State of the Forum Poll - US Youth National

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Crimson Ace, Nov 2, 2009.

?

State of the USA Youth National Teams Forum?

1. The forum is going great.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer:

All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: State of the Forum Poll

I like this forum. Lots of good information. Sometimes the threads go way off topic (and I am guilty of that) but all in all it's good.

The biggest problem is we are seeing friends and family of disgruntled players or sometimes even the disgruntled players themselves, come here and post and whip everyone into a frenzy. It tends to bring out the worst in people and good discussion gets lost once that happens

I am not sure anything can be done about it, but it is problem.

3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Its fine. The one aspect i ponder is- since the traffic on this board is so low outside of Youth games.....why do people complain about threads existing such as the "KJ Ahlo" ones? Especially since they offer a nice development story and the challenge a kid can face in our lacking and biased (bigger kids) Youth system.

4. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York

I am of the opinion that this is one of the better forums on the board. I rarely post apart from when there's a major youth tournament (as there is now) or major news regarding one of our major prospects, but I lurk it relatively frequently, and am generally pleased with the majority of the news and discussion. I probably get more substantive info reading through fewer posts here than in any other forum on BS.

The only drawback is what BShredder referred to above, which happens here more frequently than elsewhere (ie USA Men or N&A), but there's probably nothing to be done about that. The fact that this is a board that such people would come to in the first place is a good thing, IMO.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

One of the better forums on Big Soccer. Sure, there's some nonsense........but you're going to get that in every forum.

6. midfieldmadness

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Very informative forum. Of course there will be complainers with agendas, that's to be expected. Nothing to be done about it, but a lot of good information and discussion about the players, teams, prospects and potential pro deals. I lurked for a long time before joining and truly enjoy the forum. Find it more useful than the full national team forum as it is so hard to get information about the youth comparatively.

7. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    I would like every single handle jri creates to be hunted down and executed publicly.

Overall, though, this forum is great. Always has been.

8. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Excellent forum.

9. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed and I would add the agents that come on here to post lame stories, like Bernardo or that Greek kid a few years ago...

10. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002

By far the worst and most stupid moderators. And by far the most interesting threads. Mess.

11. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

One of the better forums. Reading about the up and coming players who will represent the future of US soccer is a must.

12. lastman

lastman Member

Jun 12, 2008

I feel like this foreign is a good won

13. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

where is the US U20 team ? watching Panama vs Brazil i noticed other CONCACAF teams taking part where the hell is our Team, i m pissed someone must take responsability for this

14. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was my fault.

Sorry guys.

15. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

I knew you were Rongen!

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Post of the year

17. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Ugly.

18. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is there not a master schedule thread like with the MNT?