Stats & Analysis Forum FAQ/Guidelines

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by mellon002, Mar 3, 2004.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    The Statistics and Analysis Forum FAQ

Welcome to the BigSoccer.com Statistics and Anaylsis Forum. This board is meant for the discussion and breakdown of statistics from any league in the world. Here are some of the things you should know before posting.

Spoilers: A spoiler is something that reveals the result of a match without fair warning to readers of the board. If you begin a new thread that contains information that is less than a week old, [R] should be posted in the title of that thread. If you post on a specific game, even if it was a month ago, [R] should always be used in the title. Along those lines, spoilers are also considered something like this ":) Freddy Adu vs. the MetroStars".

Flamming: I don't worry about this because of the type of people we have in here, but I must outline it. Basically, you can be controversial, but please no personal attacks.

Spamming: To Spam is considered posting information that is striclty for advertisement yada yada yada. Don't do it.

Duplicate Threads: Make sure when you start a new thread that a similar subject hasn't already been posted. It makes my life a lot easier. Threads will be merged if they are on the same topic.

Because this board is stats and analysis I don't think we'll run into the problems of most other boards. If you have any other questions PM me or post on this thread.

Enjoy the forum!
    mellon002

henryo repped this.
  2. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    A note to guests.

Welcome to Bigsoccer's Stats and Analysis Forum! Bigsoccer has been nice enough to provide us with a venue to discuss how greater use of statistical analysis in soccer can provide insight into the game. Obviously with Jamesian type numbers now being exposed to every major sport in America it was high time that type of thinking be applied to the 'beautiful game.' at the moment we represent the mother of all niche interests, the percentage of people on these boards who are interested in thish kind of work or the percentage of people thoughtful enough to contribute is still relatively small. Consiquently, if you've found this site through a search engine (as we are the only place on the web doing this kind of work) please don't hesitate to register on the site. The more people who can bring their thoughts, ideas, perspective and work then the higher the level of debate can be. Thank you so much for visiting and we hope you've found this forum as interesting as we do.

henryo repped this.
  3. James8

James8 Red Card

Jul 2, 2007
    don't worry

4. James8

James8 Red Card

Jul 2, 2007
    Welcome

5. Saints Soccer

Saints Soccer New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Any idea where I could find a good person for stats we are a new PASL team that will be playing in the 2008-09 season in Ma or Ct. Our website should be up soon visit our website at www.newenglandsaints.com or email bill at bill@newenglandsaints.com for more info.

6. NORTHVIEWSOCCER

NORTHVIEWSOCCER New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Dothan
    i can't wait to be able to post a thread

7. avaherz

avaherz New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Futbolinspain.com - Statisticdatabase and Logo of Spanish Liga

I am new in this Forum. I am Avaherz and I come from Spain.
    I work since many years in Statistic and Logos about Football. Specially all about the Spanish League. Also i am Member in other Footbal Forums like www.futbolme.com or www.vmlogic.net

I will just speak about my website www.futbolinspain.com

In my Page you can find Full Statistic Databases about all Seasons of 1ª, 2ª and also about 2ªB and 3ª Tercera Division. The Database is managed and worked with the Football Statisticsoftware "Das Fussball Studio". I have statistic since 1928/29 from the 1ª and 2ª. And since 1977/78 from the 2ª B.

Also you can see in my webpage Logos of the spanish Teams. Every Day the Logos is updated.

I hope you will have fun with my page.

I speak very much better German and Spanish than english.

Greetings for all

henryo repped this.
  8. Francky

Francky New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Hi,

I would like to present a New Soccer Statistics Website : http://www.bstat.eu

There are all soccer statistics, livescores, tables... I hope this could be useful for some people here.

Here are some bstat shortcuts to go to :
    - Home Soccer Statistics : http://www.bstat.eu/en/football/football_index.php
    - Soccer Premier League Stats : http://www.bstat.eu/en/soccer/england/championship/premier-league/44.html
    - Premier League Head-to-Heads Stats : http://www.bstat.eu/en/soccer/england/championship/premier-league/arsenal-football-club-vs-fulham-football-club/44-2075-2024.html
    - Premier League Statistics :
    http://www.bstat.eu/en/soccer/england/statistics/premier-league/44-matchs-consecutifs.html

See you.

henryo repped this.
  9. Buffon31

Buffon31 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    if a competent service qualified highly on very confidential sources more being based and is, which helps you with bets in the European Topligen, secure and profitable profits possible to make. Hello zussamen I bet already scarcely one year with my brother have something won however more lost than won however that is already normally think I. Since 2 months bets we with www.winplace-portal.com and our experience is, simply the hammer the web page already believe it or not 2000€ has it functioned with the forecasts of football results is much content and you won briefly said actually there also further over it up to date will keep.

10. SportsGuru2010

SportsGuru2010 New Member

May 17, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    @avaherz: I have gone through your link for a football update and found it very useful on soccer related topics. Carry on with your work and keep it well versed with any soccer update.

11. garyttb

garyttb New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  12. KirilSpasov

KirilSpasov New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi guys,
    I looking for a site with good statistics and predictions... Tell me your oppinion... I found this -> www.statarea.com, and it look good, but I am not sure that is the best.......

