SS Lazio 1900: 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by squadra_azzurri, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gabbi has done more than him this season but since he is italian nobody cares.

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With Napoli being Blue. That means we are in our red burgundy jerseys. I really dislike these jerseys and have had little success in our alternative jerseys.

Ladies and Gentlemen iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits time !

[​IMG]

Standing in the blue corner, coming in with 63 points, a record of 18 wins 9 ties 10 losses. SSC Napoliiii

Standing in the red corner. coming in totaling in at 66 points, a record of 20 wins 6 ties 11 losses.. SS Laziooo

----

Like Taib said. All or nothing. We have to leave it all on the field. A game worth 10 Million now.

NickyViola repped this.
  3. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was the worst game to watch I have ever had to watch and I had to watch it with a Napoli fan as well. Words can not describe how torturous it was. When Napoli got the penalty I thought it was all going to be all over. When he missed, it was like scoring a goal. Hopefully that is the last time we see of him. Anyway, Forza Lazio!

Rossonero23 repped this.
  4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congratulations.

Sal repped this.
  5. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    did higuain really miss that PK? lol

What a really good first half, played exactly into Pioli's plans.

The second half Napoli was out for blood. It's a shame since these two teams along with Juventus deserve to be in the champions league.

I think Napoli really exposed how vulnerable we can be to high caliber offensive threats which Champions League will be full of. Thank God its only Juve and Napoli who have such an attacking force in this league. Too bad for them that their defense was just too poor this season. We really did take advantage this year getting in a champions league position and hopefully the Milan teams keeps plugging their gaps with more mediocre players.

Im excited about this transfer market coming up. Lotito says this win has started a new era. I really hope that isnt him talking out of his ass and he has something up his sleeve for next season.

7. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Incredible it felt like the players on both squads were carrying the nerves of all their fans. Very sloppy match we definitely missed Biglia's ability to settle things down when necessary, but good fortune coupled with some moments of brilliance got us 3rd.

Parolo had the best of times and the worst, his giveaway really swung the match. Napoli especially at the San Paolo can run teams ragged when they get some momentum. I thought the boys responded very well after the red card. Pioli's subs were spot on Ledesma brought stability and forced a second yellow for Goulam. Onazi what can you say with tired legs throughout the squad he was the freshest and proceeded to lift Pioli after the match it meant so much for him to get that opportunity.

We deserved 2nd on the balance of.play this season but 3rd is an incredible achievement for.the club, sure Napoli bottled it.over and over as did Roma, but this is the leap the squad needed to return to relevancy.

The summer Mercato will be interesting, we need a striker if Klose leaves, depth in central defense and central midfield and a LB.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    remember you guys still need to qualify..... So your owner either puts faith in you guys and invests or he does what Dela did and wait till CL football is done and good to go.

9. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    True, and Lotito won't over spend to bring in a big name. I'd expect signings similar to De Vrij and Parolo from last season.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anderson could be sold as well.... I remember back when Catania was in serie A and they had a nice attack going that their owner was either sell high when you can or risk losing it all.... He got a good bit of money for Martinez but could of seen alot more if he sold off that great attack all at once....

11. SerieAforCereal

May 24, 2015
    Rafa's Cave
    Club:
    US Sassuolo Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You don't rate Radu?

12. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Radu is injured too much. He misses big portions of every season. We need a solid left back that is not injury prone.

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Adios Ledesma. Thanks for the 9 years of service
    --

“I don’t want to think that it is over. The most important thing is these nine intense years and experiencing them here is like double anywhere else. The greatest victory was getting to know all these people.

“When fans say they admire me as a person, that’s a triumph. It’s better than the goal in the derby or winning the Coppa Italia.

“I told President Lotito today that I couldn’t handle another season like this. I want to play and miss the field. He understood, said how much he respects me and allowed me to leave after 318 games.

“My fondest memory was walking out of the tunnel for the game with Real Madrid. My mind went back to when my father couldn’t afford shin pads or boots, so the Coach would buy them for me.

“My dream was to end my career at Lazio and then become a Coach here at youth level. Maybe that could still happen, one day.

“I tell my wife that you can always tell a Romanista. I learned Laziali are diffident at the beginning, but once they’ve understood who you are, they give you everything, above all in the dark moments. They know how to suffer and how to earn their success.”

--

[​IMG]

Deleted User x repped this.
  14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very under rated player. Very rare to see a player last this long at one club. Thanks Cristian.

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Sad to see Ledesma go but he wasn't going to stay on the bench. He did have massive contributions at the San Paolo getting Goulam sent off and having a hand on onazi's goal.

He was a mainstay for 9years ups and downs, I was critical of him at times but he was there for the club all the while. This is one of my favorite memories.

I used to love watching Doni look so confused.

16. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ya that goal was a beauty, as the club itself so it was fitting. Ledesma was solid and helped Lotito begin his new era with Lazio under harsh circumstances as did Mauri. Tough to see these guys go but I guess its time to pass the torch.

Ledesma assisted Klose's goal the fourth goal vs napoli. But yes, Ledesma did really help relieve the pressure Napoli was pouring on.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy