Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am, in general, very cautious about bringing in young (or new) players into the team in qualifiers (especially absolute do or die qualifiers) but miazga is an exception. hes the rare prospect we have thats been a fairly regular, first team starter (after being the same with nyrb) in a very good league for well over a year- the only way hes untested is with the nats which is on our coaches.

that said, the one reservation id have is who hes paired with. with cameron or besler? i have zero problem putting him out against panama. but brooks or gonzalez i wouldnt. i know brooks is out, my point being he doesnt seem to be an organizer, that guy thats going to move the backline for us.

and thats not a knock at all- some cbs arent that period, which is fine, and he may still grow into that sort of player- point being as long as we have cam or besler (our two guys i feel lead the line well) theres no reason he cant/shouldnt be a part of this team.

the only reason is arena, period. thats also not (completely) a knock, im just saying mckennie? theres obvious reasons he shouldnt be in these games now. but miazga (and williams, while im into it)? its 100% arena. he likes ream better than miazga and besler both for some damn reason. but "untested" is nonsense- i wish he would just be honest about it because at the end of the day it makes our players look less than they are because he doesnt want to use them.

(sorry if this is too off-topic of his club career)

Suyuntuy repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yep, basically Besler and Cameron are the "brains" of our defensive line. You don't put a new guy with no brains to direct him around.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Played 90 as the club got a 1-1 draw vs Utrecht

4. AD Sportwereld rating:
    Vitesse – FC Utrecht 1-1
    Vitesse: Pasveer 5; Dabo 5,5, Kashia 6, Miazga 6,5, Büttner 6; Bruns 6,5, Serero 6, Foor 6 (90. Colkett -); Rashica 6,5, Matavz 5 (66. Castaignos -) Linssen 5 (74. Mount -).
    FC Utrecht: Jensen 6; Klaiber 5,5, Dumic 6, Janssen 5,5, Van der Meer 5,5 (83. Van der Maarel -); Strieder 6 (64. Emanuelson -), Ayoub 6, Van de Streek 5,5 (83. Willock -), Labyad 6; Kerk 5,5, Dessers 6.
    Arbiter: Kuipers 6
    Man of the Match: In een enigszins pover duel in de Gelredome was Milot Rashica een positieve en actieve verschijning. De behendige flankaanvaller van Vitesse moest door de FC Utrecht-defensie liefst zeven keer gevloerd worden en bleef als enige van de drie Arnhemse aanvallers de volle 90 minuten op het veld staan. Zijn vier schoten op doel leverden echter geen enkel doelpunt op.

Namdynamo, edcrocker, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  5. From the 7 matches sofar Miazga is with Feyenoord striker Jörgensen 8th in duels won stats with 66.7% duels won.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And the scar on his cheek looks fetching!

(But there's no way he scores that upper V like Omar did!)

7. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Again, just a rumor.

HartwickFan, Namdynamo, TxEx and 3 others repped this.
  8. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this account ever been right?

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It has, its like 50/50.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow if that price is accurate pretty impressive

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    anyone who can hold mighty Ajax to one goal in a Vitesse win has to be worldclass - according to Ajax! (kidding, sort of) TBF that was a very good game for MM (and Vitesse). No idea about the $$ but it would not be out of the realm for Ajax to sniff around a young defender they might make a nickle on some day.

12. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that rumor, but that number makes sense based on the transfer fee Chelsea originally paid.

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    was he that good today?

14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Vitesse play a different mythical hero tomorrow. the Ajax game was a few weeks ago. It was a good game for him, for sure.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I got that ;) clever

Our boi went 90 in a 1-1 draw.

HartwickFan repped this.
  16. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    That would be intriguing. He'd be guaranteed a fight at the title and also a high chance of the CL. Then again maybe he might prefer a bigger league, albeit at a mid-table club.

18. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Sweet. Just in time for the World... never mind.

Deeneaus, PalmettoSpur, KUSA77 and 8 others repped this.
  19. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Surely this must mean that Ajax is scouting Gonzalez and Ream right? Since they got PT over Miazga....okay okay, I'll stop. Ajax would be a great move for him, hope that happens.

He started and went the full 90 today in a 1-1 draw

20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I have problems seeing this happen, unless it's a straight transfer/season-and-a-half loan. Because it's another Eredivisie side, Vitesse would be seriously pissed and try to put sand in the gears. They might be able to go to FIFA/UEFA; IIRC a player can't be registered for three clubs in one season.

Doubt it'd be great for Matt either. Stable development and all that.

freisland and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I didn't think it would be legal, but I'm no expert. I think Vitesse has been good for MM, but no reason he should be afraid of moving to Ajax either. If he can't lock down time there, EPL is beyond him.

22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For sure. Unlike many, I'm not down on Dutch football. Things run in cycles and - like the USMNT - this team had got too old and too stale. And, to be honest, the sight of Arjen Robben's distress was a guilty pleasure.* It's still one of the very best places to develop your technical and tactical skill set.

If Matt does move to Ajax on an 18-month loan and does well then there's no reason to think that the EPl would be beyond him (though it my or may not be the best fit for his skill-set) and BL1 or La Liga would be well within reach. The EPL isn't the be-all and end-all, except financially, and even then the $$ in BL1 or La Liga willenable him to make bank before 28.

* To be clear, for me, it's not so much that Dutch football is good football; it's that good football is either Dutch football or good enough to be Dutch football

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ajax in particular is a great place for a CD to improve tactical and technical skills. They still *try* to have their defenders play "quarterback" and be a big part of the offense. If they thought they could make a nickle on Matt that would be worth trying. A loan is less exciting, as then it's just stop-gap (unless the idea is loan to buy.) Ajax likes to win and sell-on with younger players whenever possible. It would still be a good experience, but if they want to buy him it's cause they think they can win and make money.

24. Matt today was very sloppy and once even saved by the goalie from being the culpritt of the loss. Heracles ran Vitesse off the pitch and should have scored several more than the one they had. The Heracles chances werenot only because of sloppy MM, by the way. Vitesse was bad today.

HartwickFan repped this.
  25. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'll watch the game myself but thanks