Spurs vs. Watford, PL, Sat. Oct. 19th, 10 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs host bottom club Watford at Nouveau WHL with José Mourinho lurking in the background like a Portuguese version of The Phantom of the Opera. Eriksen picked up a knock on international duty and is a doubt, although would anyone notice if he played? Son will probably be rested after travelling half way around the world to play for Korea, which means Lucas Moura should draw into the side. I watched some of our players on international duty and it only reinforced my fear that they are not playing for the gaffer - our lads certainly put out for their national teams, the question is, will they show up Saturday?

2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I wonder if that's because, on international duty, they are playing with a group of players who are all dedicated to the team.

3. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Start the rebuild now.

Kane - Son/Moura

Dele

Rose ----- NDombele Winks ----- KWP

Davies - Sanchez - Foyth

Gazza

Son/Moura, Lo Celso/Lamela, Sissoko, Dier, Sessegnon, Aurier, GK - who is our 3rd GK btw?

Funkfoot repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's back! Michel Vorm was signed for the rest of the season.

5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It will be interesting to see if Vorm is on the bench tomorrow - how hard has he been training? Apparently there are two contenders from the youth - Whiteman and another guy whose name escapes me.

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    What the actual ********?

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Shaping up to be another loss.

8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took me a few minutes to get my Roku stream running and WTF? Down 1:0? With all this talent? How did Poch lose them? I don't recall a moment when it seemed the team stopped believing, but clearly they don't believe, don't care to play for him.

9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Sanchez red card in 3 … 2 … 1…

10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    VAR is useless. That should have been a penalty on Vertonghen

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The effort has been there which is the minimum you'd expect. It's just that everything else hasn't.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Booed off at half time. No intensity, no closing down, no creativity. We are way too easy to play through. The goal summed up how poor our defending has been. Rose allowed Janmaat to get behind him and none of our central defenders could be bothered to a) get back and b) mark.

What happened to Deli? He has been dreadful for a long time now.

13. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Second half will be painful to watch. I foresee 80% possession and no goals.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I am settling in with my coffee and a Montreal bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese. That has been the highlight of my morning so far.

15. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Son on for Sanchez.

16. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The time wasting really makes the game less enjoyable to watch.

17. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Too many touches, too few shots.

Same old story.

18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    When even the scoreboard operator is surprised Spurs scored...

19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    When a 1-1 home draw to a bottom the league club feels like an accomplishment. We had these games over the past few seasons but they were the exception not the rule.

A top 10 finish might be a struggle this season without something changing.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Too many poor performances from too many players. Rose was diabolical, he should be banished to the reserves, no wonder nobody wanted to sign him.

Don't know where we go from here. I didn't see us win any 50-50 balls and whenever we lost the ball (which was pretty well the whole game) I didn't see any desire to win it back. I still don't see a team that is selling out for the manager.

21. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    I only got to watch the 2nd half, and to be honest, while the result was not what is wanted.. i thought the effort was there. They didnt look lazy.. they looked like they were pressing and really working hard trying to score the equalizer. The crowd was into it and getting behind the team..

i thought deli started to show glimpses of confidence which is a boost..

as sad as it is to say considering who the opponent was.. this could be the turning point in the season..

again, this is coming from somebody who did not witness the 1st half.

22. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That back line is just pitiful now... they get shredded so easily by everyone and anyone. Minimal fight back which I would just chalk up to an expected degree of professionalism but that’s not saying much.

A point is better than nothing which looked likely but against better competition we will struggle badly unless this team finds some mental strength to bounce back. I think the manger looks lost and it’s not going to come from him. Kane has to be frustrated, playing with people who are not pulling their weight and looking elsewhere.

Levy has to eat it... This the price of not strengthening the team.

23. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, the second half was better. They just didn't come out ready to play.