to 5-6 times that Spain got the ball behind the GE defense.

I do't why Gwinn keeps starting or why Huth wasn't brought in or why Schuller didnt get any playing time?

btw.........how would you rate lil Leo's one break away at about 33 min. of the video(32 min in the game)?

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here was MVT's last coached game vs the Dutch. She got a break when the Dutch got a red in the 8th min., but her undermanned team(talent wise) couldn' even take advantage of that. Must say MVT i quite a daredevil to make the horror of Kiwic's defense as the last ditch defense, lol.
    Seizoen 2018 - Aflevering 14 - Nederlands Elftal - Veronica TV

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    When Leo couldn’t decide whether to pass or shoot?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok, I've watched the full 90 mins now, and it's exactly what I thought it was...:thumbsdown:

I don't understand what the point of these two matches were, when Hrubesch just continued the same negative patterns of the teams past performances.

Defensively the use of Hendrich as a FB remains pointless, as she's a player in that role who's basically a mix of Blässe's recovery speed, and Peter's inability to pass the ball forward.

But once again the biggest problem here was the teams lack of a clear DM, where Däbritz and Magull were simply overworked and overwhelmed taking turns vs Spain's CM trio, trying to either help the attack by applying high pressure, but also cover the danger zone areas in front of their CB's.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ----------------- Doorsoun --- Elsig -----------------
    Hendrich ---- DANGER ZONE --------- Simon
    --------------- DANGER ZONE -----------------
    Gwinn ----- Magull --------- Däbritz ------- Maier

Without that correct balance in the mid-field, Spain just reproduced what every other opponent has been able to do versus Germany's back 4, hitting numerous uncontested passes through the heart of the now higher defensive line, without Hrubesch making the correct alterations like he would for the 2nd half versus Italy.

So even if I feel limitations of Leupolz tackling and interceptions very real, it's not even comparable to the complete inferiority Däbritz and Magull will always have for the defensive aspects of the game, as their significantly superior attacking players with ZERO history/talent being DM/CM's.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And now when I'm assessing the work of the attack, my big question is why do the coaches continue with this irrational desire to force 2 forwards into the same team, and what has a complete rookie like Gwinn done to instantly replace Huth and Däbritz as first choice wide AM..?

Starting Hendrich at RB, and Maier as the left AM, was an incredible waste of time at talent, showcasing how little these coaches really understand the nature of the players they are working with.

But Gwinn still lacks the maturity and end product of both Huth and Däbritz, making her continued 1st choice selection a real concern for a team who's often heavily still dependent on the creativity and finishing of Huth and Däbritz within a 4-4-2 system.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes.... I know Germany still produced more than enough clear cut chances to win this game, but also had enough moments to lose this game too.

Meaning after seeing the 2nd half decisions versus Italy, where everybody within the coaching team saw the benefits of factors like what forwards can do if their allowed to play up front on their own, I'm curious to know what caused the complete shift in the approach to a game featuring a tactically superior Spain...?

Why would you use Maier and Gwinn out wide, keep Leupolz on the bench, drop Lattwein after her impressive debut as a CAM, and start Hendrich at RB when you still haven't tested Hechler..? It's like they literally don't want establish some form of genuine continuity... or is this just related to MVT... :confused:

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the players used was part of testing new players in crucial situations, some of the older ones in new positions. I mean seriously, why would he only sub two players in the game? & those were Rall & Lattwein in brand new positions from the game they debuted in.

I'm sure Huth & Schuller have proven themselves all ready to Horst, just as Dallmann did as she was player of the game vs Slovania, then oddly not played in the next one vs the high ranked Canadians, but then she & Magull were just subs as the vital Iceland game,that's with Maro not even on the squad

so probably it was more testing young players than egocentric coaching, but than you never know/as look what Meinert did at the u20 WC

while it was nice to see Doursoon & Elsig start both games, did they pass the test? or will they promptly be discarded for Demann & Peter?

with the NT not getting together again till Jan/Feb & with then, just 6 months left till the WC, MVT will have a lot of work to do

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is exactly why I'm so suspicious about the theme of Hrubesch not actively seeking to create any form of genuine continuity to his starting 11.

These players will have a very short period with MVT, and then they are in the group stages of a WC finals. But at no stage since the departure of Jones has there been a clear process in their team gaining some form of positive continuity.

Every match will see a different core of players used, and often different performances because of it. Almost like Hrubesch is doing his best within a system that's already decided on the way it wants to look after his departed the head coach role...:cautious:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I mean he made it clear he's discussed the nature of the German wnt with MVT, but what did he discuss with with her to continue the theme of his teams not using a dedicated DM or a CAM, constantly rotating players like Schweers, Däbritz, Huth, until his final match see's the needless forcing of Maier into a wide AM role..?

