Stadium Update: "A portion of the 2014 season"

Discussion in 'Virginia Cavalry' started by kenntomasch, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well wasn't the plan for them to start in 2014, but then were allowed to start halfway in 2013?

Maybe it was originally 2013, then they said they would not be ready, so they were going to come in 2014 but the league "bent" the rules to let them in fall 2013.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Actually, the team that keeps you up at night because you are obsessed with them. No matter what you do, they keep coming back and you just can't get get them out of your mind. Go ahead, keep talking. Nothing like spreading the word.

5. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    :cool: but I digress

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I put it in the other thread too.
    408971780494483456 is not a valid tweet id

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VIRGINIA CAVALRY FC TO BEGIN PLAY IN 2015
    Mark Simpson Named General Manager
    Ashburn, VA – December 6, 2013
    – Virginia Cavalry FC, the Ashburn-based North American Soccer League (NASL) club will be deferring its inaugural season one year until Spring 2015.
    Joe Travez, Virginia Cavalry FC’s Principal Owner, noted, “With a number of variables regarding our stadium and having exhausted numerous alternative Northern Virginia venues, it is best for the team and the League to wait one more year to begin play. This was a difficult decision, but we owe it to our fans and our club’s future to start in as strong a position possible. You only have one time to make a first impression.”
    NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson said: “The Board of Governors was fully apprised of the issues regarding the team's stadium development, recognized the significant efforts Cavalry ownership expended in seeking alternatives and is fully supportive of the decision to delay the team's launch for one season as being in the fans' best interest.”
    Additionally, Cavalry FC announce that Mark Simpson has been promoted to General Manager of the expansion club and will guide the team onto the pitch.
    "I've personally witnessed the amazing growth of soccer locally here and I can't wait to add the professional level to this area,” Mark Simpson said. “We have worked long and hard to create the mission and vision of Cavalry FC and we are fully committed to putting a product on the field we can all be proud of and our fans can fully support. This extra year will allow us to aggressively scout and prepare properly to join Oklahoma City and Jacksonville in the NASL in 2015."
    Travez concluded, "Cavalry FC is committed to our fans, our community, the NASL and this global sport. We will not squander this opportunity to build a stronger club that will compete on the pitch and be financially strong with a long, successful future.”
    The NASL franchise team's website is http://www.VirginiaCavalry.com, and they can be found on social media at Facebook.com/VirginiaCavalry and Twitter.com/CavalryFC.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is for the best.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Completely unsurprised .

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I finally got the e-mail about the Hounds not playing this year too.:rolleyes:

11. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Any information on stadium construction progress? Obviously I'm a DCU fan, but I'd follow a Virginia-based NASL club too.

MakingGoals repped this.
  12. Peter Bonetti

Peter Bonetti Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    1970 WC Quarterfinal
    Drove by the site yesterday. There was no activity all day (as there never is) but the good news is that I did see ONE construction worker. I have driven by the site several times and this is the first time that I have actually seen a construction worker on site.

Baby steps. :D

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure those shoes are up to OSHA standards.

15. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter Bonetti, sitruc and brentgoulet repped this.
  16. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seems they've also decided to sit out a portion of forever as well...

17. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whelp, I guess that's the end of that then.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prosoccercdn repped this.
  19. Virginia Cavalry FC Media

Feb 9, 2013
    Our apologies for the technical difficulties at VirginiaCavalry.com over the weekend. All is fixed and well with the site.

Prosoccercdn and ceezmad repped this.
  20. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries. It would be great if you could share more info on these boards or even your website about what's going on with the club. Yes, we know you're waiting until 2015 to join the NASL. When do you expect to have a coach in place? How about tryouts or player signings - when do expect those to start? Any thoughts about forming a team in the NPSL for 2014? Or maybe doing something like FC Edmonton did and playing some exhibition games? Thanks...

21. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something simpler, proof of live. How about viewing parties, monthly updates on the stadium, meetings with supporters like Jacksonville and OKC are doing or even allowing season ticket deposits to be taken, no just signing p for more info. Put a disclaimer that if you no show you'll refund them. You have a brand but no sign of anything else. Keep this same path and you'll fail again.