Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Between the last 2 hex matches, I would hope someone would be putting a keen eye to MM's club appearances. Hope he gets some games.

Winoman, TxEx and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. Vitesse has this month an overload of matches. Would be surprised if he doesnot get minutes. The bolded ones I consider hard matches to fight.
    zaterdag
    9 sep. 2017 20:45
    Excelsior - Vitesse

donderdag
    14 sep. 2017 21:05 [​IMG]

Vitesse - Lazio Roma

zondag
    17 sep. 2017 16:45
    Vitesse - VVV-Venlo

woensdag
    20 sep. 2017 17:00 [​IMG]
    Swift - Vitesse (KNVB Cup match)

zondag

24 sep. 2017 14:30

Ajax - Vitesse

donderdag
    28 sep. 2017 19:00 [​IMG]

OGC Nice - Vitesse

zondag
    1 okt. 2017 14:30

Vitesse - FC Utrecht

russ, edcrocker, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yep - now through mid october is pretty jammed. He should get some time.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a 2nd choice central defense partnership.

6. What do you mean?

Gacm32 repped this.
  7. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe for now because Vitesse are showing preference to non-loanees, but he was arguably their best player last year when he did play, and in the end I'd expect Matt to re-seize that spot with proper opportunity.

Ironically, I think Matt went back to Vitesse because it improved his chances of p.t. ahead of the WC. Thus is the life of a loanee often times.

I think Matt getting these opportunities now was already important with the loss of Brooks and way Gonzo played. But now it's even more so after the Cameron injury.

8. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Vitesse won 3-0

Jazzy Altidore, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This guy has become a must in October.

The only time he played these qualifiers was against St. Vincent, paired up with Besler. I think that'd be the way to go, again.

10. Matt produced a howler by giving the ball to an Excelsior player with an open goal waiting. Lucky for him the imbecil shot so soft the goalie was in time back to intercept it.

HartwickFan and edcrocker repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Still probably better than Gonzo...

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  12. Gonzo? ...from sesame street?

13. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

14. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It had neither of the two players who had started their previous games.

15. Ah, okay. Get what you ment. Thanks.

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how was our boi today?

17. Vitesse kept a clean sheet today, but that was more the doing of the Excelsior players that managed to not score with an wide open, empty goal in front of them. Twice it happened on Matt's watch.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Excelsior is overdue for another couple of seasons in the Eerste.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Kruswijk hurt. Kashia being rested for Nice.

Gorky and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. Maybe, but points per €€ budget they are a heavy weight puncher. Of the top three last season only PSV, and barely and underservedly, escaped without damage. The budget they have is about the size of pay for 3 players wages of the top 3. If Feyenoord would punch as hard per €€ budget, we would win the CL.

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know Kruiswijk was out. I thought it was just general rotation. I guess this opens a spot for either Matt of vdWerff in the Nice game.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Probably MM. Dunno how long-term Kruiswijk injury is. Saw it reported as a "sore back" so it doesn't sound too serious. Kashia is healthy, far as I know. Just rested (smartly)

23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Kruiwijk and Kashia are the first-choice pairing. Kruiswijk was injured, and Kashia was away on international duty, playing 90' in the sweltering heat of Tbilisi in the first international game.

Excelsior are a team that Vitesse should beat, so rest the first choice players and see what the back-up pairing can do.

24. AD Sportwereld rating:
    Excelsior – Vitesse 0-3
    Excelsior: Kristinsson 5; Fortes 5 (77. Karami -), Mattheij 6, De Wijs 6,5, Massop 6; Faik 6 (81. Haspolat -), Koolwijk 6, Messaoud 5,5 (57. Vermeulen 6); Caenepeel 5,5, El Azzouzi 5, Bruins 6.
    Vitesse: Pasveer 6; Dabo 5, Van der Werff 6,5, Miazga 6, Büttner 6,5; Bruns 6, Serero 7,5 (70. Ali -), Foor 6,5; Linssen 7, Matavz 6 (83. Ten Teije -), Castaignos 6 (67. Rashica -).
    Arbiter: Nijhuis 6
    Man of the Match: Iedere neutrale voetballiefhebber zal er blij mee zijn dat Vitesse Thulani Serero een tweede kans in de eredivisie wilde geven. De Zuid-Afrikaan, die bij Ajax op een zijspoor was beland, ademt voetbal en strooide tegen Excelsior met succesvolle passes. De kleine middenvelder zette in Kralingen de lijnen uit voor zijn ploeg en had bovendien de meest nauwkeurige passing van alle 22 basisspelers (93%).

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Only saw bits and pieces of this one, and Feynoord gave his report but one site at least like MM's play:

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/eredivisie-op-rapport-psv-zakt-door-het-ijs-in-friesland

Dabo 5, MM 7, vdWerff 7, Buttner 7.5, Serero 7.5 fwiw.

These guys had the back line with similar, if slightly lower, grades; http://www.nederland.easybranches.c...ntend--El-Khayati-neemt-ADO-bij-de-hand-28871

Vitesse: Pasveer 6; Dabo 5, Van der Werff 6,5, Miazga 6, Büttner 6,5; Bruns 6, Serero 7,5 (70. Ali -), Foor 6,5; Linssen 7, Matavz 6 (83. Ten Teije -), Castaignos 6 (67. Rashica -).

Everyone, except whoscored, seems to have Serero + Buttner as "da Men" although Linssen's goal went viral.

Whoscored have MM a 7.2, higher than Dabo and vdWerff, but they have Buttner as MOM with an 8.2 and Serero only a 7. (go figure...)

BTW @feyenoordsoccerfan did PSV play this weekend? Wonder how they did...