Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sure even more reason why he's a rare complete striker. He's willing to improve every aspect of his game, even as he got older, a rare trait.

but if you look at youth/younger players, doesn't seem like anyone tries to emulate Klose. Even though he should be a role model to more.

after the WC, he's actually going to become Bayern U17's coach which will allow him to help out even more the next gen.

2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are thinking of wc2002 when klose was only 22 years old.

He was a complete player in wc 2006. Scoring with his right foot x2 left foot x2 and head x1.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thing about Klose is that he was a different and better at every WC. It's like he upgraded before each WC. I thought 2010 WC Klose was the best.

a lot of strikers don't, they don't really work much on their game and stay mostly the same the whole time.

nekkibasara repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if you look at Klose's kid he's a 2005 born player. Which means he's not ready to play for Germany anytime soon. As U15 is currently the 2003 group.

Last I saw he was in the Lazio youth levels. No idea what he's been up too these days. He even seems to have benn top scorer in a tournament.
    [​IMG]

is twin brother Noah Klose seems to be a midfielder.

I do wonder though with Klose coaching Bayern U17, if his sons will join him?

Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    In terms of physique, the closest current established pro German striker to Klose would probably be Mark Uth. Although, Klose has greater overall skill set and instinct of when to apply it. That natural ability and understanding is what sets him apart as a legend and all time WC record scorer.

Unique thing about Klose is that even in the years where he didn't have the greatest scoring output on his club level, he still elevated his game on the international stage. Kind of like how the Swedish player who scored in yesterday's match (Ola Toivonen) didn't even have a single goal on for his club in the French Ligue 1 all season. When Klose put on that NT kit, something just clicks.

The Lazio years certainly helped Klose prolong his career though, and continue to be an important factor going into the Brazil WC. That goal he scored against Ghana was a moment where he showed his classic instinct, and in a time where it was much needed.

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #781 Ger90, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    I'm curious to see how Tedesco will use Uth and see him grow playing CL for the 1st time. He's the German striker that deserves a call up post WC in things like UEFA Nations League.

post WC, options should be between
    Werner, Uth, Selke, Fullkrug

with the door open for
    Petersen, Stindl, Ginczek

and of course the possibility that someone does well in the next 2 seasons. Whether a youth player or someone like Ducksch.

Epitome990 repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    There's also Volland. Not necessarily an immediate NT candidate but in fairness still one of the better BL scorers from last season.

If Ducksch can score at least 10 goals in his first BL season with Düsseldorf that'll be a decent enough start.

Curious to see apart from Petersen, can Freiburg's other strikers step up. They've put together quite a crowd now with Niederlechner returning from injury, Höler, Kleindienst, and Waldschmidt.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah completely forget Volland he's also an option but he needs to get into a higher gear. As unlike guys like Uth, Selke, Fullkrug he's a known quantity to Low.

I would assume Ducksch will get that chance to hit 10+ as he has more than good chance to end up being FD's main striker.

for Freiburg, will be curious to see how Waldschmidt develops under a better team than Hamburg. I think their attack looks promising if everyone is fit. Kleindienst who did show plenty of promise at Freiburg and ended up being their 3rd most provider was playing his 1st career 1BL season, same for Holer. Hope that them managing to at least find the back of the net will make them more mentally prepared. Especially Kleindienst who kept hitting the post, lol.

Epitome990 repped this.
  9. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could be right, can't remember exactly which WC it was mentioned. Thanks.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #785 Epitome990, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    If Volland can consistently average 12-15+ goals per season, then maybe he can be a Werner spare if Timo ever gets injured during tournament time. Uth could alternate with Stindl depending who is performing better, and if Lars is still in the NT picture for 2020.

I'd put Selke and Füllkrug as direct comparisons. They could be the next generation of Gomez and Wagner options. Probably not as profilic as Gomez in his prime. But definitely should have a ceiling above Wagner.

Ginczek could still work his way somewhere in there. But he needs to stay consistently healthy throughout the course of a season, and be able to score 10+ goals on the 1BL level.

