Stanford University 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by cachundo, Jan 12, 2017.

1. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stanford 1-0 Arizona

Stanford 6-0 Arizona St.

Next is a physiologically taxing road trip to the Mountain schools. At Utah Th 1600 PST, then at Boulder Sun 1300 PST. The elevation change presents a challenge, not to mention the plane rides to, and between, the games.

Utah have no meaningful wins, and their uRPI is at a middling ~ 0.5800, need to raise it by 200 basis points to 0.6000 to have a realistic chance of being an at-large selection to the dance. Stanford are their last big chance to make an impression; they still have away at UCLA, but that's a very tall ask. Win against Stanford, get to 0.6000 uRPI by running the table - Utah will get an invite. Losing against Stanford, and winning against Cal - not gonna get them in. Expect them to throw the kitchen sink, and then some.

Colorado are at about 0.6000 uRPI, but have no meaningful wins. Already lost to UCLA, so a win against Stanford is their best chance to make an impression to the selection committee.

But Utah first. Hard to go a full 90 for both games from your first XI, hopefully more players get PT

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're pretty close with your numbers, but a little too demanding. Over the last 10 years, teams with ARPIs of 0.5989 or better always have gotten at large selections. Teams with ARPIs of 0.57018 or worse never have gotten at large selections. Over the last 10 years, 123 teams with ARPIs below 0.6000 have gotten at large selections, so an average of about 12 per year -- again, all with ARPIs better than 0.57018.

You're also right in suggesting that if a team has no meaningful wins, its ARPI needs to be better than if it has significant wins.

And, you're right in suggesting Colorado and Utah will have to do better if they want to get into the NCAA Tournament. Right now, my system has Colorado borderline, but out, and Utah a little more out. I'd say both teams need at least a tie against one of the top Pac12 teams or a win or two against the next Pac12 tier to get into the tournament.

3. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Utah 0-3 Stanford

Colorado 0-3 Stanford

from the Boulder Daily Camera:
    Offensive slump continues for CU Buffs soccer in loss to No. 2 Stanford

from the buffzone.com:
    Colorado natives thwart CU soccer in homecoming match

Next up Friday night is hosting Udub. Unless Udub were to lose all of their remaining games, they will be invited to the Tournament. Udub are not the hapless edition that we hosted last season, giving up 3 goals against a team with 10 players for 80 minutes. They've already beaten Florida this season, remember them?

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  4. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stanford 4-0 Oregon

Stanford 6-0 Oregon St.

Goals galore this weekend. Slow start against Oregon saw the Ducks dictate tempo the first 15 minutes or so until Macario broke the ice with a wonderful FK. Goal changed everything, she should have had a hat-trick.

Unsung hero of the season Jaye had another great game, efficiently orchestrating the team when playing the 10 role. The only 10 since Noyola who can effectively carry not only the ball, but also the team, forward. Watch her when she gets rid of the ball, keeps on running to make space for herself to get it back. Penetrates the PA with the ball at her feet, sucking in defenders which opens up space for her teammates. As evidenced by Macario's hit off the post, which was eventually deposited by Carusa.

The game against OSU was over by the time Carusa deposited the near-post header. Why they don't aim their CKs for a near-post play every time baffles me. College Cup teams with Abegg and O'Hara used to make a living converting near-post headers off CKs.

Jordan performs so much better at a deeper role when she has time and space to operate, and doesn't have to run forward as much and gets left behind in transition.

Strong game overall with huge contributions by all the freshman. Strong seasons so far from Macario, Kiki, and Civana, what can you say, came as advertised.

Ironically, Macario has strong games when Andi is not starting/playing. I'll let the cognoscenti chime in.

Clue: it's the difference between what Tierna and Andi do with the ball, and afterwards, when either one carries it forward. This is why, in my season preview, I liked Tierna better at the 8 than Andi - it's because of what she can do moving forward with the ball at her feet. And do it well with an assassin like Macario.

I really like how Haley plays with her back to goal. Unlike Macario, holds up high allowing more space forward for her runners to run to. Needs to clean up technique, develop better balance, and get stronger and play lower as she has the tendency to fall down when she receives the ball, Kyra has the tendency to butcher the ball as well when she receives it, but she does very well when she lowers her center of gravity or one-time flicks it to a runner.

In the OSU game, Macario played better with her back to goal when she received the ball well beyond the arc. Runners had space in the PA to run to, and she had space to play and turn since she had only 1 defender to turn against. Classic Notre Dame play.

You can tell Serafin was a converted mid with how she carried the ball forward with ease. Nice pass to turn Civana loose, and Civana had the smarts to outstep the ball to eliminate the GK from the equation. Classic O'Hara goal-scoring play.

Really like how Briede plays. Finishes her runs after passing the ball, and runs diagonals which most don't. Should be starting were it not for the talent and experience playing ahead of her. I hope to see more of her this season, and definitely next.

Huge games at UCLA Thursday, and at USC Sunday. UCLA is a must-win game, if the Card have ambitions of attaining a 1-seed. At present, the Card's claim to a 1-seed is tenuous, with the "best win" RPI-wise coming against Arizona. Winning at UCLA will remove any doubt to a 1-seed. Both teams have impressive firepower. Which team's GK will play like Buffon or look like a buffoon?

I really like USC's attack. Their coach gets the most out of his talent, and those forwards run intricate patterns to goal - the best in the Pac. Stanford score out of individual brilliance, while USC's attackers really work for each other and score as a reward for someone else's hard work. Really great games to look forward to.

Glove Stinks, FreshPow and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  5. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    UCLA 0-1 Stanford

USC 1-3 Stanford

Congratulations to the Pac12 champions. Great performance and away results against Tournament teams.

About Sunday, I wonder what the conference's policy is, if any, about concussion protocol. If the policy is just asking the player if she's ok, of course she's going to say she is. Were questions asked to test the player's cognitive ability? Maybe simple questions such as where we are or what day it is?

Questions such as what is FMOtQ? Or which would you rather be - a Dolly or a Song Girl, and why? The answer is not as important as making the player think, reason, and explain why. Otherwise, this would be deja vu all over again with old man Dunning [good riddance, btw] ruining national team player Hayley Hodson's VB career. Much like WVB, there would be no shortage of interest were WSOC job became available.

How about that Macario DFK? Holy Miralem Pjanic!!! Perfect placement. GSjr had no chance ;)

The more I see Belle play, the more I like her. Keeps possession, wins balls and tackles, and provides calm, composed link-up play at mid when it's sorely needed. Which is most of the time.

Last regular-season home game will be against Cal. In all likelihood, Cal have already punched their ticket to the dance, and Stanford have one of the four coveted 1-seeds regardless of the outcome. The game's luster would have been shinier if this rivalry game was Game 6, and not Game 11. There would have been much more to play for, as the conference championship would have still been up for grabs,

Fri KO 1900

socalsoccer23 and Glove Stinks repped this.
  6. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Congrats to Stanford. They are an unbelievable team. All 3 goals were golazo worthy. Macario’s DFK was exceptional but credit a small share of that to Xiao. She was lined up opposite Macario and could have taken the shot opposite the wall. That forced GSjr to play more neutral to cover both sides. None the less a great shot placement.
    It’s going to take a gargantuan effort or some dumb luck to take down the Cardinal in the tournament

cachundo and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  7. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stanford 1-0 Cal

Scoreline does not reflect domination of the game. Lots of great looks, wish a few more would have gone in.

I asked for Andi's cardboard cutout, but my request was denied. :cry:

Stanford are likely to receive one of the 1-seeds. My crystal ball reveals that the Committee will seed as such:

1_Stanford ___________ 2_UCLA _______ 3_Ohio St _____ 4_Rutgers
    1_North Carolina _____ 2_Penn St ______ 3_WVa ______ 4_Florida St
    1_Duke ______________ 2_UCF _________ 3_USF ________ 4_Notre Dame
    1_South Carolina _____ 2_TAMU _______ 3_Texas ______ 4_Florida

Rd 1 matchup will likely be Denver.
    Possible Rd 3 matchup - Rutgers v. [Cal v. Santa Clara]
    Possible Rd 4 matchup against UCLA

NCAA selection Monday scheduled for 1330.

8. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rd1 opponent is Utah Valley University

Utah Valley may be an unfamiliar opponent, but their HC is not. In his 1st year at Orem, Chris LeMay won their league. Prior to that, he was a coach at Cal for 4 years. So he knows Stanford very well. Don't sleep on Utah Valley, they're a survivor, getting into the dance via PK shootout.

Interestingly, he coached Kyra And Cat at Surf. He was instrumental making Macario commit to Berkeley. Thankfully, Macario saw the light. Can you imagine playing against her every year? Besides, she looks so much better wearing red than blue. :laugh:

Here's the bracket

Random thoughts:

The Committee shipped the winner of Cal-SCU to the frozen tundra of Columbus, OH. If the Committee were really looking to save $$$, the winner of Cal-SCU would have faced FSU.

The obvious Rd4 matchup with UCLA didn't materialize. Instead, UCLA will go to North Carolina, should both make it that far.

Should the brackets play out, the likely opponents will be:
    Rd2 - Auburn
    Rd3 - FSU
    Rd4 - West Virginia-Penn St

I thought the Card would draw Rutgers for Rd3. Instead, we get Florida St. FSU, specifically Mark, worries me. They've had a whole week off after strategically tanking the ACC dance. Shrewd of Mark. Bad for the Card.

Rd1 KO Sat 1900

9. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lemay can be on the Christmas dinner invitation at the Macario house and he still has no chance to stop her. He's done a nice job at Utah Valley despite the fact that he can be a bit of an ass at times
    Cachundo, your bracketology was pretty good despite leaving the defending champs out in the cold :)

cachundo repped this.
  10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cachundo, glad you've been back recently after what seemed like an absence. I like your style.

But ... "frozen tundra" in Columbus? It may get cold in Ohio this time of year, and it may snow -- though usually pretty wet snow -- but there ain't no tundra there. You've got to go to Wazoo this time of year to get real frozen tundra.:)

cachundo and Gilmoy repped this.
  11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not all frozen! Only half of it :whistling:

12. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've been very busy the last few months and unable to post thoughts on some of the games that I've watched. Frozen tundra - Exaggeration on my part. Californians have this aversion to cold temps. You should see night games at Stanford when temps get into the 50s, the gloves and mittens come out o_O

FWIW, I love the Palouse. As long as it's not sleet. Best time to go hike/backpack in the snow is temps in the teens/20s. The white stuff is crunchy, firm, and stable. Best of all. no bugs and no people in the backcountry when it's that cold :giggle:

I guess Lemay's a contributing factor as to why GSjr is not playing close to home ;)

You may not like what I have to say, but regarding 3/4 seeds, I consider them as a glorified no-seed, and a kiss of death in this dance's 1-2-1-2 format. Some people get a rise out of it, but Mark Krikorian sees it as I see it.

To me, a 3/4 seed is the kiss of death as this gives the Committee license to send you packing. You wish you were unseeded and stayed close to home instead. FSU could have been unseeded and stayed close to home in UCF's bracket, instead of going to Stanford. Texas wish they were unseeded, and stayed in TAMU's bracket. USC could have been unseeded and stayed close to home in UCLA's bracket. Virginia could have been unseeded and stayed close in WVa's bracket.

Virginia, to me, was such an outlier. I looked at 19 teams making the 16 seeds, and Virginia was not one of them. Their win against WVa was huge to the Committee. Anyway, they get the kiss of death, they have to travel to LA to face the winner of Pepp-Fullerton. Pepp or Fullerton looks like the real winner here. That team wouldn't have to travel and get to sleep in their own beds for at least two weekends. USC could have been that unseeded team and faced Virginia instead, but was not meant to be.

Utah valley clips:

13. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lemay had -0- to do with my kids decision...she had no interest in Cal....The Lemay thing came from another great kid that he screwed over.
    I would agree on the 3/4 seed, but there was no way we would have ever stayed home in UCLA's bracket based on NCAA's seeding rule about same conference matchups before the sweet 16. Makes it tough when 7 teams from a conference get in. Whats worse is the freakin plane fares into college station or any of the other hubs inside 2 hours is rediculous. I will be watching from my couch

14. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    from espn.com:

[​IMG]

Will Andi Sullivan leave with a title?

From Brazil to Stanford, from sacrifice to stardom for Catarina Macario

[​IMG]

15. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stanford 9-1 Utah Valley

I’ve watched almost every home game and then a few more away games the last 17 years, and I’ve never seen so many goals in 1 game.

You can dress 20 max, we got 5 on the shelf, 1 with the Nats, woohoo! we scrounged up a squad of 20 to play this week.

Glad to see Haley open up the scoring with a nifty outstep. A few minutes later, Civana relentlessly pursued a ball, got it past the GK, and slotted it into a wide-open net. Stanford 2-0.

UVU had a good game plan, and I always thought that it’s the best way to beat Stanford. High press, force the defenders to turn it over or surrender a CK. And when you get the ball, shoot quickly against GK1. UVU converted off a CK, I wish there’s a clip I can find somewhere so I can see exactly what happened.

Then a flurry of 3 goals in 4 minutes. Jaye scored a scorcher that their GK made a howler of, Tierna converted off my fave near-post header off a CK, then a Bergkamp-esque finish by Macario off a Xiao cross. Just a beautiful goal.

The flurry of 3 goals in 4 minutes really killed of any hope UVU had in the game. They were playing well within themselves, they scored the 1st goal that the Card conceded at home this season, The howler was the only time in the game that I saw heads dropped, other than that, UVU came out fighting and firing. The problem with a high press is that it becomes a wide-open game, and with the firepower that Stanford can bring to bear, you give up good looks, you make a mistake, the Card will take full advantage.

5 minutes before the half, Belle scores off a near-post header. From a distance, looks like, moves like, and scores like Abegg. HT Stanford 6-1.

UVU came out motivated to start H2. i like their style - don’t look at the scoreboard, just play the way you’re capable of playing.

Their GK punts, Civana wins a massive header near the center circle, forwarding it to Haley. Haley took control and showed amazing strength, agility, power, and pace. First a swim move, then bull-rushed her defender, then tossed the QB, ….. I mean, scored a goal. Holy sh!t batman, where did she learn those moves? :D

Very pleased to see tranny score a couple of goals herself. Should have been starting the whole season last year.

Next week:

Hopefully we can scrounge up 20 players from a healthy 21 :cautious:

16. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Stanford! A well coached, talented, classy program. Best of luck the rest of the way! By the way, I believe a few of Stanfords players may be on the full national team in the future along with Sullivan.

17. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for the well-wishes, and I wish FSU a longer run next tournament.

=====

Stanford 1-0 Florida St.

Stanford left it late, but Tierna came up big as the catalyst for this smash-and-grab play

Next up are Penn State. In my seeding prognostications a few weeks ago, I had PSU as a 2-seed paired up against 3-seed WVU. With the actual seedings reversed, PSU went to WVU and came away with a 3-1 away result. 1-0 away win can be considered a fluke, 3-1 away win is legit. Shi++y seeding mattered little to PSU. I think I got those seedings and pairings correct.

If PSU can get score 3 goals away, then that is a mighty opponent coming here. One thing to remember is that more than half of PSU squad were members of their 2015 national championship team. I still remember, in 2015, how well PSU played away at Stanford - a dominating 2-0 win for them. They were very well-coached, and if they play anything like 2 years ago, we're in for tough sledding.

KO Friday 1400 PST

18. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    I'll say this about Stanford... Kiki Pickett might be my favorite player in women's college soccer.

Every team needs a player like that.

HeadSpun, socalsoccer23 and Glove Stinks repped this.
  19. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    a Penn State compendium

from the PSU Collegian:
    Stanford scouting report: learn about Penn State women’s soccer’s Elite 8 opponent

from the centredaily.com:
    Penn State women’s soccer’s solid defense facing test from high-flying Stanford

from espn.com:
    An air of mystery surrounds NCAA women's soccer quarterfinals

20. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #45 cachundo, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    The team from Happy Valley labeled their season as “chasing greatness”.

They spent 90 minutes doing that on the Farm.

Stanford 4-0 Penn St

If one were indeed chasing greatness, there was perhaps not a better time nor place to do that than yesterday’s gorgeous afternoon at the Farm. Blue skies, sunshine, temps in the low 70s at KO, just a beautiful afternoon for soccer. And soccer junkies.

The tension/excitement was palpable at the Q. And i learned a few things, such as the winner of the match will advance to College Cup, not “the College Cup”. Much like Big Game is not addressed as “the Big Game”. And that College Cup will be in Orlando, FL; all along i thought it was Kennesaw, GA..

The match started inauspiciously for the visitors. Perhaps full of adrenaline and nervous energy, their player started from their attacking third and played a negative ball to their defensive third. Really poor decision. Kyra pounced on it, and won a dfk when the defender handled the ball. Shades of the game at USC, the ball was at almost the same exact spot for Macario to launch. This time, Macario sent it top-shelf far-post. You think they were happy on the field? There was pandemonium in the stands! Good guys up 1-0 minute2.

In the 10th minute, Kiki won a ball from behind her player, and was adjudged to have been fouled in the process. I was muttering 4-letter invectives at the CR because advantage should have been applied. No matter, the restarted ball went to Andi, with acres of green all around her. PSU did not pick her up initially, and subsequently were slow to pick up her run. Penetrating the PA with the ball at her feet, Andi launched a slow roller that somehow eluded several pairs of legs and the GK Stanford 2-0.

But wait ….. there’s more …..

Because Kiki was not yet done.

The 60” pitbull masquerading as a relentless soccer player, Kiki won a pass sent to her player at center stripe, and volleyed it quickly to the coffin corner. Kyra slid the ball back to the PA. No one picked up the Boss and she slotted it in for the 3rd goal. Bread-and-butter training ground play for the Card, have been scoring goals like this the whole season, Walsh and her players must not have been watching film. Stanford 3-0 minute12.

PSU players looked shocked down the field. Bedlam in the stands. We were playing against a very good team, but we’re up 3-0, 12 minutes in. everyone in the stands knew --- we were going back to … ahem … “College Cup” :)

Even i was shocked at the way Stanford played. The Card typically would play like a reticulating python, lulling you to sleep by passing around your half, as they slowly strangle and crush you with a vise-like grip, giving up a CK or a goal in the process. This time around, the Card played quick-strike like a cobra, going up route 1 if that was available. PSU made lapses in judgment and coverage, Stanford jumped on it quickly, quick-strike later, Stanford score.

To me, the Boss, the self-described “”frosh-more” is the unsung hero of this team. Adds a different dimension playing as the 10

Years ago, before they wore the Cardinal and White, I watched Zoe, Sarah, and the Boss play for MVLA. And i had this familiar feeling. It was that same feeling even years before that, when i would make the trek to Morgan Hill to see Noyola, Lindsay Taylor, and Marguerite [yes the coach, not the shuttle] also playing for MVLA. It was a good feeling. T and LT had the look and feel of a champion.

And with those those three mids along with another hotshot mid named Andi coming to the Farm, I thought that we would have an all-star midfield for years. It was not to be. Unable to play but for a handful of games before this season, the Boss sure made up for lost time. Really grateful that she stuck in there.

Back to the game ...

PSU had 2 excellent goal-scoring opportunities. The 1st one the GK made an acrobatic save over the crossbar. The 2nd one, the attacker eluded 2 defenders, and shot quickly, but somehow hit the post. Unlike last season’s absence of luck in the playoff loss against Santa Clara, the soccer gods were smiling on Stanford this time around. :)

For clear-cut “you-should-have-scored” goal-scoring opportunities, it was 7-2 in our favor.

The 1st 3 goals were wonderful, beautiful, [insert adjective here]. But the buildup to the 4th goal was sublime, as it was brutal.

Touch 0 - their GK clears the ball up the field.
    Touch 1 - Tierna wins with a massive header in midfield, sending it directly to Civana
    Touch 2 - Civana 1-touch flick to Macario’s foot
    Touch 3 - Macario dribbles and slips a pass to space for Kyra
    Touch 4 - Kyra redirects the ball into the net. Stanford 4-0

Civana was celebrating as if she scored the goal herself. She really made that good of a flick/pass.

4 Stanford touches after their GK cleared the ball upfield,10 seconds later, she’s picking it from the back of the net, with no one in blue touching it in between, but her.

And with that 4th goal, only 25 minutes have elapsed. But the destruction of a very good soccer team was complete, as it was brutal.

H2 saw PSU try to make a game of it, i thought that they could have been more aggressive as they were staring at a 4-goal deficit. Perhaps the reality and enormity of the task of overhauling a 4-goal deficit, away, only became apparent and palpable when players caught their breath during the lull of HT.

Very well-played game by Stanford. What a way to send out the seniors who have played their last match at the Q. Whatever the outcome next week will be, the general consensus is that Andi is one of the best. If not the best, players to have ever worn the Cardinal and White.

My experience is that Round 4 is always the hardest one for Stanford to win. You could feel the tension and nervous energy in the players, and the anxiety is just as palpable in the stands. Perhaps there's this added weight/burden that it's your last home game, and "College Cup" is within grasp.

Just about every player stood out, but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention a few, aside from the usual suspects, who I thought really played above and beyond.

Give Jojo space on the touchline and she’ll take it. I’m talking 12 inches of space. Moved up the touchline with ease, a real tightrope walker. Played majority of the game at left back. I expect to see more of her next week.

SS8 can really carry the ball forward. Gotta call her something like SS8 cause there’s supposed to be another Sophia S coming in next season. Nominally a center back, she deputized for Kiki at right back, and even with 2 players on her, would dribble out of trouble, turn, and just carried the ball forward with ease. Center backs are not supposed to be able to do that. :speechless:

This was Jordan’s most complete game this season, perhaps even her best game. She didn’t score, didn’t dish assists, perhaps no shots either. If there was 1 mid to attack and play and pass around against, it’s usually her, But this game she really stood tall and was a wall - winning headers, and sticking it in there, instead of getting stuck in.

Played a very intelligent game, not hanging onto the ball a second longer as she usually does, necessitating making that momentum-killing negative ball to her backline. Jordan seemed to have better vision, you could sense a visceral change in the way she played the game as she won one header and one challenge after another. Found outlets quickly, and that outlet carried the ball forward. She made those good decisions consistently, effectively, efficiently. Jordan was the catalyst as to why the Stanford buzzsaw was buzzing so much more effectively and more efficiently against a very good opponent.

And whatever Ratcliffe fed the team for turkey day, needs to be rehashed for next Friday’s match. Find the carcass, even if it’s on the train tracks by now. :D

Next Friday’s opponent will be South Carolina. Time tba

Glove Stinks and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  21. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To reach the 2017 National Championship match, Stanford had to beat the schools that won the National Championships in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

The great thing was beating the school that won the 2013 National Championship for the second time this season in the National Championship match. UCLA played well and it was a very entertaining Championship match.

Stanford 3-2 UCLA

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Team Stanford - players, coaches, and the people who support them.

23. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Great team, great season--talent at every position and lots of chemistry. Congratulations on the title.

24. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Congrats on great season and win!! We were so close keeping you to a 1-0 loss, but you definitely outplayed us and everyone. Well deserved Natty!

RPVCard and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  25. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    In the highlight video of the final (on the NCAA site), the narrator says that Stanford is losing only one player to graduation. Can it really be true that the entire Stanford team, other than Sullivan, will be back next season? If so, wow.