Stadium locations for future MLS SSS..

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always wondered if they can fit a stadium in downtown MIami, where the Metro rail is right across the street and parking would be of plenty in downtown for the stadium with out having to worry about a garage in a stadium deal (like the marlins proposed stadium..) The Miami arena site, where they tore down the Miami Arena (not the AA arena).. I think that might be a perfect location, imagine after a win in the CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, a big supporter group can go out or drink at downtown, Bayside, Brickell or even south beach, all locations are pretty close...

ANy other ideas where they might have land for a SSS, because all in all if a team does come here they need a SSS, and why not help investors find some places for possible SSS.. start searching... Maybe even next to the Land Shark stadium there is some space no? Or not reeally its all parking, or even out west...

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this spot, lol for a project I put all the positives about this possible piece of land for a SSS:

[​IMG]

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The old arena would be good, also Bicentennial Park for downtown sites. Near Land Shark would be good for a centrally located stadium(not exactly the most happening part of South Florida though). There is also Lockhart, which after the Orioles move to the west coast for Spring Training, would have extra adjacent land for training fields etc. should a renovation be done. It could be a whole soccer complex, similar to what Colorado has with the SSS plus training and youth fields. Also in Broward there is land out by the BankAtlantic Center near Sawgrass.

My favorite location as far as "wow" factor is the old Miami Marine Stadium near Key Biscayne(there is a thread I made on this somewhere in the MFC forums). Renovate the current grandstand and for MLS you'd probably fill in a bart of the basin and build the rest of the stadium. Longest of long shots but man would it be cool.

In the end whichever location in South Florida ends up with a SSS is my favorite one.

Oh and the Marlins Ballpark/garages is not just proposed, it's being built :D!

4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, looks good but I think it would cost more money, though no? with having to make land where the water is at, plus the hurricanes in Miami, it would cost way to much, for repairing every year... I mean it would look real nice but mother nature would not be nice to that area, atleast in downtown you have protection from the other buildings..

I don't know I see this spot as a real good spot for fans, i mean transportation and parking would never be a problem, i think the people in downtown would make for great fans on friday and saturday night games, after work, hell even weekday games.. I mean i would ride to the games in train, my house is right there at the end of the Metro rail in dadeland south... I just hope Marcelo Claure can see into getting a SSS if he wins the bid for Miami MLS...

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does anybody think traffic can take a look at this?? Maybe they can build a small SSS or SSSS, and have it made in a way that if a possible MLS expansion is to come here it can expand to 15k or 20k

Traffic can also use the stadium for international friendlies, and host some Copa Libertadores games as well...

I mean just a thought, they should do something in that area for soccer.. I always see it coming from school... i wonder what will be in the years to come??

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the Miami arena stadium? There was some info I found that said that the Marine stadium was gooing to be renovated,,, What they going do to it?

7. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt Traffic is gonna do anything down in Miami at this point. I believe they are planning to move forward with the Ft. Lauderdale Stadium complex if the city approves the plan.

Past mayors have said they want to renovate the Marine Stadium, but nothing has come of it. There is a group pushing for it to happen but who knows. And even then, you have to get someone willing to not only renovate the old grandstand but also build the necessary stuff for soccer. Now I have a visualization of my idea, however unlikely it may be:

[​IMG]

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey man you guys at the MLS Miami Bid page on facebook did a nice video for MLS but never posted the old Miami Arena as a possible destination for a SSS for MLS Miami..

9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1575662
    Hey why didn't you guys on MLS Miami bid page on facebook who made the mls video, add the SSS in downtown Miami as a possible stadium for expansion... this site proves everything..

11. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Erick made it and I think he didn't have a good picture.

But its just the first of many videos we hope to make. SO if you have some good pictures post them! Also if you have any ideas let me know.

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have news on the Miami Arena site? It can be converted to a Soccer stadium for future expansion... Becks has one more year on his contract...I need some info on what is going down for MIami MLS

13. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found it interesting that during the US's 2022 bid presentation they showed a map with future perspective SSS sites in the future and Miami popped up.

14. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's possible. Lots of time between now and 2022, there's a decent chance MLS is back in South Florida by then(we can only hope). If that comes with a SSS that would be fantastic.

15. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest on the Marine Stadium:

We approached the Friends of Marine Stadium, the group leading the charge to bring the Stadium back to life. They are all about soccer and would love to see it at the Marine Stadium.

It's only a dream at this point but a fascinating idea. Read more:

http://bit.ly/gkxXFL

[​IMG]

16. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be such a cool idea, easily one of the neatest venues out there if it ever happened. I'd have to see a game there. Seeing pictures since it was abandoned, I think it would be pretty cool if they could keep the graffiti at least in some parts of the stands, looks pretty cool.

17. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of the Marine stadium but I still believe the best spot if renovated would be the site of the Miami Arena, you would have a lot of people from downtown coming in overtown and Brickell, and most of south florida because of the metrorail and I-95 is about a block away, You cant go wrong with a stadium in downtown.

Mass transit is the Key, and walk-up crowds would be pretty big as well. Take note that a stadium in downtown with the view of the Miami skyline would be beautiful. Parking would also be no problem as there is plenty in downtown, and remember you have the metrorail right there...

I like the Marine stadium but remember the max seating wouldn't be enough for an MLS size stadium, and walk-up crowds would not be as easy as the downtown stadium would be. no mass transit unless the bus which comes through almost every hour.

Another problem would also be that you have to build the base of the stadium, a barge I dont think would be sturdy enough, and imagine on a windy day the field would be swaying back and forth and you can not play soccer on a rocky field, in my opinion, im really not sure how that would work.

I mean on the bright side though if they do build a soccer field in the marine stadium they can play there for the U.S. Open Cup games which always has expected less attendance..

Somebody has to contact the owner of Miami Arena Glenn Straub, he has it there and nothing planned for it maybe somebody should talk to him to see if he wants a soccer stadium, it was reported that he wanted to switch lands with the orange bowl site and have the marlins stadium built in downtown, so why not a soccer stadium for Miami MLS...

I just believe MLS should have started building soccer stadiums in downtown areas, instead of suburban areas...

18. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does anyone have a "ballpark estimate" of just how much land you would need to build an MLS-sized SSS and have ample parking as well?

19. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How big is the location of the new Marlin's home, the old Orange Bowl site? That would seem to be a minimum for a 20k stadium with parking.

Come to think of it, how big is the site that Lockhart Stadium is on? That seems to be a decent approximation.

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami Arena SITE could fit a 20K seat stadium, and its in downtown!! HAVING A STADIUM WITH DOWNTOWN MIAMI VIEW PRICELESS

21. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know on Disney World land!!!!! For the Orlando team of course....

22. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Having a stadium in downtown Miami will kill off most fan support from Broward and Palm Beach. And as we've gone in a circle on in these threads - Miami has never supported a pro soccer team. This would kill MLS in South Florida forever.

23. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything else aside, frightening location & no parking at all, I honestly don't think that the site is large enough for a full sized field plus a 20K + capacity stadium surrounding it.

The only 2 possibilities in Miami-Dade are an updated & vastly improved Tropical Park or FIU Stadium. Sadly very, very few from Palm Beach or Broward will drive to either place since they are so far south.

24. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why the ideal location would be Sun Life IMO. Central enough to draw fans from all around South Florida. That would require the Dolphins ownership to get on board and probably also for the upgrades they want to happen, and neither seems imminent at this point.

As for the Miami Arena site, it would take some very imaginative architects to squeeze a 20K soccer stadium into that space. And even if they did there would be no parking whatsoever.

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Parking?? What the Eff guys?!! No parking? there is parking everywhere in downtown, when there is a heat game they open up random lots from people to park the car, why wouldnt it be any different for a SSS in downtown? And not only that, there is the metrorail right there, im sure alot of people will use it to go to a game, I used to use it all the time, as alot of people have when the panthers were in Miami Arena...

You guys seriously just dont want the stadium that far into Miami huh? I mean i understand yall would want the SSS in Miami Gardens but honestly its too big, I mean either way it is far fetched to build a stadium in dwntown since they are building a stadium already for baseball :mad:, but wow you guys dont have to kill the idea just because its far for palm beachers and browrdians to drive to?

I think you guys are just scared of downtown at night or something?

Im sorry but a downtown stadium in Miami would be pefect, yall just dont want it there...