Squad for Croatia friendly (post-game comments) -R

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by shaf-argentina, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just came back from the stadium, I must say quite puzzled... Of course, there's disappointment for loosing yet again in the final seconds. But my feeling is more that it doesn't look like Pekerman is going anywhere. We don't seem to be more advanced with the definition of the team than a year ago...

In these kind of matches, either you try to win, or you try to finalize your team. But the changes Pekerman did don't make much sense in the definition of the final team.

Imo, the team played a decent first half, and then it was very bad. Croatians were really dominating, and we couldn't build anything serious.

The only person who had a great match was Messi. All others were below average, specially Riquelme, whom we need the most.

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Off to bed for me as well. Pi**ed off about another last gasp defeat. :mad:

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Just came back from the stadium, I must say quite puzzled... Of course, there's disappointment for loosing yet again in the final seconds. But my feeling is more that it doesn't look like Pekerman is going anywhere. We don't seem to be more advanced with the definition of the team than a year ago...

In these kind of matches, either you try to win, or you try to finalize your team. But the changes Pekerman did don't make much sense in the definition of the final team."

Well said bsas.

Goodnight.

4. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Well guys, one good news to refresh your moods

Ivory coast lost against SPAIN,

we are not the only team to loose in our group today , so let's not be too sad and let's support our team because they need us.

5. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, that brings a little bit of comfort;)

I will always be supporting our team. Actually I think our players are excellent, but they don't seem to have found their symbiosis. I just had a high state for the first minutes when it seemed Messi and Riquelme really connected on the first goal. But that was all; second goal was only from Messi's work.

6. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Como en el amistoso contra Inglaterra, la Selección perdió el partido en el último minuto. Fue un equipo lujoso cuando atacó pero mostró dudas y cometió graves errores cuando defendió. Klasnic, Sma y Simic anotaron para el conjunto europeo. Tevez y Messi lo habían dado vuelta para Argentina
    Un muy buen primer tiempo de ARgentina, otra ves sobre el final se desconcentro y PAGO, en el mundial le puede costar caro los probelmas de defensa y ARQueRO que tiene Argentina. El Pato espantoso hoy!

7. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    What the hell is going on!
    I dont know what it is, it's like this team is missing something......:confused:
    Come on, with Crespo, Riquelme, Tevez, Messi they should be able to score.....you said they diddn't even have a single chance in the second half..... I dont know if it's bad luck or what......how much longer is this going to happen? I'm getting really tired of this, it's been non-stop bad luck since 2002!:mad:

I think it might be lack of team chemistry.

We have some great players, but when you put them on the field together they cant do anything..... we play other teams that have like only 1 or 2 good players on the field and they seam to shine and win them games..... Our team is full of world class stars, but yet we can win anything.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need El Cholo

9. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I would have felt less bad if another "big team" lost, but no. I think we seem to be alone (minus Germany and I think France, but they haven't even been in form either lately).

10. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Me canse del pato, que traigan a lux :|

11. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I think team chemistry is right. The individual talent isn't lacking (minus the duck) but I think Pekerman should have already decided on his team and formation already- and GOD I hope this wasn't it. The team needs to get to know each others styles of play. How can we expect this to happen when they are busy with their own league teams?

I'm so worried for the next cup. Croatia is not a bad team by any standard but S&M, IC and Holland are all good too. This is not the greatest scenario to be entering into the World Cup.

12. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    I know, I really hope that this wasn't Pekermans world cup team.
    They gotta get there stuff together fast!
    I'm very worried about this World Cup.....

13. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I wish lower expectations could guarantee a place in the finals. I think it was chance and a surge of confidence that led Brazil there.
    I just don't think that low expectations are going to help Argentina this time.
    I'm seriously doubting that they'll get out of the group phase...AGAIN. :'(

14. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    I saw the match (live stream on the internet). They played an OK first half, they should have actually scored 2 more goals (you can't miss easy chances like they had). The defense looked bad. THEY NEED Mascherano and Heize bad. Sorin was also missed, as were the desbordes from kili .

15. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Pathetic, to say the least. The best player in Argentina, Messi. The guy that is going to send argentina home, is called abbondanzieri. Seriously, any idiot or retard is a better goalie than this cagon. if neither Lux nor pato have the balls to be the goalie, why not try ustari or anyone else!! the defense sucks, when ayala comes back, it will suck a little more, too slow, slower each year that passes by. Coloccinni shouldn't even be playing, Crespo, doesn't exist, as always... Pekerman needs to find another 3 friendlies before the cup or he doesn't have a chance in hell. Try Aguero, Milito, (Heinze might not be fit for the tournament, it's a liability)try Ibarra, shat, try anybody that deserves a chance , this team is going nowhere.

16. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    I agree, ayala is not the answer as he is very slow.

I do think Lux can get the job done, as seen in the Olympics. He is very good.

Pato looks very nervous back there. It is strage, he looks great sometimes, but when the ball is crossed he looks very bad.

17. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] La Selección, con luces y sombras, se quedó sin nada en el minuto final

Empezó perdiendo, pero dio vuelta el resultado en dos minutos, con un gol de Tevez y otro de Messi. En el complemento, no logró sostener el triunfo.

Link To Original Article

18. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    bring back el brujita!!!!!!!!!

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You have to wonder why with so many talented players Argentina struggle, they seem to play as individuals rather than as a team. Pekerman needs to sort it out, in the time he been in charge he has never had a settled side and to often he keeps picking poor players (i.e. the goalkeeper and Coloccini) rather giving the likes of Gonzalo and Aguero a chance.

Personally I think I could do a better job than the bloke who made a fool of himself in goal yesterday.

20. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, on a more positive note, I think that we have the potential to build a great team. I think the way they played against England was great. Just add in Mascherano, Heinze and Messi into that, and you get a world class team.

The main question I feel is what to do about Riquelme. One may argue that this player (Pato, Coloccini, etc...) were bad, but I think what brings most worries is that Riquelme was not good as a playmaker, and that is the big stone on which the team is built. We just managed to score 2 goals thanks to the individual skills of Messi and Tevez.

We have all seen what Riquelme can do when fit, but let's face it, he is not doing well. I was expecting Pekerman to find a solution for that, but his changes were very strange.

So, now I think Pekky should stick with his main team, that used to win games, and try to make them connect. Just try to see if Aimar can replace Riquelme. But time for trying players is over, guys. All these changes, since we qualified for the WC, have gotten us losses.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair to Riquelme he has been out injured for a long time and he looked short of match fitness. Against England I thought Riquelme was the best player on the pitch.

Argentina have the players to win the world cup, of that I have no doubt, and in Messi they have a genuis:D . The question is whether Pekerman can mould them into a team and I am having very serious doubts about that. :(

22. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I thnik there is going to be 2 more friendlies before the WC, i don't remember but i have read this somewhere that Pekerman is planning for it. and if it's so then stop playing with players who whave nothing to do with the national team. in the next game i want to see J.ZANETTI, AYALA, MASCHAREANO, AND LEO FRANCO and also give Riquelme rest because we all know abpout his qualities so PLAY WITH LUCHO OR AIMAR.

I WANT TO BE SURE WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEFORE ENTERING THE WC WITH OUR BEST TEAM AND I GUESS EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE THOSE LOVE ARGENTINA WANTS THE SAME, NOT THE LEAST THE TEAMS WHO WILL PLAY AGAINST US WILL ALSO BE AFRAID OF US IF WE PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL BEFORE WC OTHERWISE 2002 MISERY MIGHT REPEAT.

I AM PISSED OF PEKKY, U GOTTA DO SOMETHING.

23. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Yeah, maybe Pekerman could go on tv and tell our opponents in the WC that Riquelme is injured, maybe they will understand and have some compassion,.maybe pekerman can explain, that we are from argentina, we are good looking and therefore some consideration should be taken.....!!! they are going to get their arse more kicked than a facking monkey, these are not compassionate people, if the can screw riquelmes mom in the field they will do it !!!!. I smell already the excuses they are going to make after their stupid arses are sent back home after the first round:

Riquelme : "I was injured, I'm sorry" .....the truth: "the prostitutes here in germany are better looking than the ones I enjoy in buenos aires and barcelona, they are real blondes !!!".

Sorin; "I was injured too, I'm sorry" .....the truth :"damm, there is no cumbia stadium concerts like the ones I enjoyed while playing in Barcelona as an injured player"

This deal that "we do well most of the game and we are moral winners, we have a lot of potential!." doesn't fly anymore!!!, me personally, I prefer to win the real game, not the moral one. If they came anywhere short of the final, they should all be fired, only exception Messi, Tevez and Mascherano, the rest, let them make their money but not at the expense of the national team.

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    cordobesenUS,

I vote they sack Pekerman and make you the manager, well said.

25. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Anybody but pekerhead. God I just hope he doesn't bring veron, that would be completeing the circle of failure. Any body that's injured should talk and not be taken to the wc, there is no one in this team that is indispensable, there are no maradonas. I don't understand why pekerhead keeps calling riquelme and risking him. Nobody that is not 100% should play.