SSFC trade Mike Fucito AND Lamar Neagel for Eddie "Grown Ass Man" Johnson

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by OleGunnar20, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last second KC goal, his goals in CCL games, and the fact that he has "hustle and heart". :)

2. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It's not really so much Sounders fans (well...except for the vocal minority of #ChurchOfFucito people at SounderAtHeart)... it was mostly USMNT fans who felt betrayed by EJ's failure in Europe. I think those people were disappointed that they were tricked into believing EJ was the next great hope for an American Striker.... and they get some sense of pleasure reminding people about it.

3. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I have to say, our Johnson's head really rises to the occasion; gets way up in the air. Most Impressive.

4. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    How is he different from Adu?

5. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Adu has a better first touch?

But seriously... The perception has always been that Adu was a victim of circumstance, while EJ's attitude caused his own problems. So you can see why people like to puppy-dog one of them and choke-collar the other.

6. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    I thought trading for EJ was a bad decision and I'm glad they don't listen to my muttering at the TV, at this point

7. bgix

bgix Bad Penny

Jun 29, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want EJ to STOP DOING STUPID STUFF, like taking his shirt off after a goal, or getting in slap-fights. The man can flat out play (once he decides to stop stepping over and pass the damn ball), but I really want him to not add so many unnecessary negatives to his undeniable positives.

8. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What stupid stuff? The only stupid stuff that EJ makes are doing unnecessary stepovers and he seems to have gone over it already

What's wrong with this. A lot of soccer players do this. He doesn't have a yellow card so it would be alright to make excessive celebration once in a while. Do you hate Montero for scoring two goals at Portland last year?

Are you talking about the SJE bench player who seems to lost his career in soccer and decided to apply to the diving team?
    Or is it when the whole Timbers team tried to gang up on Montero? Look, I think Montero has been pushed around too much. I liked EJ's idea of "protecting" his partner. It's more like "You can't push Montero around too much now, he now has a big Johnson."

I know that what he did at Chicago was too much and based on video evidence, he deserves the punishment. But his off-game antics aren't really not much compared to what he can do on the field. He's not Ljungberg, you know.

thepundit and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  9. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    leave it to sports fans to imagine some intangible puss to infect what's obviously a good thing. maybe he sits on the ball a bit too long sometimes but after most of his indulgences he's still too strong and fast to knock out of possession and seems still to get a shot.