Starting Line-up vs Ivory Coast...?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by in da soup, May 25, 2006.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like Saviola and I hope he does well, but I think Tevez should start. If he doesn't start, at least I'd like to see him come off the bench in the second half.

My guess is Tevez will be starting by the time we get to the final. :D

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've got no problem with Saviola, I think he is an excellent player. But Tevez is better, in my opinion, and is a key member of the squad who, alongside Messi, is a player who will be instrumental in Argentina winning the world cup if they do go all the way.

3. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I have no problem with Saviola starting but as many of you i prefer Tevez. but i think when Messi returns back to our starting 11, Tevez will be starting alongside Messi and Crespo.

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Hopefully, this will be a meaningless piece of info, but FIFA assigned the refs for the 1st game against Ivory Coast. It is a Belgian trio:

Ref: Frank De Bleeckere
    Linesmen: Peter Hermans & Walter Vromans

De Bleeckere speaks French, Dutch, German and English.Hopefully Crespo can communicate with him. :rolleyes: He was the ref for the final of the U-17 between Mexico and Brazil ... and in CL last year's Liverpool v Juventus. He also was originally appointed for the Australia v Uruguay play-off, but was changed because he was close to Hiddink.

Source - Ole

PS: Argentinian Elizondo will ref the opening match between Germany and Costa Rica.

5. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Question is : are Belgians supporting their Netherlands neighbours or not :D

From experience, I think countries usually hate their neighbours' NT, specially when they are stronger...

6. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    hmm interesting, hopefully this is useless as you say VIP, but why would they not have sum1 who speaks spanish? Ivorians will have all the convos they want. Maybe its a good thing our players wont be able to communicate.
    Btw, Heinze speaks spot on english.

7. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Non spanish speaking ref, eh?

Sounds like the controversies of 2006 have begun!

and we're only 6 more days away.

8. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    The Albiceleste have been honing their tactical nous and technical skills in the last few sessions that José Nestor Pekerman has been overseeing in a closed Herzogenaurach sports stadium.

With next Saturday's World Cup debut against Didier Drogba's Ivory Coast looming closer by the minute, the Albiclestes were split into two groups to practise working at close quarters.

A potential change to the first eleven was leaked by observers, although the majority of the team was the same that played against Angola, Leonardo Franco was between the sticks and Fabricio Coloccini was in central defense.
    source : Goal.com

as far as i'm aware, colo was in place of masche :eek:

franco instead of pato? we can but hope :cool:

however, i think it's too early to read too much into this, i would have thought masche was a certain starter.

9. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    IDS, Masche is a certain starter and i am sure Pekerman won't bench him. as far as Franco, Pekerman might use him as a starter and finger crossed for that. and don't worry Colo can never replace either Ayala or Heinze if they are fit.:cool:

10. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    kewl :cool:

11. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Don't get me wrong, Pato certainly earned a place on the bench with his performance against Angola...but I really can not see Pekerman making a change like this at the beginning of a World Cup.

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I could see Pekerman doing something like this as he can be a tinkering fool. My guess though is that it was more a wake up call for El Pato to get his focus back.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As much as I'd like to see Pato dropped to the subs bench it would be surprise if after playing him in all the pre-world cup matehs he was suddenly to be dropped.

However, with Peker you never quite know. :confused:

14. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, so now let's criticize Peker for NOT keeping Pato :rolleyes:

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who's criticizing Pekerman? I did call him a tinkering fool but that is imho the quality that makes him such a fine coach. I myself don't see any reason why Pato wont start on Saturday. Heck for all we know, Colo and Franco were more decoys to get the press talking and other group coaches thinking. I woke up in a conspiracy frame of mind:)

16. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, sorry. I assumed "tinkering fool" was an insult. My english is worse than I thought :D

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No worries. To me a coach that can adjust on the fly usually does well in short tourneys. Look at Pekermans youth teams and you'll see he did this all the time and to very good success. Hows the weather in Switzerland, my best mate has been living in Bern for a couple of years and enjoys it. He has a hard time cheering for a team called "Young Boys" though:)

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is that the Young Boys of Bern who play in the Wankdorf stadium?:D

19. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, that's the one. I have always failed to get interested in the Swiss league, though... I just followed a few matches of Basel at some point, as they had 4-5 Argies playing.

Weather is very fresh for the season, but getting warmer day by day...

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cheers BSAS, he said the skiing has been really good this past season. He's actually enjoyed watching Swiss futbol. We just love taking the piss out of a pro sports club with such a cheeky name. We're both filthy pervs also:)

21. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    bsas, speaking about Basle, does that Delgado guy look very much like Bati or what?

22. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    any word on who will be the starting fowards?

im asuming it will be Tevez and Crespo but i could be wrong

23. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    condor, it looks v much like saviola and crespo, tho we'll have to wait and see.

24. messi#1

messi#1 New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    MESSI, TEVEZ AND CRESPO....

I'll take those 3 over any other teams forwards...

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i was hoping to see Tevez against IVC, hopefully he will get time off the bench