Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes the defense didn't look as messy simply because Hendrich, Simon and Demann are in another league than Kerschowski, Blässe and Peter lol, but didn't hide the fact that a strong LB such as Simon looked like a nonfactor going forward... same case with Hendrich... I mean Germany lost the ball in the midfield today so god damn many times... the gaps between defense, midfield and forwards were huge which led to players losing the ball all the time

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just because the fullbacks dont have the order anymore to always run straight forward with every attack like under Neid doesnt mean they are a nonfactor

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Faisst's never impressed me other than being a solid LB, and that's the obvious position for her to play although I rather Simon higher. Simon was subbed out today though due to muscular problems.

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But lmao you saw clear attempts from Maier, Simon and Hendrich today to join the attack, and when they did, Germany lost the ball. I mean this is a slight improvement from Steffi Jones simply because the choice of defensive players by Hrubesch is way better, but the attack is still a mess. Also the fact that Germany are not able to produce attack after attack because the midfield is as close as nonexistent.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree... Doorsoun and Demann don't complement each other very well. But I think it would help both of these players to have a DM in front of them to help in the transition between various defensive and attacking scenarios too.

Yes, Doorsoun definitely plays very panicked at CB right now, but still posses various qualities that makes me wonder if a pseudo back 3 wouldn't benefit her and others even more..?

Meaning Hrubesch seems to be taking the same poor advice Jones received, picking teams and formations that neglect Germany's greatest assets (creative, goal scoring AM's); but at least Demann is starting at CB now, within a time period CB options like Hendrich will be playing at the same club very soon.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You got no idea what you are talking about. As if there was no opponent team on the field

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's why I wanted to see Faißt used at RB though. As she's highly capable of playing at RB, and is now part of a wnt in desperate need of forming a reliable defensive platform.

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Announcement:

IF development continues we will win in Iceland

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But does Germany even have a useful DM these days?? Gössling's declined as a midfielder I'm afraid, Leupolz out of form and Laudehr's coming back from a serious injury... Popp?

I'd like to see Demann and Elsig together as they are good at marking players, although beaten Germany will look vulnerable as hell lol. About Elsig, I read she declined to traven with the NT to Canada due to health reasons.

Sadly there's no place for Marozsan, Dallmann, Magull and Däbritz all in the starting eleven lol. I struggle to see Bayern not using the Wenninger/Demann combo, so I could definitely imagine Hendrich as a midfielder for either Leupolz or Behringer.

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm fully aware that there was a strong opponent on the opposite side of the pitch, but doesn't hide the fact that Germany couldn't create possession at all in the midfield and therefore move the backline a little bit further up the pitch which would've certainly helped

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is why I get so annoyed watching Magull, Marozsan, Däbritz, Dallmann, Huth, all be wasted within stupid formations that take no advantage of what they do best.

I mean this team with no identity in how they play, hasn't been able to construct real attacks for years now, and regularly find themselves out maneuvered by opposition not even known for being gifted passing teams lol.

And how does this become a regular occurrence, when you have access to creative AM talents like Magull, Marozsan, Däbritz, Dallmann, Huth...?

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, in a 4-2-3-1 system I could imagine Däbritz, Marozsan and Huth play forward with proper midfielders and centerbacks behind them, and Magull/Dallmann to come on as subs. But no, instead we've seen Huth as a fullback, Dallmann, Magull, Maro and Däbritz all as center-midfielders and defensive midfielders lol. Yes Popp's excellent as a nine, but right now I'd want her to play in the midfield

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You really love your "regular occurrence" phase dont you

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is why I feel a progressive formation change, and solid coaching allows this team potentially improve it's strength in the CM/DM positions.

As Germany often get completely outmaneuvered with the 4-4-2, struggling to advance up the field when playing out from the back too.

So I don't understand why it's taking forever for the coaches to use a CAM to allow CM's to have the help of a extra 3rd body in the most important central areas of the field, with Hendrich - Magull - Dallmann 100% capable of doing this easily vs Canada.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Given the general run of the mill remarks from you I dont think you are honest with us when you say you watched the 2nd half

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... I didn't know that. So she's not out of future wnt contention..?
    I want to see Hendrich in the CM for club and county though lol...