For one half vs Italy, Hrubesch saw what Popp and then Petermann could provide the team as lone forwards with a dedicated CAM behind them, using Leupolz as a DM; but then reverts back to a 4-4-2 facing Spain..:confused:

How can anybody have genuine optimism for the arrival of MVT, when she's already had direct conversations with the current German wnt's coaching department, and this is what's come from it.

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hrubesch was testing in his final game vs Spain - dunno what he made out of it

But yes, I’ll give MVT a chance but I’m not very optimistic either lol

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Testing..? What was he testing, and for who's benefit....
    I feel she'll bring nothing to this program, or it's highly unsettled senior wnt, still devoid of a true identity.

Honestly... a few pre WC negative results happen, and this teams confidence is still fragile enough for MVT to find herself stuck within another Jones like debacle.

And who will the DFB blame this time should MVT continue the poor performances...? lol, non of this feels like a plan for success.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The latest mediocre U-17 WC team managed to produce 4 goals versus holders DPR Korea, and the USA....
    [​IMG]

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    despite the doom & gloom reports of Batfink, looks like the German team is doing quite well at the u17 WC, as they walloped the US & defending champs N Korea & that's without Oberdorf who's not on the squad. Some nice, swfitly paced counter attacks against the high back line, Americans(I like this coach Bellwig all ready!). Only questions is; with the goal scorer names like Corley, Fuso & Martinez, are they really Germans? lol Highlights from both games below

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes they are Germans lol, it’s a very multicultural country
    Martinez looks like Sasic

Apparently Rolser’s injured and is very likely to miss the WC

Batfink and blissett repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I meant, Martinez looks like Sasic in the way she plays

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #943 Batfink, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    @hotjam2 Yeah... I can tell you haven't seen any of the full German group stage matches either lol; as I read the views from the people who have seen this u-17 team play, and it leads me to think I'm 100% correct for remaining highly suspect about the nature of their success.

I mean, it's sounds like they're still as tactically limited as I believe them to be, currently having Ballweg revert to a 5-4-1, forcing a scenario their opponents will always dominate the match, but potentially also fall victim to Germany's best player getting a few clear counter attacking opportunities.

And I guess that's all worked really well... if the master plan was always expecting your GK to produce POTM performances, during 90 mins you see your opponents create double your amount of attempts on goal...:unsure:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #944 Batfink, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    [​IMG]

I'm not a fan of Sasic's style, never seeing her be a world class forward, but instead a consistently highly ineffective forward at the top levels of the game. Similar to somebody like Islacker...

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's 0-0 vs Canada at HT at the u17 quarter finals. Germany staying & while occasionally counter attacking. They've got 5 defenders back there. Guess their worried that CA's most experienced player, the 6 ft Jordyn Huitema might break free, but now bogged down by the GE's tight marking of her. Fuso at midfield is looking as she's been able to dribble through the middle, but so far Martinez has failed to do likewise as the lone striker

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Martinez is subbed at the 60th min. Does that mean zero strikers?

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany opened up a bit in the 2nd, but that gave Huitema breathing spaced & subsequently scored for the 0-1 loss.

Canada had 3 players who all ready been capped on their seniors NT, whereas Germany didn't want to send their best(well mainly Oberdorf)

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Like every team they've assembled since the DFB decided to change coaches, the U-17's still don't have good enough team ethic (everything is too individual) to accomplish anything impressive at this age group.

I said it numerous times pre tournament, with other people mentioning it during the group stage too; and they finally left the FIFA finals in the exact underwhelming style many predicted they would.

So I don't understand your why acting like there was some kind of intrigue to any of this lol. Even when winning, I didn't read anything positive about this teams style of play....:unsure:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh... and remember what I've being saying about the rather disappointing nature of the DFB allowing Ballweg to come back to the senior team as a coach/spy..:cautious:.

Well, what positives did these young players gain working with a long time senior national coach? A coach I'm reading used a hyper defensive 5-4-1 for the entire tournament lol, where anything resembling good football was in short supply.

This being the best plan a long term senior level coach could contribute towards the future development of the nations best youth prospects...
    [​IMG]

25. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That U17 team might have been the talentless German squad I had to watch ever ... and yet they were in striking distance to a successful tournament if not betrayed by their own coach. The only weapon they got all along was substituted for no apparant reason. Really what was Ballweg thinking (if at all)?! :confused:
    Watching other teams being clearly superior in technique as well as "Spielkultur" was weird and still allmost all the teams with better possesion were facing elimination in the pk shoot out. There Germany might have the most resolute striker of the tourney in their squad and she gets pulled before anything has settled. German coaching has reached its lowest level. :mad: