Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, are we still holding out hope this actually gets done? I gave up all hope on this after all the arrests.

2. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Well if I start shoveling then maybe more people will join me and eventually every Roma fan will help and eventually a movement will start and the stadium will be built.

At least that’s what happens in the movies.

Shen-O and Java65 repped this.
  3. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You have to give Pallotta some credit. He doesn't give up easy..... I understand this is the most important project for the club and he will stand to make a lot of money once the stadium is completed and he finally sells Roma.

wm72 repped this.
  5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe he wont sell for a long time. He sees to have fallen for the club. I'm ok with that, hes a cool guy. (Spoken by a European, in case Lord Nelly gets triggered)

Oban14 repped this.
  6. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that Pallotta would sell the club once the stadium is built has always been conjecture by that element of the fanbase that do not like him. He has never indicated any intention to sell - other than if the stadium doesn't get built.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it will be a long time until someone would meet his valuation anyway. The stadium project alone is going to be around a billion. The initial takeover was 400 million, and they've put a lot more money into the club since then.

Unless they find a way to sell the club and stadium separately, it would be a record breaking level price.

8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just can't make this stuff up. So after the stadium received it's "final approval" the start is thrown into question because of the arrests. Now apparently the approval wasn't final there are still questions about traffic flow and who is paying for the infrastructure needed.

This is why most of the stadiums in Serie A look like crap on television compared to EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga.

That stadium is never going to get built.

http://www.forzaroma.info/rassegna-...per-superare-il-nodo-dello-stadio-della-roma/

9. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    It's time for revenge!

10. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This Italian bureaucracy is beyond ridiculous, especially since politicians are also constantly getting in the way.

In their "flourishing" economy, is no one interested in creating jobs? The politicians in my country would've flown to US on daily basis to kiss Pallotta's ass only to be able to repeat to the media how they are creating opportunities for the people.

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, even here in the US if a team owner would have proposed building a stadium with their own money (most here are financed to some degree with taxpayer money) the city/state would have thrown them a ticker-tape parade, built him a statue and approved it in a week.

Only Italy

whill4 and Oban14 repped this.
  12. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yes , we get it.

Move along, soldier.

Force Barca repped this.
  13. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  15. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There are glaciers that could outpace Stadio Della Roma when it comes to moving forwards, or anywhere really.

If they were spending 1bil. in my country to build said stadium, all they've needed doing would've been pissing on the four corners of the field to mark the land as theirs, and the damn prime minister would've started carrying the concrete buckets on his back to speed the building process and his "We've created 1 000 000 jobs" speech.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What will the capacity be? When will it be ready?

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not getting built.

18. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Such bullshit with the delays. I wish Italy was a real country.

Java65 repped this.
  19. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "Barring a disaster"

I wonder what it will be.

20. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pallotta should invest into a "Loading..." sing for the site. He'd make much gold from people taking pictures with it.

21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL... even in the US if an owner of a sports team was building a new stadium with his own money they'd throw him a parade. The taxpayers always pick up a big chunk of the bill.

Only in Italy can a guy willing to spend 100s of millions of his own money to create jobs be given this much grief.

TheNewMeazza repped this.
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but then she qualified it by saying .... 'we will proceed making the necessary changes."

How the hell was it given a (final) green light if there are changes. I still maintain this thing is a decade or more away and JP will have given up long before then.

porreca repped this.
  23. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    the first post on this thread was January 11, 2012. Here we are, almost 9 years later and still ZERO progress.

That is just sad.

ShoelessMan repped this.
  24. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... actually 7 years but still your point is spot on. Honestly, if it gets done I've always thought 10-15 years at least. Like I said, I remember when my dad wanted to remodel a bathroom it took 3 years or so just to get the town to ok that.

I remember back in the 70s and 80s they were planning a bridge across the straight of Messina (from Calabria to Sicily).. here we are 40 years on and still no bridge. Italy has so much potential to be much more than it is, but their antiquated political system prevents any progress and they languish behind.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The people love living in misery in Italy.

Java65 repped this.