Other targets that younger strikers ideally need to aim for next season:

1BL
    -Kleindienst, Waldschmidt, Teuchert, Eggestein, Knöll, Köpke, Seydel, Richter, D.Otto: 5-7+ goals

2BL
    -Platte, Arp, Serra, Berisha, Owusu, Wintzheimer, Putaro, Düker, Tietz: 5-10+ goals

3BL and players abroad
    -Warschewski, Akono, Huth, Eckert, Ache: various

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like your recent suggestion about slotting Florian Kruger to Bochum in 2BL. That would be a good move for both him and the club who want a younger striker. And they have a potential gem on their hands!

I'm also hoping that Musel gets a decent chance at Gladbach's 1st team.

disappointing that a lot of others ended up in the reserve team but if they perform there, the only road is upwards. Owusu, Knoll, Richter are all guys who performed there before moving to higher leagues.

also interested to know where Daferner will be playing. Whether Freiburg II or moving up.

Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    After seeing Werner played so much, I think he is not the striker that Germany needs in the future. Gnabry has better potential than him, but will hope someone with more height and stronger like Serke can break through

13. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Loew should have given Kruse a chance, yes he is not quick, he is not strong and he has attitude problem, but he someone who can give me confidence that he can finish chances

14. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    The whole campaign failed largely due to missing someone like Klose to finish the limited chances

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gnabry is not a striker to begin with, sure he played there at Hoff sometimes. But no one should expect him to play there at Bayern. No need to play players out of position.

Klose was 24 in his 1st WC compared to Werner who is 22. The whole team was terrible to begin with and both our only goals were scored because of Werner. Even that terrible WC02 team was more stable than ours and Klose only scored in the GS too.

that's like Brazil saying that Gabriel Jesus is not the striker they need because he hasn't scored. Or that Rashford isn't for England because he hasn't scored. They are still nowhere near reaching their potential.

nekkibasara and Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who are the strikers that will get consistent playing time or starting appearance this season?

Leipzig - Timo Werner

Bayern - Sandro Wagner (2nd Choice)

Stuttgart - Mario Gomez (Jan Ferdinand as 3rd choice?)

Leverkusen - Volland

Wolfsburg - Ginczek

Werder Bremen - Max Kruse (Johannes Eggestein as main backup?)

Gladbach - Lars Stindl

Schalke - Mark Uth

Düsseldorf - Marvin Ducksch

Hannover - Niclas Fullkrug

Hertha Berlin - Davie Selke

Freiburg - Nils Petersen, Tim Kleindienst. (Holer, Niederlechner as 3rd and 4th Choice in a 4-4-2)

Hoffenheim - ( David Otto as 3rd choice striker)

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only Augsburg, Frankfurt and Nurnberg wont play German strikers i guess

Dortmund will play Max Philipp as main striker if they couldnt get one in the market

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Including guys who can be CFs.

Stuttgart-Ferdinand (since Hottmann and the rest of the 00-02 are still in the U19) is more like 4th striker. You have Gomez, Donis and that Argentinian kid they bought.
    Bremen-have like 7 guys overall that can play CF, Eggestein is one of them unlikely to be main backup
    Hertha Berlin-Kopke and then there is Kiprit who is likely to start being integrated
    Gladbach-Musel is likely to start being integrated
    Dusseldorf-Hennings and Iyoha
    Freiburg-Waldschmidt
    Nurnberg-Knoll and Palacios Martinez
    Augsburg-Richter, Schieber, Hahn, Parker
    Schalke-Teuchert, and Skrzybski (who can play CF/W)
    Hoff-don't think Otto will be 3rd, likely to be integrated along the season.

you still have U19 or II strikers who can get promoted either in Summer or during the season.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Florian Niederlechner making a strong impression this summer:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._niederlechner-auf-dem-weg-zum-alten-flo.html

"Now I'm back, and I'm confident that I'm at the start of the season of being the old Flo again. When you've been away for so long, you're in the mood to play football again. I'll try to score a lot of goals - of course in the Bundesliga, too. The first two weeks of preparation with the team had been "really hard. But now everything is back, the knee is no longer a problem."

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one wouldn't think he's been out for almost a year as he's already scored something like 7-8 goals in 3 preseason games.

I'm glad he's back and hopefully he helps Freiburg, last season it was a one man show with Petersen who scored over 50% of their goals. As they barely survived relegation and I admit I have a soft spot for Freiburg I don't want them relegated, so the more effective strikers the better.

Epitome990 repped this.
  25. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As Selke is injured and Pascal Kopke the new joiner is only 22 years old, can someone briefly describe if Kopke has potential to be an NT player ?