STC: Random Azz Sheet - Part 4

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kyle Crew, Jun 14, 2019.

1. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bill Archer repped this.
  2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The trick with that is the item possibly degrading in some way before or as it is being used (that was part of the trouble with paper plates and paper straws back in the day). If you fix that issue then you sometimes get an item that ends up being hard to degrade.

We had plastic cups at work a few years back that were supposed to be biodegradable. I decided to test that (hey, I'm a scientist). Put one out in my garden for months. Didn't do a thing except sit there. I think finally Mrs KG threw it out.

TKyle repped this.
  3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mayo is a gift from God because he loves us and wants us to eat tasty stuff. Which is also why God hates vegans.They eat shitty stuff and this does not please Him.

But anyway, have you tried the new stuff that Hellman's sells - I think it's them - called "Mayochup" It's a 50/50 mix of Mayo and Ketchup (yes, or catsup if you prefer). Shit is wonderful. Not as good as that Whataburger ketchup, that stuff is like crack, but pretty good.

4. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I don't like ketchup, either, so the combination is a cumulative bad effect. I know I'm in the minority here, so I'll not try to defend the opinion. Olives can ******** off too - which is a weird aberration for my palate because I'm generally a halophile and like bitter flavors. I dunno.

5. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HERE’s one that hasn’t come up in any of these threads (or in Sheep League)
    OLIVES—BLACK or GREEN?
    (Or, I suppose, you could throw in those nasty, no-good Kalamata olives into the debate.)
    Black olives are for the most part far superior to their salty, pimento-stuffed brethren.

6. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    That's a staple of Puertorican cuisine. We use it on fried plantains (tostones) and a bunch of other stuff too. Hellman's is good but the original one made at home is much better because there's more to mayoketchup than just mayo and ketchup.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

@cleazer

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May the Crew to Austin (Maybe) thread trend forever.

QuarkspaceDotCom repped this.
  9. QuarkspaceDotCom

Mar 14, 2000
    Deep in the Bluegrass Hinterlands
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Indeed. Love throwing those necro-reps around.

10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim and I were just talking about those times. He refers to it as the “steal the Crew” time.

QuarkspaceDotCom repped this.
  11. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it seems as though the person who is the VP of Real Estate at Swenson's is presenting and my local (Clintonville) area commission meeting tomorrow regarding a vacant lot on High St, not too far north of where I live.

Should this excite me?

12. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it the the old KFC spot that became "Acre" for a while?

13. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's way up near the Clintonville/Worthington border. Across the street from a COTA turnaround north of Graceland. It's currently an open lot (I think there's a pop-up Christmas tree sales market that goes there every year).

14. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

Bradford City Association Football Club
    May 11, 1999
    Land of the Lizard People, or so I'm told
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Isn't Swensons just terrible?

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as much as if he was the VP of Real Estate at Chick-fil-A

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, there are *two* former KFC sites at that approximate intersection. One is the one that was "Acre". Across the High Street is the empty lot that once was Patrick J's and then a KFC before that (the first KFC).

17. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Does anyone here use Youtube TV? I've been using Playstion Vue for cable, and the service is shutting down at the end of January.

18. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in the same predicament.

hungariansteven repped this.
  19. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I absolutely love YouTubeTV.

20. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks for this! Mind if I ask what you are using to stream it on a TV? (Chromecast, roku, etc)

21. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fine with Youtube TV. A few things I don't like is fast forwarding recorded shows is in a small very low res window so it's hard to tell where you are. Like fast forwarding to find goals in soccer games, you can't see the score box in the corner clearly enough so it is guess work.

I use Roku on most of our TVs and the built in Android TV on my Sony big screen.

I don't know if it is Roku, Youtube or my wi-fi, but only with the youtube.tv app we get a failure to load quite often when launching a live channel or recording. I haven't noticed this on the Android TV (but it is also wired ethernet). You have to leave youtube app and relaunch to clear.

But for price, convenience (I can watch on my PC via browser and the performance there is great). It's different than my previous Directv and that took some getting used to, but I think it's a decent value and overall I'm saving a ton.

22. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also have YouTube TV (on an Android TV) and have zero complaints. Couldn't be happier.

23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get this (or something similar) sometimes with YouTube on my Roku, as well. It normally is "fixed" by unplugging the device and allowing it to reboot. My Roku has a wired connection. And it's not just for live streaming. It acts as though the channel I want to watch partially loads, but then gets hung up. If I monkey around with the remote (pressing the up or down arrow), it'll work. Sorta. been going on for along time, on and off. But always seems to eventually sort itself out, or the reboot trick takes care of it.

In any event, all in all, I love the way it works on Roku.

zman31 repped this.
  24. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I stream it over my Xboxes mostly but also on the smart TVs in the other rooms. I also use it on my phone quite a bit.
    Things I love about it

Sports channels. It has just about every sports channel I can think of

DVR. Unlimited DVR. Holds whatever you’ve recorded for 9 months.

“Things you may like”. It has a home screen that has things you’ve watched before, things you might have recorded, things you may have started watching but didn’t finish, etc. I rarely have to search for what I want to watch.

Organization. Everything you record of a tv series gets lumped into their seasons similar to if you were watching it on Netflix. Some shows are already available “on demand” or whatever you want to call it.

We also get 6 profiles. We’ve only ever used the one which I’ve watched things on my phone while running it on two separate TVs on the same profile.

25. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1 for youtube TV