Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why didn't Meinert come with her strongest lineup, but her squad lost a couple of games/zero goals offensively at this mini tourney
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/international/world/sud-ladies-cup/2018/group-stage/r47736/

she's missing, Gwinn, Stolze, Anyomi, Lohmann, Lurhrssen, Siems, Chmielinski but does have a fair numbers of Bundi league starters. Not sure if it's injury problems or the missing players are on other squads(u17-19?)

but with u20 WC less than two months away, wonder why should be dabbling with a weaker squad? The French came full tilt with their stars Katato & Bacha, while the US is missing Pugh & Davidson(but their regulars all ready on the senior squad(

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm pretty sure it's because she's seen her U-19's qualify for the WC without using it's strongest possible team, but known what her 1st choice WC starting 11 would be for a long time, witnessed some key injuries lately, and decided to continue the tradition of testing a few new things prior to the another WC tournaments start.

So I expect..
    Linder -- Kleinherne -- Schöppl -- Orschmann
    ------------------------ Minge ------------------------
    ----------- Feldkamp -------- Freigang --------------
    Gwinn -------------- Sanders ---------------- Bühl

But only after acknowledging how much Meinert's plans would have changed with the losses of Gerhardt and Fellhauer from this squad, and her still carrying the knew unwillingness to promote anymore U-19's ahead of schedule too.

Meaning even if players like Hechler, Lohmann, Lührßen, Anyomi, Chmielinski, Oberdorf, Stolze could easily replace others in this squad and help improve this team, Mienert's probably unlikely to do so now...

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #553 Batfink, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    So I agree with you on Meinert trying to win the event with her best team... but just looking at the current U-20 squad, I think their biggest question prior to the WC's start is the unknown potency of their attack, with this part of the team still being a massive improvement on the unusually random collective Meinert put together last time lol.

I mean the defense should be fine, and couldn't take Siems or Fellhauer anyway because their both injured. The mid-field 3 would be improved with the competition of Chmielinski - Oberdorf - Lohmann, but still looks good without them.

Meaning it's the attack that could benefit the most from the additions of Stolze, Anyomi, Lührßen, and even without these additions it's hard to argue how these players would remove Gwinn or Bühl from the starting 11, no?

Stolze and Anyomi competing for attacking roles, Lohmann the CM, and Hechler as another FB, all sounds great... but realistically... as long as the seniors remain a mess, I don't even think it actually matters what Meinert accomplishes developing championship level teams anymore.

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Any livestreams for the game today

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #555 hotjam2, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018

the Canadian feed is geo blocked in my area. the only stream I can find is listed here
    http://sportlemons.com/soccer

you got to click again under the game heading. Then pretty much X out all the spam

here is the starting lineup for Germany. Really disappointed that Dallmann don't start. I'm sure she'll play later, but I thought this would be a great time to charge of the team. Horst apparently thought otherwise(no Dabritz or lil Leo either) DfWElaAWkAY0KTX.jpg

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watch and see our centerbacks travel back in time by running slower than space time meeting their grandmas and batfink

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well 4-4-2 sucks for this German team, change the damn formation

Caro Simon off after 40 minutes, idk whether it's an injury or
    With Kristin Demann, Germany has a boss behind there despite her speed disadvantages. Sara Doorsoun's been rather poor

Did Verena Faisst play though, or was she on the benched? I didn't notice her at all

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wait and check this thread in a few hours when batfink declares a somewhat acceptable summer kick a the downfall of European football again. A summer kick he hasnt seen of course but posting right away is such fun again. First ignore, then unignore again.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    gawd Demann playing the assist for Schmidt right in front of our box. A horror show

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    loooooooooooooooooooooool Demann underjumping a ball like a 10 year old

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wedemeyer makin shitty defense shittier

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -- Däbritz is probably a better player than all of Canada combined.
    -- Buchanan has to see 3-4 yellows
    -- Germany should have got a pen in the first half
    -- The two goals for Canada came due to Demann pathetic non-defending
    -- Knaak could turn out a decent winger
    -- we can pull it without Maro, Popp and Peter

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... once again, that was a really poor showing from a German wnt in a clear desperate need of finding a true identity lol.

I saw the entire 2nd half of this match, and simply found myself witnessing the same old problems that has allowed this team regress to a state of genuine mediocrity within many of the areas they once excelled, or truly competed.

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How's Demann responsible for the second goal though lol
    Yes she was rather poor at the first goal but also the players around her looked confused as hell, still the best player out there for Germany with Däbritz who was excellent

Buchanan looked like Ramos today, and the Germans looked intimidated by her

anyway the FB's today looked like a nonfactor the whole game
    4-4-2 sucks

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Another random 11 getting outplayed for a majority of the match, only finding a route to some form of success through individual moments of quality, is a pattern than has to end if this team intends to qualify or compete at a WC.

I mean I like Demann, and believe she's a real sense of stability within an otherwise suspect team; but she needs a partner now, no?

Plus there's still no CM, and these damn coaches still persist on using a crude 4-4-2 with players forced into random positions their clearly not comfortable with, for a team that's NEVER going to create or score goals with 2 forwards.

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I highly doubt that Popp and Maro would've made a big difference today
    why do you still believe though that Peter's important for this team where she'll soon to perish...?

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Leupolz - Magull
    Däbritz - Magull
    Demann - Däbritz

How can you use these players as CM lol. Yes Leupolz was good before but looked rather mediocre out there today again. I mean yes Popp today could've done a great job in the midfield for Germany and win some possession, but wouldn't hide the fact that everything's a mess within this 4-4-2 system

Batfink repped this.
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We actually looked better, like there was a development you dunces haven seen the game evidently again

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... Däbritz did something Marozsan has never done for the seniors, and stood tall today, deciding she'd behave like a genuine match winner, making sure her team wasn't about to lose a match she could positively effect.

But seeing stuff like Hendrich wasted at RB, Faißt wasted at LM, and the team as a whole forced to start within a 4-4-2, lets me know the DFB has a systemic flaw it needs to deal with before their wnt regain genuine elite status again.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It actually gives us a structure after the girls were totally over the place. And again, they looked like a team again and like they had an idea what to do. It's basics but hey we have to start somewhere

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Faisst and Hendrich looked like nonfactors today and didn't even look like average players. Also Doorsoun doesn't deserve to start anymore considering her performances under Hrubesch lol - yes she has some pros but there's a lot of cons with her game as well. Hopefully she'll somewhat improve for Wolfsburg if she can outcompete Gössling, Peter and Wedemeyer.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This setup totally stabilized our defense and the flanks. Canada didnt do shit except for when the center eventually collapsed

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dallmann as the leagues best creator didn't even see match time today lol, but Faißt starts in a attacking role.. because.. ?

I mean Hendrich - Magull would have been a great CM duo to test today, with Dallmann up front with Schüller to combine for a more balanced team based attack.

As players expected to score from long aimless balls forward shouldn't be a real answer for national hoping to maintain any challenge for future titles.

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah "I mean maybe Magull can drill a hole into her knee and pour milk into it". Maybe that would help in attack