SQUAD Barometer - Goalkeepers

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 4, 2017.

?

GoalKeepr - Select max 3

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. Neuer

26 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Ter Stegen

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  3. Trapp

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. LENO

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Pollersbeck

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's frustrating that Leno keep conceding stupid goals and guys like Fahrmann are never called up

2. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In fact based on current form and being familiar with Bayern defense, I will take Ulreich as 3rd keeper

3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes agreed and why not ?

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    980489510894137345 is not a valid tweet id

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Clean sheets are only partly an achievement of a goaly. Find it strange to use this data as evidence of a goalkeeper's form.

dips82 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's a nice stat to have for any keeper but of course it isn't everything. I don't think Ulreich will make the WC squad anyways. Based on selections it seems between Leno and Trapp for 3rd keeper.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we seem headed towards having 3 German Keepers in the CL SF.
    Barca-ter Stegen
    Bayern-Ulreich
    Liverpool-Karius

Karius keeps a clean sheet vs Man City. It's his 6th in 9 games but today was also his 4th consecutive shutout in CL.

BorisG repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BorisG repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've always been a big fan of Karius. Clad to see him playing so well at the top level. I would much rather see him as 3rd keeper with the NT than Leno or Trapp.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even Ulreich deserves it more. Anyway you look at it Trapp deserves nothing since he's not even the #1 keeper of his club.

nekkibasara repped this.
  12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luckily it’s only the third keeper .... but yes again I would say Ulrich would have been a good choice especially for the fact that he knows Hummels , boa and Kimmich basically our starting line up in defence . Would just make sense wouldn’t it . Anyway I know loew is actually doing a great job but sometimes I juts feel he is not radical enough . He plays it very very safe ... and I feel one or two calculated risks like taking ulrich as third keeper can’t harm .

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that is the argument to having Ulreich in there, he knows 75% of the defensive block and is performing. But yeah based on Low's past actions seems likely to stick with Trapp or Leno.

Trapp isn't even 1st choice and Low played him the full game vs Brazil, he was supposed to give the 2nd half to Leno but instead kept Trapp the whole game.

I feel like it's too late for anyone new, the time to try out new keeper was the Brazil/Spain games. One way I can see a new keeper in forcing his way is if Neuer is deemed unfit for the WC which opens up a spot. Or if Karius for example were to perform and go to the end in CL which could help his chances.

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I too expect Karius getting called up after the World Cup if he continue to start for Liverpool.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Barca's blunder ruined our chances to get 3 German Keepers in CL SF.

although RB Salzburg's success gave us a 3rd German Keeper in European SF. 34 year old and captain of Salzburg Alexander Walke who's never even played 1BL. His whole career has been German 4th division, 2BL and from 2010-present in Austrian Bundesliga.

would be a feat for him if he manages to win the EL, way to cap off a career that's towards the end.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karius with his 8th clean sheet of the EPL season, already in the top 10. Having only played 15 games, everyone else has played double or more the amount of games, lol.

meanwhile Jannik Huth got trashed 7-0 in the Eredivisie,
    for one, Sparta are one of the worst team in the league, Sparta conceded 4 out of the 7 while being 10 men. Another 5th was an own goal. And they were also missing 4 defenders to red card suspensions and injuries.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Odysseas Vlachodimos keeps another clean sheet in the Greek Superliga, currently in 2nd place in clean sheets while playing for a midtable team and only 1 behind the top guy who plays for a team in top 4.

anyways, all reports have him as moving to Benfica in the Summer. I saw some recent Greek reports saying that he has a shot at #1 because the current #1 isn't really convincing and the other keeper is an 18 year old. With Benfica in contention for CL next season, that could add another CL German keeper....

if he goes to Portugal, it basically means that Serie A, Italy is the only big league with no German keepers. Although there is tons of interest for Bayer's Leno from Italy.

we pretty much have keepers all over Europe including ones in Academies or reserves!

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

986356793151500288 is not a valid tweet id

outside of Kahn and Neuer, Ulreich seems to be the rare guy that is actually working out at Bayern. The other keepers in recent times all had issues. Although one could say that Ulreich going to Bayern older and more experienced was the key difference compared to the others who tried/failed but were young.

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imo, the ranking should be

1. MatS
    2. Ulreich (has the experience with 3/4 of the German back line and is in great form and International class)
    3. Neuer (the brutal truth)

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to agree, but I think we really need to consider Neuer being dropped. I don't think Jupp will want to upset the team chemistry and momentum by dropping Ulreich at this point. I expect him to start both CL semi-finals, and the dfb final as well. Honestly Ulreich has earned the chance to play in the big matches. He's been sensation for us since Jupp took over.

In the end, Neuer may only have a handful of BL matches before the WC. He has been training with the ball, but has not resumed full team training yet.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    knowing Low he'll pick Trapp who's a bench keeper instead.:laugh:

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karius is another guy who should not be ignored. He's having a great season at Liverpool.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's too late for Karius. Ulreich's big bonus is that he will play with the same guys in the NT defense as he does in München. Karius should be called up after the Worldcup, though.

Ger90 repped this.