Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    According to the latest whispering yesterday at Trigoria the management officially launched the stadium project. A mandate has been given to a worldwide leader in development to lead the project. Everything should be confirmed and announced by the 2nd week of June. Work would begin in spring of 2013, and the stadium would be complete by the 2016-17 season.

2. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the most important project in AS Roma's history. I can't wait to see renderings of the new stadium.

3. Tontotti

Tontotti Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Bangkok
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would love to see Totti's statue in front of the stadium, also museum and shop merchandise for Roma fans.

4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Location?
    Seats?
    Track around Field? (please say no)
    Away Teams Supporters put in fenced in cage?
    Free Wi-Fi? :)

5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just thinking yesterday we should have a separate thread for stadium news, good stuff. This is sort of my field, I love stadium projects. I can't wait for the renders to be released and other info.

I wonder if the club is still looking at the Ippodromo for a potential build site?

6. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope they design it to be unique looking. Im sick of seeing all these new stadiums looking the same but with different colour seats! Ikea flat packed stadiums are not the way forward. Tell you what i would like to see, a stand similar to the one behind the goal at the Westfalenstadion in Germany. It could be the new curva sud. Imagine that completely packed out with the Roma Ultras. Love it.

7. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I ask for is fans close to the pitch and this. Maybe incorporate a distinctive curve, that would be amazing. It doesn't have to be as big as Dortmunds single tiered stand. I think the stadium should be around 55K, so if we made a single tier with around 15k-20k, with a portion being standing room only, it would be very imposing.

[​IMG]

This is Spurs new stadium renderings, if you look behind the goal that's our version of the single tiered stand. Problem is in England there are restrictions on the number of fans you can have in a single tiered stand, and stand room only isn't allowed (Hillsbourgh). Ours is only around 10k, while Dortmund is around 25k, I think around 15k-20k would be fine. I'm not sure the specific rules in Italy but if we can a portion of that stand should be standing room only. It adds to the atmosphere because hardcore fans tend to migrate to those areas.

[​IMG]

8. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Great news, I would've liked to have seen the stadium built earlier but a new club owned stadium is a great achievement no matter how long we'd have to wait. I'd like to see some tribute to the history of the club in the building of the stadium either in it's name or something along the lines of pictures of the greats mounting the walls in the tunnels. I think some tribute has to be given to Totti. A huge intimidating Curva Sud is a must, I like the idea of something like what Borussia Dortmund has. Could you imagine what a packed out stadium full of Romanistas so close to the pitch would be like, spine tingling indeed :)

9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I love the single tier "wall of ultras" look.

I saw a Portland Timbers game on t.v. this year and they had a "Kop-like" single tier and it looked amazing. I think they've torn it down though for boxes or a beer garden.

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Article from Lego which among other things mentions the stadium. They say 4 years to have it ready and with a capacity of 50,000. A stadium super technological full of super screens to show goals and highlights. They mention it being tied to Rome's bid to host the 2020 Olympics.

They also mention the possibility of renovating the area around Trigoria in order to make it more accessible to the fans. Making more roads to access it and adding more parking places.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why cant i see this happening in italy? i want to see new stadiums being built but i dont know that "c'e sempre domani" attitude lingers in my head...

12. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    forse domani ti sveglierai e tutto sarà diverso
    :D

13. rearviewmirror_

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If this is new place is going to be home for the next century, it needs to be something special.

In an ideal world the designers of this great domain would create something special and unique to Rome like a greatly-modernized version of the Colosseum (which incidentally, seated 50,000 back in the day), but alas, I'm quite sure that it'll end up looking like a spaceship that landed in the middle of Rome (a la the Allianz Arena in Munich).

1 person likes this.
  14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That would be cool if it looked like a modern coloseum... maybe some interesting scaffolding.

I hope other clubs follow Juve and Roma's example. It would be nice to see Serie A modernized, and I am glad to see teams like Novara and Cesena putting in long-term plans with their turf fields

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Your best idea ever! REPPED

16. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks DDR for a great thread.

I am typically a glass full kind of guy except when it comes to changing the laws/regulations/ordinances of one of the most archaic countries in the world. When I say archaic I am referring to the laws of Italy and the red tape bureaucracy that infects this country. It literally can take decades for courts to make simple decisions.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the American team, but stadium construction is going to be a challenge.

Does anybody know the details on the Juve stadium and how they overcame these issues? ( I am sure it doesn't hurt to be owned by Fiat..Chrysler..Ferrari..)

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There is nothing to overcome if you have the money and will you can build a stadium. Don't let the bs about the proposed stadium law fool you, that only exists to provide tax cuts and let cheaters like Lotito pour cement over agricultural zones.

1 person likes this.
  18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    magari !

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you would think the guy head of agriculture would be up in arms about that...

alot of growing happens around Roma i remeber taking the train from Lavinio into the city and seeing lots of crop land.

20. rearviewmirror_

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My deserved rep getting hijacked by someone else :D

If DiBenedetto wants a new stadium, we'll get a new stadium.

1 person likes this.
  21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I was commenting on the link before, sorry I didn't include the quote.

I'll give you reputation points

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Mark Pannes on the stadium. Speaks of it adapting to the realities of the local location. They won't surround it with commercial centers so that people will complain how before the area had nice restaurants and now just stores. He said Pallotta wants a stadium worth of the city. Also mentions it will be financed privately and as I already mentioned it will be tied to Rome's Olympic bid.

23. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll the bids are announced next year in September and the candidate cities will be selected in May. So if they want to release details, renderings and other plans it would probably be best to do so quickly. Give the bidding committee time to run some P.R. and show off future plans like our stadium. I wonder what other clubs would have stadium builds linked to the Olympics? The host city will be Rome but the football is often played in other locations then the host City. For the Olympics this year matches are in Newcastle, Cardiff, Manchester etc.

I do believe there needs to be some development around the stadium because non-football related infrastructure does factor in to the wages-to-turnover ratio in FFP. That's how Citeh are planning to get around the restrictions. Spurs are doing the same but we're not essentially sponsoring ourselves like Citeh. Where building hotels, flats, supermarket and other non-football related infrastructure.

I don't think we need to build hotels but I'd like to see some extra development around the stadium.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Out of curiosity why on earth are you spelling "city" incorrectly? It's neither cool nor clever.

25. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    But, if it's tied to the Olympic bid, does it mean that the stadium won't be completely ours? And will it have an athletic track?