Start showing your desire for a team Miami! I want MLS to come back to Miami!!

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea it does sound better after Magic City...
    You really think so though? Legal issues? I mean after all we are the Magic City, and its Magic City not Miami Magic.. But hten again you never know.. If in fact they do get that name hope they wont hold that against MLS Miami..

YEa true...

2. DiamondsYank

DiamondsYank New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    NYC Metro Area
    I think that's a case of FIFA strong-arming the Aussies. The adopted nickname of the Aussie NT is the Socceroos. The sport is called Soccer in Australia, not Football. And yet the federation changed its name not long ago to Football Federation Australia. Now they're going to add Pro/Rel to a league that had maybe 8 clubs just a few years ago? Seems to me that the powers that be inside FFA are easily pushed around by FIFA. I'm not saying any of those things they've implemented are necesarilly bad, I'm just saying it sounds more like FIFA is telling them how to run the sport inside their own country.

FIFA has less influence in America. Somehow Garber & Co. have managed to add 1 and now 2 Canadian cities to MLS. Even though, technically, they should be governed by Canada's Fed.

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not unprecedented. Cardiff and Wrexham play in England, not Wales.

4. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that would be a problem. Totally different names.

Magic City being a name of the place as opposed to a team nickname. Besides that there are lots of teams in different sports that share names. If Miami was starting another NBA team than yeah, but there is no law that says something in a totally different business can't have the same name. As long as they didn't rip off the Magic's logo and replace the basketball with a soccer ball, they'd be okay.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now in 2014, is Magic City still a viable team name?

6. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I am not seeing, much support from Miami fans, on here or on FB...Maybe its just me, I am not in Miami, so I cant speak for the fans there or how they are supporting MLS MIAMI. My gut is telling me Miami will lose out to Vegas, because of their push now and no stadium deal yet for Becks and Company. Hopefully I am wrong though.

8. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently there are a few things coming together such as a Coalition called Goal Miami to fight this Alliance. It's being led by Beckham. If any of you guys know any business, individual or politician in Miami Dade that supports our cause, please have them contact: Kathyrn Moore 786 543 8849
    https://www.facebook.com/krmoore and her email: kathryn@krmstrategies.com

If you go to the Southern Legion site, there is also an petition that anyone could sign as long as your in favor of bringing an MLS team to downtown Miami.

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys please, open up cpmvos here a team is about to get announced, and one other team has already been announced, lets talk out loud about this, like previously done a year ago(Becks announcement)

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  10. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA, ATL, Minnesota United, and ? I agree there needs to be more convo, more activity from those in Miami and southern Florida.

Inter Miami FC and Lucho305 repped this.
  11. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way things are going I wouldn't doubt it, if Sacramento Republic or the San Antonio Scorpions get in before Miami. :(

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At that point I think its over, deflate gate would be on my hopes of having an MLS team

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure MLS agrees (second 0:47):

14. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #39 Andy Bulldog, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Minnesota and LAFC came in after the Miami/Beckham bid to come in. Miami still hasn't been awarded one officially, yet Minnesota and LAFC are in before them. So there is still time for both the Sacramento Republic and the San Antonio Scorpions to OFFICIALLY sneak in before Miami. If they get stadium deals before Miami, they will get in before.... Miami has to have a stadium first.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet MLS continues to say they have expansion teams in LA, Minnesota and Miami in all their recent media, which was my point.

16. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States