State of the Forum Poll - NPSL

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by Crimson Ace, Nov 2, 2009.

?

State of the NPSL Forum?

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer:

All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we need to do something to grow these boards. They seem to be very limited in who is using them. Either through lack of knowledge about them or lack of interest. Both of which could be addressed to an extent.

1 person likes this.
  3. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.

Here's one place to start. EIGHT of you have voted so far. One of you thinks this place is a mess... and seven of you think there's room for improvement. WHY?

We can't improve the forum without your dialogue. Please share your thoughts and/or suggestions. Thanks.

4. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Room for improvement is that we need more members from more parts of the country. Currently, we don't have that. That is all.

5. TheMizzu

TheMizzu Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect there are a good amount of people like me who frequently read posts from this forum but don't contribute much. Its just about getting involved, which I will try to more often.

6. ryano

ryano Member

Mar 9, 2000
    Huntsville, AL
    Well, I voted that the forum needs improvement, but I don't have any idea how to do it.

I actually participate more in this forum than any other because I actually have info to share that people wouldn't get otherwise.

Normally, I just lurk without posting.

7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of what would improve this board is directly related to why you post, information. We need more of it on here. Right now it seems that this board, not unlike the NPSL itself, is pretty much incommunicado when it comes to what's going on with the league and the individual teams. And part of that stems I think from the fact that most NPSL teams aren't all that great on providing information publicly. They're run to an extent more like large club teams than public sports franchises. News is very slow in coming out from the league itself too.

8. president_nater

Jan 30, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems like traffic in the forum mirrors what happens with the teams...activity picks up in the Spring in the run-up to the season, and then carries through the season. But things sort of go dormant from September to Feb/March. During that time there's not much to talk about other than league-wide news, which only a few people know, and the rest of us log on hoping to find out something new rather than posting anything.

9. NJ Blaze

NJ Blaze New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    The forum will pick up when the schedules are posted from the NSCAA Convention and the 'buzz' kicks in prior to the season starting. Until then, it's the rumor mill :)