Spurs vs Norwich, PL, Wed. Jan. 22, 2:30 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #76 Golara, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Chris Kavanagh is a complete twat. Eriksen's shot was clearly diverted over the goal, but he gives a goal kick!

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Stieperman on for McLean, 93rd minute.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Final minute and Lucas and Son mess up the counter but it is a Spurs throw deep in Norwich territory.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    should have sewn it up right there.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    job done. some interesting stuff, there, tactically. pressing high (and effectively, it must be said) with a late lead … not terribly mourinhesque.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Unconvincing performance, but 3 points in the bank. We shouldn't be scuffling against the bottom side, but that is what you get with Mourinho-ball.

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Barely scraped by the last place team, at home, and had another player injured. But a lot of other results went our way this round. Just 6 points out of fourth...

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think you are being generous. Most of our chances came from Norwich's naivety playing out from the back and constantly giving the ball away. We didn't really create much from our own buildup. Mourinho has to do better with the quality we have in our side. In the two games against them, Norwich played the better football. That should never happen.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #85 Golara, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Man U 0-2 Burnley, latest score, Rodriguez just scored a worldy. This has to be the most bizarre PL season ever. I don't know if that's a good thing, I wouldn't want Poch going over there.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    If Burnely hold on, there will be just 4 points between 5th and 14th!

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    7 minutes to go and Old Trafford is half empty.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    People are walking out of OT, I've never seen that before this early.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Man U 0-2 Burnley FT, thank you Sean Dyche! The Clarets first win at OT since 1962.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    oh, I'm not saying we were good. I'm just saying that after our second, I thought it'd be 11-15 minutes of backs-to-the-wall defending and gnawing at my fingernails. and it wasn't. they were, as you say, shit at playing out of the back, and even if you're not prepared to credit us for that by pressing well late on, at least we took advantage of it by pressing at all.

if praise, it's faint praise. but more just an expression of surprise, the success of which is admittedly pleasant.

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think the Son goal knocked the stuffing out of them after they had played so well to get back on level terms. Our pressing was sporadic, they actually had more possession, especially in the second half. There were times where we didn't get near them when they had the ball. The bottom club should never be so comfortable on the ball at our ground, but that is how Jose likes to play. I don't know if you watched the game of followed on a feed, but the crowd was very restless throughout the night. The Spurs support will just not have that kind of football, especially at home.

18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This game really underlines how badly we need to bring a striker in more than anything else.