State of the Argentine forum

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by RacingGirl, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Message from BigSoccer :

(We Mods will refrain from commenting for the first 24 hours)

Sincerely,

RG, Moishe, Vip, and ASF

2. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Someone triplicated my thread all over the forum:eek:. Since this is the thread i linked in the mods forum, I'll paste the comment we got here.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19190475&postcount=2
    Thanks for your input, DM. You shall be rewarded with some +rep.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RG I was the one that copied your thread into other forums just to make sure the message got out as I find some posters only hit specific sub-forums. I also want to thank DM for taking the time to provide us with some feedback.

4. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No problem, Moishe. Just wanted to make sure all the positive feedback gets back to the admins. We'll keep the negative feedback on the other thread ;)

5. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    As a Super, it is a joy having the crop of Mods that I have in the Argentina Forum. Thank you.:)

6. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks, TTM :)

2 more comments have been posted. Here they are.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19197326#post19197326

7. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks. It's been an honor to be able to help out, but really I'm impressed with the job the other mods are doing.

I really enjoy this forum. There is always good information and the chance for discussion and speaking our mind about futbol and about other issues related to Argentina.

Considering all that has happened, the discussions over the national team have remained quite civil for the most part.

And the Boca Juniors subforum rocks!

Cheers.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I voted for there is room for improvement as I think that everything could be better, or at least strive for it.

But I think that so far we have been trying our best to keep the forum clean and troll free. A while back I tried to describe our duty as Mods as being able to balance the "gastada", so rooted in argentine footie, from trolling. This of course works for clubs, as when it is used for NTs it could be wrongly taken by the visiting users.

I think that is the most delicate issue in this forum, and for it feel that we have done a pretty good job. Furthermore, I firmly believe that RG has been given a free ride by most, after those first 11 games. ;) She needs to thank Diego for diverting atention away from that albiceleste. :p

Keeping the threads under topic, without personal issues among users, and avoiding duplicate (up to quintuple) topics in different threads has been smooth and delivered for the most part.

The challenge is to have our Clubs Section busier. Getting some of the NT followers and "argentine foreign based player" fans to actually watch more local footie and realize the beauty of seeing those stars develop and mature before reaching Europe. The rivalries. The colorful fans. The atrocious refereeing. This Apertura '09 could be best described as "breath-taking" ... so hopefully some of them realize that a Valencia v Almeria or an Inter v Bari couldn't compete with a Estudiantes v Velez for example. I guess you can always TIVO Mourinho or Banegas.

Other than that, users inputs are essential to aware us where they could feel there are gaps. It would be good to hear more voices ...

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I voted for the "The Forum is a Mess" option. Alright, maybe I was a bit harsh: the mods are doing an excellent job, the forums are clean and organized, and the Argentina section of BigSoccer is arguably one of the only sections of the site where respectful, yet knowledgeable conversations occur. Sure, we may have different viewpoints on certain topics (I know Vip and Moishe's differ from mine drastically! :D), but I think in general we know where to draw the line between debating and instigating. I've attempted to join different soccer forums in the past, but I have yet to find one that is as good as BigSoccer. This is one of my homepages and I visit it multiple times every single day. So what separates it from the rest? Simply the fact that I can come here whenever I want and discuss Argentine soccer with true fans, not just trolls and bandwagoners.

The reason I dislike the state of the Argentine forum is simply the lack of participation. I've attempted on numerous opportunities to give life to different threads, but it seems like some members just don't seem to be interested in posting anymore. I miss leoriver, elciclon, illrod (who just reappeared the other day out of no where!), etc... all those members who used to add their two cents to the club conversations. I am not saying that it is essential for these specific members to be active in order for our forums to continue improving, but I think an increase in participation would definitely be welcome.

Devilman: As far as "El Mas Sabio" goes, the reason I stopped hosting the contest was actually because of the above reason. I would get several members to join in on the game, but throughout the tournament participation declined. In the end, just a few of us were still playing, making me question if there was still any valid reason for it's existence. Seeing how you are very interested in it, though, I guess we could bring it back for the Clausura 2010. :)

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd be up for el mas sabio as well. I guess some people lose interest when they fall behind and realize they have no chance of winning, but it's still interesting even if the number of participants drops by the end.

