Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So this team was leading 2-0 until conceding 2 goals

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A lot of my complaints about this teams tactical flaws on show again, allowing for more of their opponents to continue scoring goals from exploiting the oceans of space in the mid-field.

But it doesn't help with the coach starting such a goofy selection of players though, as Rauch and Rall seem to have zero interest in defending space behind them, while the basic shape of the team just provides Italy the long ball option to create and finish both of their 2 chances.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So with this being a lot like the Canada match, I'm not shocked to see this happen... however, I am bothered watching the same unnecessary tactical errors made again, and again, knowing MTV is about to take over with this team still lacking a basic identity for how they want to play.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And Huth is still left, and Gwinn right...:confused: Lets see how the 2nd half ends...

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    5-2
    So Gwinn did a great job today. Lattwein not too bad while Rall looked rather poor to me out there

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why do the coaches continue waste time experimenting with nonsense that clearly isn't going to work...?

The very instant they bring on a player to merely patrol the area in front of the defense, guess what happens... the team actually has a stable platform to defend and attack correctly...:rolleyes:

Here's a simple idea. Why don't they pick a team that makes sense for once, and then move towards the future doing that every following match.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, you know what... I agree with you saying Rall looked bad, but I thought Gwinn was pretty useless for 90% of her time on the field, with Lattwein being the one positive I didn't expect to showcase so much potential in her CAM role.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I thought Gwinn looked more active on her side than Huth did today
    Magull was on fire though

Did Leonie Maier play RB or midfield today though? o_O

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #884 Batfink, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    I honestly don't want to see time being wasted on Rauch anymore, with Rall fairly being given a full 90 mins today to prove why she's probably not ready to play on an international stage yet.

I really liked what I saw from Elsig though, but can't fathom how these coaches continue to start matches without a real DM, leaving her and Doorsoun constantly exposed to opponents doing what Italy produced in the 1st half.

Plus it's known Huth can't play wide left, meaning she just produced another limp performance so Gwinn could find more match time. But if Germany are serious about being a legit team at the WC, it's surely time for Gwinn to take a back seat to the legit mature names with significantly better end product, no?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Magull was also excellent once she had the platform of Leupolz playing behind her, but looked really inconsistent in the first half having unclear instructions on where she needed to be.

But I'll say it again, Lattwein was a real surprise for me, producing a very mature performance as a CAM, intelligently linking play with the attack, and dropping deep to reinforce the numbers in CM.

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes there no denial that Simon's a far superior option to Rauch and Schweers imo

Elsig and Doorsoun were exposed alone a couple of times today and both did some individual errors - still a solid performance by both

Huth's like a female Werner to me if I'm honest

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Schweers is on another level compared to a few girls who got match time today, but I don't know how Hechler didn't start ahead of Rauch at LB, when it's already been proven Rauch can't defend.

And yes, Elsig was really good in some very precarious scenarios. But Doorsoun still makes some strange unforced errors that will need to be smoothed away if she's to reach her full potential.
    Play her through the middle, or wide right. Your not going to get anything positive from her anywhere else, as her left foot in near nonexistent.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still don't believe Leupolz a strong DM just yet either, but was still the most influential player in the second half with her mere presence being placed in front of the back 4.

So I hope the coaches stop the nonsense of wasting Däbritz in CM, as she's light years ahead of Gwinn as a wide AM, but a highly unstable factor for the teams cohesiveness as a DM.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes I'd have her as a second choice behind Simon but also as an option for playing LM instead of Huth...

She clears the ball a majority of the time well and is also comfortable enough to go past opponents. 2nd goal for Italy's a mistake from her I guess (or was it Doorsoun's player) but other than that a solid game again from her.

Is she really that pacy though as people believe her to be? She's a great player but I think she's in the crust these days whether she'll start or not

I'm pretty sure that Schult, Popp, Däbritz and Marozsan will start nomatter what when fit

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maier, Schweers, Hechler, can all play RB or LB very well. Which is why I don't understand why Hechler didn't get a start over Rauch, as Rauch is a good mid-fielder who defensive acumen remains lacking.

Plus dismissing Huth because she's ineffective wide left, doesn't make sense knowing her significantly more impressive performances and goal return as a right sided AM.

