Spurs vs Middlesbrough, FA Cup, Tues. Jan. 14, 3:05 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Tanganga again with a great run, but his cross splits Son and Dele.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Chance for Boro as Fltecher heads wide.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    93rd minute.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    FT, 2-1. Whew!

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Once again our fatal weakness of failing to finish off inferior opposition nearly came back to bite us as we switched off in the second half after completely dominating the first half. But job done and on to the next round, another promising performance from young Tanganga.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    So much sloppy shit that a better team would have punished us for. Lamela and Lo Celso should play more. Dier should play less.

Golara and electrickeeper repped this.
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, I guess I really didn't think that through. that City game was wrenching. by the time they scored their second, you knew what was coming. the very essence of 'spursy'. and the Pompey semi. the misery-meter was through the roof that day. thanks, jumhed.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hear, hear!

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't think it's crazy to suggest that Tanganga might be a better RB than Aurier.

10. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Tanganga looks a right centre back to me, probably in a 3. There's a proper defender in there.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The question you have to ask is, why on earth wasn't this kid playing sooner?

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And then in the same week we went out and beat Arsenal and Chelsea back-to-back in the league before clinching a CL spot by beating Man City away.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yup! the thing that really pushed me over the edge during the Pompey loss was when Palacios received a yellow in extra time that meant he'd be suspended for both of those (huge) upcoming matches. at that, I thought we'd both pissed away the Cup and our chances in the League. that we beat both of them made my angers/fears superfluous … but that didn't help me on the afternoon. I was one miserable bastard that day.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    \We also had a perfectly good equalizer by Crouchie in extra-time ruled by that twat referee Alan Wiley.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Looking back at that season, we had a nasty run-in in the race for 4th: Arsenal (H), Chelsea (H), Manchester United (A), Bolton (H), Manchester City (A), Burnley (A).

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Our 4th round tie at Southampton will take place on Saturday, January 25th at 10 am ET.