As far as participation in the forum, we have to realize that this being an English language site, it's not easy to recruit Argentines to participate. But we can try to invite friends, and hopefully we'll get more people discovering the site when the World Cup comes around.

I like vipnerd's idea of trying to use the site to promote our futbol and our clubs and players. I was trying to do that with my blog as well, but lately business has been so hectic that I haven't had a chance to keep it current.

12. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If there's a problem with the Argentine forum, perhaps the "staff" should do less elbow rubbing and more self analysis. What state or reason to post this type of thread is always in question, but, usually you start from the top and then you work your way to the bottom.

My question is, have you figured out what you guys are heading before asking us this question? It seems as if you guys are trying to solve or salvage something that's there or isn't.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nobody said any problem existed. This thread and many more like it are in every main forum of Bigsoccer and have been done before. Simply a tool for feedback, nothing else.:)

14. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Then, maybe brainstorm some ways to bring in more peers to talk about football. I'm fine with the way it is now, it meets my needs, I don't need anymore information overload. If you want a state, I think this forum needs more people who can bring something and populate the forums. Advertising isn't my job. ;)

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    please keep the teams subforum updated.....with daily news or at least weekly;)

is not just 3 of them

16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a concern.
    What's going on with the forum recently? It seems even if you make a posts someone disagrees with, you can expect to have a poorly written post mocking you and your decisions. What happened to the calm collective posts that this forum was known for? Are we sending a message that insulting, derailing threads, going off topic or mocking people in posts because they generally disagree with someone is ok? We know this is football, we know everyone has strong feelings with opinions. But people are starting to push that strong wall that's been enforced for mutual respect and discussion even if you don't go eye to eye with each others points?

17. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Quite frankly, I find it a bit ironic that a post like that should come from you, of all people. I'd wager a good sum that a good portion of the people on this forum find that you are the person most guilty of a lot of the things you are putting forward here. And I know my response will draw your ire, but it needed to be said. Nothing against you personally, but your hyper agressive posting style makes it just about impossible to carry on an intelligent discussion. It's to the point where it seems to me like you are trying to sabotage things on purpose, whether that be true or not. Now, if you choose to respond, please do your best to prove me wrong.

18. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sure, you could say that. If you have to respond to hyper sensitive opinions of people pressing you on facism in a football thread because you see things different, getting ignorant responses because you think Lavezzi is playing average this year, or because you have to defend 6 pages in a Maradona thread because you feel the team was average or something like this.

I'm not surprised this post is coming from you, you have a history of over two years of getting into tilts with me and calling my posts stupid, when I've never said anything bad about you. For your information, I get green posts here from people and in other forums approving of my posts, so maybe the issue isn't me, perhaps you?

Pot calling kettle black?

My posts, that are hyper aggressive, are reactionary, mostly because I don't take shit from anyone. If you respond to me with respect, cool and collectively, you'll get equal in return.

19. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    That's actually a more measured response than I expected. I don't have anything against you, since I don't know you. Your posts however, is another matter altogether. The reason for that is that you try to bully your way into winning an argument, even though most of the time you know you have a losing hand. We are all supposed to accept your outrageous claims because you said so (or your father said so...see recent discussion about Diego & Napoli). Obviously, that is not good enough. And when people call you on it, you just lash out...and to latter play the victim. That act is actually getting a bit tired...but whatever.

Kudos to you for trying to be independent and having your very own strong opinions about everything...and getting rep points. However, a lot of those opinions go beyond being very strong into an area that is ripe with extremism...i.e A player is either good or worthless...Barcelona sucks (that one from a few months ago). It wouldn't kill you to back some of those opinions with actual reasoning, rather than lashing out whenever someone challenges you on them.

20. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Listen this has nothing to do with me and why are you bringing my father into this? You're way off base in your comments, because my initial post had nothing to do with me, nor was I accusing anyone. Yet you, saw it fit to come here and post directly about me.

