State of the Forum Poll - The Netherlands

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Nov 2, 2009.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Message from BigSoccer - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Re: State of the Forum Poll

Overall it's a great forum but the mods thing clearly isn't working (the Dutch board excepted of course). Especially on the club subforums the mods are overly sensitive to critical posts from non-fans. An idea might be to automate the modding process, or to swap mods, let the ManU mods move to the politics board for example. That might force them to uniquely focus on enforcing forum rules rather than let their own bias play a role.

Also as a woman I have to ask why sexist posts are ignored by the mods (again not on the Dutch board, but pretty much everywhere else). I can stand up for myself but I still think a decent forum would deal accurately with that kind of thing.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Oh and repping is fascist!

4. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada

This forum--the Dutch is where I spend most of my time

It is about 90% Ajax or Oranje fans---no complaints--just an observation

the other forums which I check--mostly EPL team sites--they are far more emotional and rude--also narrow--they seem to know everything about every player they have but the rest of the world is unknown and sometimes the comments are quite ignorant and uninformed

aforum is like a blog--anyone can comment--so there isn't much that can be done to change it or improve it--those that are interested will stay involved and if it doesn't work then they stop reading

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks johan neeskens and CANADA-AZ for your opinions. If you two or anyone else has any suggestions, we'd love to hear them.

To the person who said the forum is a mess, would you care to explain why? We can't get any better if we don't know what we are doing wrong. And I'm certainly not saying I'm perfect, so I'm all for suggestions.

6. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, first off - this place has really gone downhill ever since I stopped moderating...

Nah, j/k :D

Personally, if I were a paying customer I'd leave BS.com because of the constant changes and the highly irritating manner in which you guys try and sell me stuff I probably wouldn't even steal.

But luckily for you guys, this place is for free. Albeit without an avatar and whatnot. As long as I get to keep typing vowels I'm cool.