I mean look how bad Marozsan has been as a DM, and then compare her horrible form to the way a less talented, and a less experienced Lattwein played today in her more natural role of CAM/CM.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like Gwinn's potential, but compared to what I've seen from Schüller, and now Lattwein, her all round game is still not mature enough to be as effective as it needs to be for this team.

Hopefully meaning vs Spain something like this will happen.....
    Hechler -- Doorsoun -- Elsig -- Simon
    ----------------- Hendrich ----------------
    Huth ------------ Magull ----------- Däbritz
    --------- Lattwein -------- Popp ------------

This being a match that will demand Germany retain a strong shape, but also require more incisive press and counter tactic to produce another positive winning result.

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hrubesch will test everyone I guess
    so guess who's gonna play lol

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No more Knaak...:thumbsdown:, Peter, Rauch, and I think Rall wasted her chance too, in ways she honestly shouldn't see anymore match time until she's done even more to impress at club level.

Petermann showcased why she's still relevant at this level too, meaning both her and Rolser are fighting for that potential match time to get them a WC place.

But Hendrich's simply too good to be wasted in the defense, or sat on the bench, while Lattwein surely has to start again to validate her debut with more merit than a simple surprise factor.

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, I've never ever seen Knaak doing anything for club or country do justify a place in the NT lol - it's even worse than Peter imo

Peter has one chance and it's as a RB... and we all know that a superior option there is Maier :rolleyes:

Yes I liked Petermann today, but if you're playing her on top I feel like you need Popp in midfield maybe. Great game by her anyway today. I think Rolser will start the next match, and so will Hendrich -- just not sure which position lol
    it could be as a CB, FB... :thumbsdown:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol... If healthy, you know Peter's guaranteed to be one of the defenders going to the WC. Even if she doesn't play for her club as a regular, she's still going to the WC as a defensive option.
    This is the dilemma surrounding Popp. Almost forgetting her roots as a really strong FW, she's somehow developed her game around being a really impressive all round mid-fielder; well, that's in every area of the mid-field besides a CAM/#10 lol.

So if you don't play her up front as the main striker, you tend to see a worse version of Popp if she's forced to link play as a CAM behind somebody else. And I still selfishly want to see Marozsan playing with Popp again, but in the exact same role Lattwein did versus Italy.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rolser and Petermann both offer the team better examples of what a traditional lone forward can potentially offer this team. So I don't have any issue with either one of them being tested in the next game.

But I'm slightly annoyed seeing the coaches feel it's OK having Hendrich continuously stuck on the bench, only to be wasted as a reserve defensive choice.

I'm sure Hendrich's best performances for club and country, have always come with her as a mid-fielder...:confused:; with hotjam2 suggesting she'd be a great wide AM lol, highlighting just how impressive Hendrich can be outside of a strictly defensive role.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That's probably true sadly... but must be as a bench option then, no? :cautious: I mean, she's lost her place as a CB for NT and Wolfsburg without getting a chance to defend it which says it all lol. LB for Wolfsburg are Minde and Maritz so Peter is playing RB where her main competition is... Blässe. So I don't think I'm wrong when saying that her only chance is playing as a RB these days lol. But yes, she'll probably be in the roaster for the WC sadly

So I believe that if you're gonna play Petermann, Popp needs to be playing midfield somewhere as she's too similar to Petermann in terms of playing. Popp's much more versatile though so I don't know if wasting a roaster spot on Petermann for the WC if Popp's gonna play attack anyway

Watching roughly the game again, I agree that young Lattwein did a good job, but truth is that she's fighting for a position where you have Marozsan, Dallmann, Däbritz and Magull potentially to play - sadly for her

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #898 hotjam2, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Thomsen@ any links full game replays? The youtubers didn't come through this time

without watching, seems like a very nice score, though obviously need to tighten up on defense. Heads up:ROFLMAO: for Horst knowing that lil Leo wouldn't be able to handle Italy's world class player, Bonesera, only bringing her in when the opponents began to tire/ Apparently Horst did go with a 4-2-3-1
    Germany vs. Italy - 10 November 2018 - Women Soccerway

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

about Leo; you are so wrong hotjam! ;)

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's a residual problem from the past, where players will be selected for the national team using the wnt coaches incredibly biased reasoning.
    You can take more than one FW to the WC lol. And both Petermann or Rolser are probably competing for the same place as a reserve forward in the WC squad, knowing the squad continues to appear like Popp, Marozsan, Schüller, the teams main three forward options.