13. GreenGround

GreenGround New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    HI GUYS
    I have developed a soccer software to create tactics and drills as Animation and Drawing in 2D_3D views.
    my website www.GreenGround.ir is included the pictures and video about my software.
    your idea about my software is important for me.
    Thank you.

14. cameron22

cameron22 New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Such a wonderful post this is. Thanks for sharing this information.

15. srcguy

srcguy New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi everyone,

A number of my posts have been featured on this site (thanks to Evan and others), but I recently decided to come in from the cold and register on BigSoccer. My name is Howard Hamilton and I have a website called Soccermetrics. I have also formed a company of the same name to develop quantitative analysis products and services for the soccer industry.

My motivation for appearing on this site is to interact with practitioners, enthusiasts, and even detractors about the current state of soccer analytics in an honest and intelligent manner. I plan on contributing to this forum and perhaps to one or two others related to soccer business. I'm not on here to spam the forum about my company; I'll mention some things that I'm working on if they're relevant to the discussion and within reason (I don't divulge confidential information, for instance), but I do want to be a responsible member of the online community.

Well, this is probably plenty for a first post, so I'll stop here. I look forward to future discussions with the participants of this forum.

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy you joined. I'll probably never know as much about statistics as you to make the tables for predicted records based on goals scored and allowed. My current project is looking at the 52 champions for 2010 or 2010-2011 that qualified for the 2011-2012 UEFA Champions League or its qualifying rounds to see each club's points per game played and goal differential per game played in its domestic league to see what champions were best and worst at translating great goal differentials into points. I'll post the results of that when I'm done. I might like to use sports statistics in my career. Do you have any interest in joining my CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying prediction contest starting with the Semifinals? 29% of the competition was from the first two rounds, 26% will be for the Semifinals, and 45% will be for the Hexagonal. I haven't started a topic for Semifinal predictions yet but you can see the current standings in my stickied topic in the CONCACAF forum.

17. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Saw on twitter you had joined. Welcome!

18. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    From soccermetrics.com:
    Could you explain how you register, measure and valuate actions, performance and players?

19. MaryannGalloway

MaryannGalloway New Member

Apr 6, 2012
  20. pimentones

pimentones New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Hi all!

Found this good site with tutorials, resources and good tips on about to start betting - http://www.soccerwidow.com/.

Cheers!

21. niksa88

niksa88 New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    EvanJ repped this.
  22. Marwex

Marwex New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    Guys, would you recommend any professional page for selling tips? I have been looking for some quality service but it seems the most of pages selling tips are scams...and if not, the accuracy is too low.

23. soccer statz

soccer statz New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Soccer Statz 2.0 can now be downloaded from the App Store. The app was designed by a North Texas soccer Dad with the intent of creating a tool that allows users to gather meaningful statistics on possession and field activity without destroying the game experience.

App Features:

* Possession by team and field area.
    * Strength Indicator by Team, gives a single number logged each minute for each team to show relative quality of play. Strength Report gives value for each elapsed minute, suitable for graphing.
    * Playing time by player (optional)
    * Penetrations on 18 YB
    * Fouls by player or general
    * Corner kicks
    * Goal Kicks and goal kicks won
    * On field turnovers by field area
    * Reporting across multiple games.
    * E-Mail finished games to others
    * Keep team/club database.

Description:

After much tinkering I arrived on an interface that features two tracks colored for uniforms of each team. This was found to be the easiest way to enter possession whilst allowing the user to still enjoy the game. Let's face it we're their to watch soccer not have our heads buried in an iPad for over an hour. Though it takes a little practice to get going, it is pretty straight forward.

Recommendations for Using Soccer Statz 2.0:

I recommend you try scoring some games on TV before using it on the pitch here in NTX. I suggest you try say 3 MLS/Premier matches first. You can even compare your statistics to those given by the screen. Get used to setting up a game, getting the teams moving in the right direction and changing direction at half time. Doing this with a DVR game is the way to go because you can make mistakes and try again with a simple rewind of the DVR.

The iPad is nice from a readability standpoint, but the iPhone is completely useable and even preferable by some due to it's light very small interface that requires little hand movement. iPhone6 should be a nice device for Soccer Statz if the larger screen rumors are true.

To best score, position yourself at the center of the field whenever scoring and if possible stand or find higher ground. Even small amounts of elevation help the scoring process.

Share your games with others. You'll find your work is appreciated and folks love to understand how things are going. Plot the Strength Indicator (SI) values and graph them. Just go to the reports section and look for Strength Indicator. The report can be graphed on your Apple device or send it to your PC/Mac and load in your spreadsheet. Seeing the SI change is really cool. See if you can spot trends game to game that point at fitness issues, lineup change impact or formation change impact.

Use the Help System. Go into Help mode and press on the field and information comes up about each field object. There are some nice tips in there as well.

There is an optional sound capability that gives audio inputs as to what buttons you are pushing. You might want to try this, but make sure your team is the home team if you do.

If you'd like a sample game mailed to you or some advice on how to use the application for you team or club, send a request to support@soccer-statz.com.

henryo repped this.
  24. star99

star99 New Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hi guys , i'm from ASIA currently helping a company searching for personnel with accurate soccer predictions. Any leagues are welcome as we are conducting a survey on betting behaviour. Pls leave me a message if interested...thanks all

25. john_bowninbox

john_bowninbox New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona