Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    terrible preparation by Wiegmann, She had all summer long to get this team organized, instead zero friendlies(probably zero practices), including when they had the bye(last Friday). There was some complained that they couldn't handle Norway's turf field, but then they could of prepared for that as well(by practicing on turf)

Norway, a pretty strong opponent in it's own right, had a lot going for them; their own league was in season(suppose the game was back in April when the Dutch were in season & they weren't?) they faced 3rd place Ireland in both games, only after that team's two most notable players, were out with ACL's.

Holland had some poor/loosing games last year prior to the Euros. but they turned into a phenomenal performing 'tournament' team. Remember, not every one does things like you Europeans. Oops, I forgot, just about the rest of the world does woso WC qualifiers through tourneys, lol

If Wiegmann doesn't once again seriously prepare her team for that Wild Card berth, than they could loose out, which be a shame since their fans were coming over 30K strong to their home games.& surely be missed at the WC.

but getting her squad(spread out between 6 different leagues/countries) together is another matter, as shown that Lyon didn't want to release Caro Simon for training camp prior to last's week's games

take a look again at the 3.10 mark/play. MVT's favorite CB, Kiwic, is as usual, way out of position. Shades of Stefi & Jorgie coaching? Hopefully MVT appreciates Elsig a little more for having the baby sit Kiwic all last season at Potsdam

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't underestimate what a disaster it is NOT to give a deal to Horst that he can't refuse.

reading from the French lezie soccer forum, posters casually write about how MVT is a cougar & likes to date younger players.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/8200827/458/

this kind of drama could really ruin a team!

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So this team is gonna play Austria, Italy and Spain the next months
    Good opponents, looking forward to it to see whether they’re able to build on the progress they’ve had

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This will also test your theory concerning the potential future of Peter never returning to this team too.

As it's already clear communications involving players future and current tactics have taken place between the DFB's wnt coaches and MTV. And I'm still not convinced various players within the player pool are being selected on their international quality, or club form.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Babett Peter's done for the NT unless MVT is gonna be heavily biased towards her as Steffi Jones was... Horst's never gonna drop Demann in the defense so the only way I see Peter potentially starting is to start alongside Demann which I highly doubt as Doorsoun's proved herself to partner Demann well. The signs that Peter's done for Wolfsburg's also there as she's being pushed out as LB, RB... whatever as she's probably such a big personality there... and it's a shame that she's not a better footballer really lol

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So I feel like Rolser should start over Schüller if this team’s gonna play a 4-4-2 again
    I really fear that Peter’s gonna play and do whatever she does ugh

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If he's going to use the 4-4-2 again, it's probably more important the team see's a solid game plan for it's mid-field options.

But knowing the last few games Hrubesch picks the team won't be a representation of what he want's anymore, I'm guessing it will mean a return for Peter, and even less progress on everything concerning a long term plan for formation and tactics.

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it is a friendly with 6 subs allowed. so do expect experimental moves/lineup changes

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I’ll have to ask you Batfink though, how do you know that Neid and Ballweg are influencing this team as much as you believe...? :cautious:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because for anybody paying attention, both Neid and Ballweg have maintained roles that make zero sense for two individuals who supposedly stepped away from the senior team in 2016.

I mean I'm not going to go too deep into this, as it can still be argued as mere speculation; but Neid has openly constructed a truly ridiculously position for herself (Senior teams opponent scout..:confused:), with Ballweg going from senior coach, to U-16 coach, and now back to doing both again lol.

So I think everybody would also agree that both women aren't exactly powerless here, having definitely played key roles in allowing Jones to take over the senior team, leaving me to believe it's still them who pushed for MVT to become the next puppet they'll control post Hrubesch's departure too.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even after her supposed departure from the senior team, you could always see Neid in the stadium taking notes, watching her already failing project begin to crumble even further into mediocrity under Jones, and the moment Jones was finally asked to leave, Neid's former assistant (Ballweg) just randomly becomes a voice to help Hrubesch's transition to the women's game...o_O

To me this is the definition of machiavellian behavior lol, with Neid just making sure she still has some element of control over something that the DFB only allowed her to manage thanks to the naive behaviour of former DFB president Dr. Theo Zwanziger.

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    While I understand and believe your theories are partly true, I just can’t imagine Hrubesch bothering to care what they’re saying lol. Yes Neid and Ballweg might still have a part to say who’s being called up (Peter...), I highly doubt that they decide who’s starting the games anymore

So Popp’s gonna captain this team tomorrow. Pretty sure that Dallmann’s gonna start

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And Peter starts....
    [​IMG]

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

I'm going to try and watch at least the first 45 mins live now, as Elsig, Gwinn, Magull, and Peter..:ROFLMAO:, all find themselves in the starting 11.

So does this mean Peter is being used as RB...? And where does Gwinn start if Huth is playing in the same team..?

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Hrubesch’s testing his defensive options + trying some new players in the attack

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd still like to see him test Hendrich in a DM role, but it could be interesting analyzing the performance of Doorsoun and Elsig as a CB partnership; if their a CB partnership...:cautious:

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    WEll i’ll need to watch the game later

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... well i'll watch the second half later, but having seen the first 45 mins, I can say it was a pretty mixed performance, where the biggest issue was them struggling to pass the ball from the defense into the mid-field, and the biggest positive was the creative combination play between Magull - Dallmann - Huth.

Rauch and Peter aren't needed for this team either, with Gwinn showcasing exactly why she's really not ready for the senior team too. But if the coaches are serious about improving the team, they should look at fixing the confusing condition of the CM next.

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Who scored though

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So after reading through the game, looks like Germany really dominated out there

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So I watched the game - really good performance. I disagree with Gwinn and Rauch - thought they were excellent out there. Rauch had to be subbed out though - hopefully not an injury.

I think it’s fair to say that Alex Popp’s looking amazing these days, splendid performance again with one assist and one goal. Unbelievable game by her. Doorsoun and Elsig complimented each other really well - Elsig was a beast out there winning basically every 1v1 duel.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sorry about not announcing the 1st half scoreline, but the 1st and 2nd half performances combined, ended with this match being heavily dominated by the home team.

However, when I mentioned how I felt Rauch and Peter were not really necessary to the near future of this team, it was me thinking ahead, knowing there are a lot of better options currently ahead of them; and these options all better suited for the more dynamic movement and passing required to be a successful FB within this current team.

Then if were analyzing Gwinn... well, knowing how she can perform in the league as a wide AM, the potential for her to be a senior team regular is undeniable. But with Huth - Dallmann - Schweers - Däbritz all showcasing very strong performances as wide AM's, I don't see where Gwinn's performance vs Austria comes close...?

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, Carolin Simon is a superior option, but I do feel like Rauch did a good job anyway although she got tunneled really bad once.... Peter sucked, didn’t bring anything going forward. Looks like a female Höwedes out there. Took Leonie Maier some few minutes to play a great ball behind the defense and therefore contributing more going forward than Peter did in 45 minutes lol :speechless:

I don’t see Gwinn starting important matches atm as well, but I do feel rather confident that she’s gonna get called up for Italy and Spain and get some minutes

Can I mention Turid Knaak though who’s now played some games under Hrubesch and I don’t remember seeing her doing anything good...? :thumbsdown:

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, I agree with your views on Popp. Because at the cost of no longer being a ruthless goalscorer anymore, she's truly developed into a very impressive all round talent.

Plus I wonder if Elsig's assured performance as a more aggressive CB will finally lead to her receiving more playing opportunities too. As her ball distribution, aggressive tackling, and strong heading, brought another positive type of composure to the defense, in ways Demann physically can't really replicate.