Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's an interview with Nadine Angerer, before yesterday's match. Was somewhat critical of Stefi Jones, got nothing but good things to say about the current manager. The interviewer though mentions something that Horst's wife will divorce him if you took the full time job(past the 2 games). I thin that was suppose to be a joke!
    https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/...teffi-Jones-haben-mich-nicht-ueberrascht.html

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    HMM, i honestly think Doorsoun would be a good DM partnering Gössling in a 4-2-3-1 system than a CB really. No big problems yesterday really, no real highlights from her game either, therefore the score of 5

Apparently Hrubesch’s wife the reason why he’s not continuing in the job...? :p

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What happened between Angerer and Steffi though is my question after reading this

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wasn't sure the comment on Horst's wife wanting a divorce if he stays was a joke or not.

any reason been giving by Doorsoun was favored over Hendrich?. I could of understood if Doorsoun started vs the weaker Slovenian team instead

the 4-2-3-1 is probably more for a defensive stand or vs stronger team. Horst did mention that we wanted to keep it simple(as not to confuse the players like Jones did), that's why he went with the 4-4-2.

I like the faster paced/sense of urgency the team played instead of the more deliberate, short passing style of the Neid/Jones era. Needs to switching to the GK just booting the ball out from the defensive area, the more talented team will usually win it back,

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What really needs to happen is Germany's senior team start utilizing their league and youth teams better, as I see no reason why they should seem so lacking on quality CB or CM options right now.

How can Leupolz be the only player around her early 20's deemed competent enough to play for the senior team... and where are the other older legitimate options that came before her too..?

Yes, both Hendrich and Doorsoun could probably be better players as CM/DM's than they will be in their new CB roles, but I still feel the bigger question revolves around the future selection process of the senior teams player pool.

I mean I'm tired of seeing Germany's wnt program excel at youth level, only having other nations build more competent/balanced senior wnt's with ridiculously less resources, on the back of them also having far less impressive junior teams and league competitions.

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, all the German mid-fielders did for 90 mins was produce horrible forward passes, with a lot of this teams supposedly more urgent playing style also resulting in the attack only creating half chances from individual runs and counters.

It needs to be noted here that the Czech Republic team had close to equal the amount of possession, created clear cut chances of their own, and did this looking more tactically more defined than a German team too.

So none of that "faster style" narrative your trying to create, actually came through anything like this team using a clear conscious motivation to try and transition quicker lol.

They only appeared to move the ball faster, because the team had an awful GK kicking display, no CM, but two CB's and a FB who could all pass the ball accurately, and in the second half even do this using a more expansive range of passing from both sides of the field too.

A quality team showcasing any kind of urgency for a truly concerted spell of pressure would have crushed this Czech Republic team.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and the U-19's still using their newly introduced 3-5-2 qualified for the Euro's after beating England 3-2.

So lets see how long this new look 3-5-2 persists with the junior teams (would Meinert use this formation for the U-20 WC...?), and if the seniors will ever see it introduced to them any time soon...

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That the Chezchs had almost as much ball possession, that they created chances on their own and not by German mistakes are a lie and even more evidence you make shit up for proving your preconceived opinions

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, neither Dallmann or Magull strike me to be CM, just very creative and strong AM. Däbritz ain't no CM or DM either lol as we saw plenty times under Jones. Whether Gössling can find some form or Laudehr, Germany will have a strong and competent midfield for a potential WC, but as you Batfink says - their time for the NT is soon done and Leupolz being the only player in her early 20's playing CM/DM seriously addresses the mess within DFB's women's program lol.

Whether this team will be able to address a clear game plan in time for a potential WC - dunno. I mean, a 3-5-2 formation sounds interesting but won't work without competent midfielders

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Däbritz is an AM who has to play left wing cause she got a strong left foot. Well, ******** she doesnt have the dribbling or speed to be a winger and she always cuts inside as the AM she is and by that providing no width. Leupolz is in fact a CM/DM but she is totally out of form due to several severe injuries. 3-5-2 could fix the issue of not having any wingers. In this system you need pacey centerbacks for chasing diagonal balls that will inevitably come and we dont have those as mentioned

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what was the score again? Oh yeah, 4-zip against a fairly decent team that managed to tie Iceland in group qualifiers as well as give the previous Jones coached all it could handle. I watched their game at Cyprus Cup vs a very possession type Spanish NT, where the Czech were still able make several dangerous counter attacks.

to be sure, anytime you play a faster, more direct game, the other team's going to get the ball more as well(compared to more possession style). Trying to get back in transition is something you need to practice, what wow, this new coach has only been with the squad for a few days. It just takes a little time to work on it.
    The way Schuller scored that first goal 1v1(or was it 1v4?) would of been discouraged under previous coaches, You could even say the same with Maier's run that set up Lea's 2nd goal. In fact, the more rapid pace is exactly why Schuller had finally her breakout game & I bet there's even more hidden gems like Lea if only the players were allowed to show what they got & not held back by some rigid systems that demands that they make a bunch of passes(which in the meantime, gives time for opponents to set up their defense).

