State of the Forum Poll - Women's Rivalry Forum

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Crimson Ace, Nov 2, 2009.

?

State of the Women's Rivalry Forum?

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer:

All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    50 views, no replies? :confused:

Dear lurkers, this is your chance!

Is the quality of our discussion to your liking? (If not, why are you lurking? :rolleyes:)

What can we do to entertain you even better? More importantly, how could we encourage you to de-lurk? (Or should we be glad if you don't? :cool:)

3. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A 'what are you wearing' stickied thread wouldn't go a miss.

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Red fluffy jumper and black jeans. You?

What I'd like to know is: where are the two "room for improvement" people so far? How about suggesting the areas for improvement? (If one was covered by Karloski's need for fashion tips, then make that one "room for improvement" person.) Don't be shy.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize I could ask for fashion advice here. I thought the fashion advice was targeted at certain...cough...pink...cough...uniforms and animal print awards banquet outfits. As most who see me irl can attest, I'm a mess.

As for what I think about the forum, it is great. I stayed away from the forum for years (not even looking to see what might be here) but now that I've ventured in, it is one of my favorite places. I've learned a lot--even one or two things about soccer.

6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A tiger print thong.

Are those black jeans skin tight?

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should I be the one to point out that 2/3 of the posts by Karloski in the Women's Soccer forums all pertain to ogling the female body and fall under the heading of trolling?

I know we all know. I just wanted it said that we all know.

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Doesn't that depend a bit on the tightness of the skin? Some of us are getting on a bit, you know.

9. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm TOTALLY naked. Want to know what I am typing with?

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Given the usual level of your comments, I'm going to have to say "your head".

Ahhhh, kick, you know I love you :D. Just couldn't resist.

11. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Well, i don't come here to be insulted, I come here to insult!

Speaking of insult, Smules, you slutty scottish slag! My homie Micoh just confessed you had a meeting behind my back in Frankfurt of all places!

12. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Meet me in Eurotrash. Much more appropriate. ;)

13. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ooo, ooo, my turn, my turn! I'm wearing a cynical sneer to show the world my contempt for it, and a devil-may-care attitude to hide my true feelings which are sentimental and banal in the extreme. Oh, and wool socks because it's snowing.

14. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    See, the 'what are you wearing' idea is already taking off. I've got plenty of other ideas if your interested?

15. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Tell me you're also wearing your shrunken head earrings & I'm on the next flight.

16. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Like a thread about heterographs and punctuation? Do go on.

I'm wearing them, and not on my ears either.

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Some of my best friends are heterographs.

(I do hope the moderators weren't expecting any sort of sensible discussion in this thread :eek:.)

18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    What are they, straight writers? I know a couple of those too. (I think. :confused:)

I'm pretty certain they've given up on us down here. No need to worry, I'm sure.

19. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, it's a little unfair to stigmatize someone based on a single heterographic incident, I suppose... after all, haha, we've all done it, right? It's late at night, maybe there's been a drink or two... one "there" looks much like another... But some of us know it's wrong, and look back with a feeling of shame and regret.

20. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Hmmm. My kind of woman. The perfect mix of depravity, vocabulary, kinkiness & fondness for jewelry.

21. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Though statistically we're kicking the arses of the other forums so far in terms of "visitor satisfaction". Just goes to show what can happen if you give the misfits and weirdos somewhere to hang out that they can call their very own.

And for most of us, there was alcohol involved *nods*.

22. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you flirting with me? Cheeky.....and people say you lot are uptight.:rolleyes:

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Where?! :eek:

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    You should never trust people who have to borrow a brain cell to be able to fart.

25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Still haven't voted, because when this sticky went it up felt as if the super of the building had given a perfunctory knock before letting himself in, then standing in the middle of the front room, looking around, and asking with a sniff "Are you happy living like this?" but I see that everyone else has gotten the same treatment.

I've been waiting at the airport for a few days now, and am getting tired of eating at the 7-11.