Stats & Analysis Forum FAQ/Guidelines

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by mellon002, Mar 3, 2004.

1. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    RSSSF.com

Screenshot_2015-04-15-17-49-31-1.jpg

2. TeriPeter

TeriPeter New Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Club:
    FC Sion
  3. Covershadow

Covershadow Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Hello, admin. I'm new here. Very new. Hope to get some interesting news, update football-related particularly on technical area. And I'll post some of interesting analysis stuff to be discussed. Cheers.

4. Richard Grantham

Richard Grantham Red Card

Nottingham Forest
    England
    Nov 30, 2017
    I have been using www.betseven.net for a while now, really good simple match data to compare teams in a fixture. They also show predictions for anyone interested. They seem to cover the EPL, MLS and CSL at the moment.

5. AnnaIvy

AnnaIvy New Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Hi guys! I do Russian translations on football statistics. Can anyone help me with some fancy football terms I struggle to undestand, please? What stats experts mean by "shot / goal from 17", "shot from 18", "shot from 64 or 63" when they analyse playing styles of a striker and a hold-up forward? Thank you!

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    17 and 18 sound like distances, but 63 and 64 can't be distances. The other thing I can think of is if they're minute numbers. Do you have links to where you found the terms?

7. AnnaIvy

AnnaIvy New Member

Mar 31, 2019
  8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 18 normally means the 18 yard box, also known as the penalty area, but when 17 and 18 are used together I don't know if 18 means distance. The numbers 17, 63, and 64 aren't commonly used. It made me think about if they could be different units of measurement, such as 18 yards and 17 meters. 18 yards is 16 meters when rounded to the nearest whole number, and even if different units of measurement explained 17 and 18, it doesn't explain 63 and 64. I tweeted to the author, but he last tweeted 12 days ago, so I'm not confident he will respond.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AnnaIvy repped this.
  10. AnnaIvy

AnnaIvy New Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Oh, I know everything now... Endlessly thankful for your kind help and warm attitude!!! Best of luck with everything you do!

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're welcome.

12. longman81

longman81 New Member

SK Slavia Prague
    Czech Republic
    May 25, 2020
    Hello,

Check my excel tool for live match analysis based on expected goals
    I use it also for pre match analysis here:

Pre match analysis tool is still under construction, so there are still some bugs in probabilities and odds. Live tool works pretty well;)