There a few problems with Horst system.; the back passing to the GK was way too dangerous, especially against teams that high press(maybe the coach thought the Czech were going to go into a shell instead?). & why didn't he play Dallmann. Magull & Hendrich?. But I think it be a step in the right direction having a previous men's coach leading the team, hopefully Horst stays

problem is there's so many decent AM's all ready for the NT, yet nobody's has made a real good impression coming down the left side; Magull, Dallmann Kemme, Popp have tried previously that spot, but none of them had the speed of what you might expect of a winger. That's why I think Hendrich(arguably the squad's fastest player)should be at least giving a chance. if not, maybe Gwinn, Buhl or some the other youth players might just be the ones to posses it by next year?

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What a weird starting eleven...

Maier, Demann, Doorsoun, Dallmann, Magull, Marozsan, Popp, Däbritz, Huth, Schüller

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guess who is NOT watching this game

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like the idea of Dallmann at RW and Knaak at LW

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hrubesch allegedly said before the game today that the new coach is "someone who will surprise all"

Thomsen repped this.
  19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maro missing a penalty o_O

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I couldn't watch the game... who played LB, and I'm guessing this also meant that Magull - Marozsan played as the teams double 6 too...?

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So your agreeing how the Czech's were a tactically superior team than what was witnessed with Germany then..?

That's my main criticism for this and every game played by the senior wnt over a very long period of time. and you seem to acknowledge this, but then return to preaching the obvious of Germany's style being more direct, even if it always means you missing how completely inaccurate it often was lol.

As I've previously stated, it's not hard to identify the quickest route to trying to score goals in football; but the idea this means aimless long balls to nobody, or random sequences of kick and chase in the women's game, continues to be a completely weak fallacy that only fits the agenda of a very select niche group of team/programs.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maier's struggles in form have been best evidenced in her strangely weakened defensive abilities, never her far stronger attacking traits. So I'm not seeing the correlation with her reproducing more offensively impressive moments, with the national teams supposed improved ability to utilize a faster/more direct playing style.

knowing the ball will ALWAYS move faster than any player in this sport, and still seeing this team inconsistency to create smart sequences of quick one and two touch passing, doesn't remove the element of luck to have long standing flaws magically hidden by slightly better moments of dynamic individual play creating goals.

So yes, I agree there's definitely more players within the wider player pool who could directly benefit or further enhance a more diverse approach of the senior wnt.

But when it comes to a wnt program with Germany's history and resources, until I see sequences of play where the ball is moving smarter and quicker, or see accurate long passes that release the well time runs of forwards and AM's, I'm not jumping on this hype train of bad football, somehow being good football.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, did you forget about Däbritz, or is her constant ability to actually control a football in tight spaces, way to slow and technical a style for your own hopes of witnessing a run and gun German team of athletes lol.

Seriously though, until left sided attacking junior options like Gerhardt, Lührßen, Orschmann, Wieder, prove their potential at a U-20 WC, or better yet perform to a high standard in league on a regular basis, I'm struggling to see what Däbritz isn't doing to validate her qualities as a dangerous wide threat...?

Speed's is always an important to every team, but beyond simply being able to run fast in a straight line, I feel your missing just how much more there currently is (and should be) towards a player being a quality winger/wide AM.

And yes, this is still a valid fact within the German game too, where in Garefrekes they've already known the biggest benefit of having a truly goat status wide player.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... It's the same BS argument that attached itself to the ever present concerns over the CB situation on this team too, with people long claiming there were no good options outside of the same 4 players Neid would constantly select; and now look...

So with junior teams being as strong as they've been for a decade, I doubt there aren't any genuinely strong candidates for new CM/DM options. It's just all down to the next coaching staff to break the old patterns of stupidly weak player analysis.

I mean does anybody really believe somebody like Simic hasn't been good enough to play CAM on this team, or wouldn't be a great option to have in there right now to replace a confused/lethargic Marozsan..?