Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'd prefer if he went to a top Dutch club. But yeah, not going to happen.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Champions League would be nice. I'd prefer Ajax if he's to stay in the Eredivisie. I would like to see him play with all those good young players on Ajax under Bosz who's an excellent manager.

ChuckMe92 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting stuck getting stuck in, a Premier League story.

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    That comes naturally to him. No need to learn.

5. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Europe isn't always better.

Liga MX is flat out superior to Primeira Liga.

The Portuguese giants vs the top three Mexican teams year-to-year is an interesting contest and I'd give the nod to the Portuguese but as a league, Portugal can't hold a candle to Mexico.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Europe isn't always better. But Liga MX isn't flat out better and that claim is laughable. You claim it's close if you like but flat out better, I think not.

bballshawn and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    If he would remain, might be best to stay with Vitesse. He has 6 guaranteed EL games. Plus he knows his competition there.

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think thats a good idea.

He's trying to move up. If he wants to make a breakthrough with a big club eventually, I think he needs to move up a tier, given he's shown he can do well for a Vitesse tier team.

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't need complacency tho. New environment will challenge him and force him to grow and improve.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    It's worth the risk. But then again it's a WC year and he doesn't want to doom his Russia chances by riding the bench most of the season. It's not as if Arena will guarantee him a spot.

largegarlic repped this.
  11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree but to devils advocate if his goal is to make the WC roster staying maybe better for him. He knows he will get time. He gets Europa League games and gets a year to force his way into Bruce's plans. New team means he stays with them to stabilize himself at first and may lose chances because of it.

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's why it comes down to what he's after. He will return to Chelsea and all of this will be discussed. they will decide from there.

Robdog and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSV. A million times PSV. Champions League. Good competition for a place in the side. Lots of matches to go around. Sink or swim in a place where the buoyancy is easier than a top 4 league.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt it should be an option. But it also comes down to Chelsea too. They may want him to go to a tougher league and see if he has what it takes to make it there. If a mid table German side comes calling they may rather send him there. There's a few EPL teams I think he may have a chance at as well.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    don't they have to win the play-off first?

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I sure hope he's on the roster. Could be a worthy reinforcement. Or at least providing great competition for Brooks/Gonzalez/Cameron/Ream.

17. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you can claim the Portuguese league is better but I can't claim the Mexican league is better. Ok lol.

I've lived in both countries and spent significant time observing both first hand, imo Liga MX is better top to bottom if we're looking at each 18 team league in its entirety without a Eurocentric lense.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the Miazga thread. There's a thread dedicated for this kind of masturbation.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-containment-unit-the-ya-league-comparison-cesspool.2011515/

@bungadiri @Friedel'sAccent I think the comparison thread should be a sticky.

19. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    What's his CB competition look like? I want some optimism to be able to start and not be up against players PSV will start over him.

21. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    The reality of going to any big club is that there will be competition when you get there. You simply have to be ready to work harder.

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I think that's naive. Some clubs are better than others. This implies just go to any big club because you just have to work harder.

23. Nope, PSV has to go through qualifiers to get into the groupstage of the EL. No CL this year for PSV.
    Feyenoord is in the CL group stage and Ajax has to go through the CL qualifying rounds, unless they beat ManUnited in the EL final.

I donot understand what you try to say. Could you explain?

Gamecock14 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I wondered what his competition was at PSV. There may be other teams that have more opening to first team minutes for Miazga.
    I know nothing about PSV defenders and just wanted to know if Matt's skill was good enough for that team or if they had better players ahead of him that they own and not being loaned.

25. PSV is going to make a lot of changes for next season. They have a solid defense in the centre with Mexican Moreno as the leader. But rumours are going around that he will leave, but that's all, rumours.
    MM is too green internationally to slot in immediately in the PSV back line, given the importance of EL matches. Plus the Dutch top three put a lot of emphasis on the contribution to the build up of the attack from the back line. MM is still far away, though progressing, from what the top 3 require in that department. Defensive wise he probably can deliver to the PSV, plus the programm is so full, rotating could be necesary.