As far as your direct attack on my opinions and all that other jazz that's redundant to say the least. Pot meet kettle. If you want to know the truth, your part of the problem and one of the reasons I made this post. But this isn't about my experiences either

This is off topic:
    Does this offend you? What does this have to do with what I started the post with? Exactly what? The reason I brought my father up because Moishe assumed I was younger than Dr.Know and I also mentioned that I had a discussion with someone who has better knowledge than me at that time to certify what I believe in, what I hold to be true about Napoli at that time. It was verification. My "outrageous" claims are only outrageous to you because your a napoli supporter, which makes you rather biased or outrageous because you stand another opinion that's different than yours. I did a decent job backing up my position, but it wasn't good enough. The rest of the thread was pointless because it eroded into a discussion of me changing my stance and talking about the audacity I had to call Napoli players donkeys. Which was rather pathetic. There's an expression for that, it's called butt hurt. In other words, it means your're so offended by something you just have to be satisfied with the given answer until you sway your opinion.

Actually, I remember now. I said Barcelona sucks, then I gave some reasons why I thought so. If I recall, they still weren't good enough for you. Precisely the exact same thing that happened with my critique with Napoli. Again, another team that you support. The problem is you and the problem is probably the person behind the computer as well.

21. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well aerez, i guess since you brought up this subject in open forum we should address it. I think Siempre Albiceleste hit the nail on the head here.
    I don't think the problem is with our forum, but with yourself.

Here is a short list off the top of my head of the people you have had issues with.
    Siempre Albiceleste
    El Viejo Matias
    NYC Cosmos
    Moishe
    Dr Know
    Racinggirl
    You have often gotten to the point of cursing at few posters on that list. I remember deleting a few post before they even got to see what you had said.

Now we've all tried to be patient with you and accepted you and your "strong opinions" but patience is finally wearing thin...that is why you are getting the responces you are getting.

I think that perhaps you should take a good look at your own behavior on our board before you go crying wolf (again).

Saludos!
    RG

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aerez if you feel so strongly towards your perceived ill-treatment that you must garbage up the boards with antagonist posts then maybe you should just open that customer service thread you threatened via PM.

RacingGirl hit the nail right on the head, you really need to look in the mirror. We have little strife in this forum but the one common denominator is you. When you want to be a solid contributor you are well received but when your not we get this. What kind of poster do you want to be?

23. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Che Fredo , don't feel so bad though.. i kinda' enjoy your wacked out logic , and it often has enough nonsense to be humorous to me! Everyone contributes usefull info on these boards yours just happens to be comic relief!! :rolleyes:

I think the only time you were out of line (that i noticed) was when you pushed it W/ Viejo Matias on the military regime subject a few months back.. That is a very strong nerve with many of us Argentinos , and one that if your family was affected like his was , well then its just something thats not taken lightly...

All in all Aerez you are agressive , but then what would these boards be if we didn't have your wonderfully charming personality to cheer us up... :p

24. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People I have had issues with? Are you kidding me? If it's not one thread where one poster is going off at another one. I have no issues with El Viejo Matias, Siempre, or Dr.Know or NYC Cosmos. And if I did, those issues are just part of the natural balance of friendship and disagreement. The problem with Siempre is he has issues with 'outrageous' things I post. Well you know what, I post on a ton of other message boards equally with the same amount of grit, but I never get deluded replies. They respect my opinion, want to get why so, and we take it from there. So I damn well know the problem is not entirely me.

That's a load of horseshit. Half of that list there are people who have posted aggressively. In fact, Dr.Know told me off for no reason one time. The day after he was modded.

Another lie, is cursing a few posters on that list. The only poster I cursed at was Viejo and we settled our differences. Obviously Viejo recently went off the deep end, so I don't know what's his problem recently.

And before any of you became mods, never once have I had an issue with any of you. So frankly, dear, I think you're over exaggerating.

If you're all going to pin point the entire thing on me, because you want to. Look at yourselves, because honestly, this was just a basic reply. I targeted no one in this thread, and if you can't see even the general deterioration without me involved then your post was nothing but a flagrant focuss on me. Your point is moot.
    I want you to look hard in this post, and you tell me where I'm complaining about me being ill treated? Do you have anymore exaggerations yourself?

25. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina