Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Pl@ymaker, Deeneaus, Starman* and 7 others repped this.
  2. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd guess $7-8 million. That could easily double (or more) with good international performances and, more importantly, a good season on loan in a better league next season.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dunno if this was posted but MM will get no further punishment for going a little nuts v. 'veen. I will avoiding any more bad puns in this post, but it is very difficult for me.

russ, sXeWesley, neems and 4 others repped this.
  4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Well a dirty bastard as a defender is not a bad thing. Not crazy about that kind of footy, but Sergio Ramos is a dirty bastard, and he has managed to have a decent enough career.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    FWIW, Sergio Ramos is like the Dan Quayle of soccer, the type of guy who tweets the Spanish basketball team can still win the final in the second leg (the final of the Euroliga is a single game) or congratulates a team nearly a month after they won a championship just because he though the recorded game was live, etc.

The guy is a treasure, the definition of "lelo."

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. The KNVB havenot got the balls for going after MM or were being bribed by the Russians. You should put the comments through googtranslate. Hope the puns survive it.
    https://www.gelderlander.nl/vitesse...onderzoek-naar-elleboogstoot-matavz~a9364491/
    Miazga vrijuit voor ballenknijpen

Winoman repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  8. :cautious::whistling::sneaky:

9. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sakibomb523, Pl@ymaker and Gacm32 repped this.
  10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4310 m vann, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Very shocked Matt avoided suspension. The incident is funny and I laughed but..........it's completely unnecessary, stupid, and childish. There's no place for that in the game. None. I am curious to know KNVB's justification for not suspending Matt. Oh well.........good for Matt.

TxEx and TheFalseNine repped this.
  11. Well, it's not the business of the KNVB as such, but of the prosecutor that made the decision not to punish him.

12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, I am curious as to why no suspension. It's not different that had he punched a guy in the ribs/stomach. I guess it could fall under violent conduct. Nonetheless, it's just a little shocking he avoided punishment for such an act.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Hes got a new teammate...

Jack Rodwell on season loan from Sunderland.

14. I agree with you. Would it have been noticed by the referee, it should have been a red card.
    But the prosecutor looked at the video and decided to take no further action and dismiss the case. He doesnot have to explain why.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    They had no choice. A defender handling the ball in the box warrants a caution but not suspension unless it was denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity according to the LOTG. 'veen had distance but not direction...

Winoman and m vann repped this.
  16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Talk about a random transfer

17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I thought the same thing, come to find out he’s actually on a trial there, not an actual loan. Weird situation.

neems and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. It bounced. Vitesse decided not to go through with it for organizational reasons(??).
    https://www.gelderlander.nl/vitesse/komst-rodwell-naar-vitesse-afgeketst~ae842bc1/
    [​IMG]
    Jack Rodwell. © pro shots
    Komst Rodwell naar Vitesse afgeketst

ARNHEM - De proefstage van Jack Rodwell bij Vitesse is afgeblazen. De Arnhemse club ziet alsnog af van de komst van de Engelsman van Sunderland. Dat gebeurt omwille van organisatorische redenen.

Lex Lammers 25-01-18, 10:22 Laatste update: 10:46
    Rodwell (26) zou zich deze donderdag melden op Papendal voor een fysieke test. Hij zou dan vrijdag mee gaan trainen bij het beloftenteam. Daarna wilde Vitesse de drievoudig international huren van Sunderland.

Dat gaat nu allemaal niet meer door.

neems and wixson7 repped this.
  19. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Rodwell=underachiever who sometimes shows quality that soon disappears. Also, not a prospect at this point.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Apparently he's still on 60-70 K a week. A massive paycut had he actually moved to Vitesse. I'm shocked he didn't opt for a move to China.

21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TheFalseNine, TxEx, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  22. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013

Looks like he had a pretty decent game in a 2-1 win.

23. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    He’s shaping up better than I thought he would.

If he had the potential for Chelsea he would have shown it by this age, but a bottom - mid level EPL club player is good for me.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I still think he has to show it in a better league, eventually. Or on the international stage. There's a reason why the Eredivisie is ranked these days below Austria, Turkey & Switzerland.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Even Austria? Say it ain't so