Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Freddie Adu, May 3, 2003.

1. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
    What was that they said during the game about it being started within 6 months and finished by April 2005?

Those sound like definite plans. Time to celebrate!

2. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    The celebration begins in 60-90 days.

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    IF true, im happy for u guys
    but also if true they should make a big annoncement and not just say it at the stadium

4. well harrisons mayor said by the end of the year and the annoucer asked him if he's sure itd happen and he said "YES"

5. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    he going to watch YES?

6. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, here was the story...

Cangelosi had the mayor of Harrison on the field for an i-view during the second half, and the mayor said that they had broken ground this (Sat) morning for a hotel at the industrial site. He then said that they hoped to have another groundbreaking for the Metro stadium before the end of the year, with the stadium completed by the beginning of the '05 season.

Cangelosi mentioned the HDC in LA, and the mayor said that he and Nick have been there to look at it, and would be returning in June for the opening. (Hey, a nice job if you can get it -- who's paying the mayor's airfare and hotel?) Cangelosi finished by asking: "Gut feeling: Do you think that they can get this done?"

Answer: "It will get done."

That was it. No real news except that (a) the mayor of Harrison has gotten two trips to SoCal out of this, and (b) the plan's not yet dead.

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awsome news! I can't wait,i'll be vacationing in Harrison as soon as the stadium goes up.

8. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Anyone who walked away from that interview thinking this is a "done" deal was not listening very carefully. I would be hopeful. I would not be thinking it was a done deal.

9. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    played out joke, but still deserves a chuckle

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    lol

11. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    I don't get it
    :)

12. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    i have the game on tape. watched it twice,. Can't believe it is true but i'll be happy to the extreme when it really happens. i'll probably buy season tickets then.