Stadium thread

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I dont think Nantes need a new stadium that badly like some other places do. la Beaujoire is one of my favorite stadia in Ligue 1. It could use some renovations maybe but a new stadium is outrageous. They arent an ambitious club that needs a newer larger stadium to help fulfill their ambitions ala OL or Lille.

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LENS - Stade Félix Bollaert

[​IMG]
    got it he pic tfrom skyscrapercity.com under stadiums and arenas anybody knows where its from? paper? idk?

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  7. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Valenciennes is running into trouble building their new stadium I read. Also it looks like Bordeaux is jumping on the new stadium train.

9. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's normal for Bordeaux as their stadium suffers the cancer of concrete.

A 45.000 seats arena would be cool.

Concerning Nungesser II, it could be delayed for a few weeks.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm still wondering about Euro 2016. With OL Land still having problems, its not looking good for the Euros. I dont think anything thinks that OM will get a new stadium. Damn, just put a roof on the Velodrome, add 10,000 seats and be done with it.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What's the status with OL Land, I thought it was a go?

14. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    NIMBY associations and public financing of the accesses to the stadium.

(shortly: they're reluctant to pay 150M€ for a road just for a private business)

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tours fc is getting upgrades Stade de la vallee du cher it looks like a mini Stade de France check it out
    [​IMG]

16. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Class. But beware of the stands. Aren't they too far from the pitch ?

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the mayor of lyon (also president of the greater lyon community) is 100% behind the project, so it will go through eventually. but access is a real problem, and one that will be as important to fans as the locals (one of which is just across the office right now, he lives about 300 metres from the spot chosen!) the only real solution is to have the metro go there, and they inaugurated ot to the carré de soie (halfway there) about 6 months ago, so that will be in the cards eventually.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM is a special case in french football, perhaps in football altogether.

the comparison ben arfa made between OL and OM was very good: there's a stadium full of fans here, but in marseille the whole city has a passion for the club. and zenden even made a similar comparison with... liverpool!

but there's a downside to that: every café and pétanque ground, every schoolyard and nursing home, is a shadow boardroom.

bernard tapie said recently that the president of OM also has to be the owner. in his case he was practically unofficial mayor too. but since he left who can really say who's been running OM? RLD? diouf? anigo? labrune? mayor gaudin? yankees prez michel tonino??? the truth is all of the above... and no one at all!

but in the same way outside influences pollute the management of the club, OM permeates every facet of la vie phocéenne. they even have a fête bleue modelled on lyon's fête des lumières with OM's colors as the theme! gaudin was upset the diouf decision was taken without consulting city hall (and likely furious that it was all done in paris and zurich, far from the canébière).

owning the vélo is a way for the city to keep a finger in the pie. and that's not going to change!

22. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All of that is true. The Olympique de Marseille is a political issue as no other club is in France (maybe PSG or Saint-Etienne).

The city has no money. Gaudin's only hope is to wait for getting the Euro 2016 organization; and the millions will fall from the sky (or rather from Sarkozy). His motto Vélodrome is the property of Marseille people is pure demagogy.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the Vélodrome is obsolete and a new renovation would only be rafistolage like in 1998. The result could be quickly disappointing and once more everything would have to be remade.

But at a middle term, my worries are for RLD's health. He suffers leucemy for several years and some voices pretend he would be near the end. The most pessimistic rumors say he wouldn't even know if Marseille was champion d'automne. RLD's death would mean total revolution in l'OM.

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    nouveau STADE DE LA LIBERATION
    for BOULOGNE SM :D

La montée en Ligue 1 en mai 2009, impose des travaux supplémentaire, ainsi une tribune supplémentaire sera construite pour augmenter la capacité d'accueil de 8 700 à 15 000 places.

24. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Historic yes but it looks old and delapidated so I think a new one is necessary. They can get away with renovations in Lens and Marseille but no where else I think.