It's picking between AM's Marozsan, Dallmann, Magull and Däbritz, that seems to be the problem.

But even that's a bigger problem than it probably needs to be, with the senior national coaches insistence on never wanting to use a CAM, and the lack of belief in building a team that accentuates attacking football in a style that promotes themes of incisive one and two touch passing, or dynamic off the ball movement.

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn regular occurrences

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nah, Jojo’s probably still a candidate, although I have no idea how she’d do partnering Demann

I could definitely imagine Kathy as a CM/DM with the job to sit deep and protect the backline and do the «dirty work», although if Gössling’s reaching back to old heights, I’d prefer her

Benching Maro is a scenario I can’t ever imagine gonna happen unless injury a’la WC 2015

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm starting to believe Elsig's a non factor for the national team, with any discussion concerning her future role on this team basically pointless, if it's still within a system that believes Peter - Henning - Wedemeyer - Doursoon are all ahead of her.

Elsig's just going to one of those players who never does it on the international stage.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ------ Doursoon ----- Demann ---------
    Maier -------- Hendrich ---------- Faißt
    --------- Magull -------- Dallmann --------
    Däbritz --------- Huth ---------- Schüller
    Something like this, where the team actually has a shape that accommodates it's best players in roles they understand, could have potentially created bright new futures for a host of players within this squad.

But instead.. all that happens at the games end, is a return to more of the same old concerns.
    She shouldn't have to be put on the bench though... It's the team as a unit that's poor.

Däbritz has to do it all on her own to be the most effective attacker on this team, and even if I feel Marozsan a better player, I don't think that's the best way to get the most from anybody on a legitimately strong team.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    couldn't get a link to work for the game, but based on high lights, Horst, once again lets his players play a more free flowing game, with what looks like quick counters, compared to the slogginess of the previous coaches. Even though still a friendly. his should be considered a pretty impressive victory considering
    1) was an away game against a sell out crowd
    2) on the more unfamiliar turf
    3) vs an experienced Canadian team(compared to the relatively inexperienced German side)
    4) the first CA goal shouldn't or countered as one of their players touched the ball with their hand(even the CA commentators mentioned this

still, a bit of poor defensive work from Wedermeyer & lil Leo,, don't you think, Thomsen?(2.30 mark of the video)\

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Elsig's for me a better CB than Demann, so I'd prefer her although I want to see Elsig and Demann tested once together, although if someone gets through their high pressing, Germany's in real trouble...

Yes that's a sloppy backpass by Maier and a miscommunication between Wedemeyer and Faisst. I haven't said Wedemeyer should become a regular though, I just wanted her to get a chance considering that she's done well for Wolfsburg.

Germany should've penalty as well, so the scoreline itself could've been rather impressive, but doesn't hide the fact that Germany's midfield fricking sucks and was as close as nonexistent yesterday and that the team in this 4-4-2 formation is a mess where just brilliancy from Däbritz saved Germany

Watching the first goal conceded again, Demann clearly thought that Petermann was gonna head it away, but was surprised when she didn't. I've said it plenty of times, but with Demann, Bayern and Germany has a strong presence behind there and a boss

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Also Doorsoun was shit yesterday and looked almost as bad as Peter's done during the Steffi flop Jones era. Against Iceland Doorsoun should be benched and the same applies for Peter who's probably gonna get a shock when she finds out that the NT's done with her shit defending

And these days, Popp's much needed as a midfielder for the NT as well considering the situation today, and I know she'll do brilliant so the question is just who's gonna be the "Gunnarsdottir" partnering her

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer a diamond midfield, but minusing an fwd for an extra mid & probably GE wouldn't of scored 3 goals. All the fwds looked good(in the highlights at least). Most likely Horst didn't play Dallmann to test out others(Leupolz & Magull) at the two CM's spots available.

I wish the DFB would reconsider & offer Horst a bigger salary to stay on as I do think he's bringing the team in the right direction. Consider(from what I'm reading) you didn't need the attacking FB crap to score 3 goals on what suppose to be a very formible CA defences(both Buchanen & Lawrence have 6 figure salaries from their French clubs), you got to cinder this question? what's more important; winning the midfield or winning the game?

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    AMEN!!!!!!!!