Spurs vs. Crystal Palace, PL, Sept. 14, 10 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Palace become the fist team to make a return trip to nouveau WHL as Spurs start a busy week which will see them travel to Olympiakos in the CL and then head to Leicester in the PL.

After a slow start, Roy Hodgson's men have recorded consecutive wins, including a memorable 2-1 triumph at Old Trafford. I expect them to set up similarly to Villa and Newcastle, which means we could be in for a difficult day if the lack of creativity that has plagued our attack in the early season continues.

We will be without Davinson Sanchez, Juan Foyth and Giovani Lo Celso, but Tanguy Ndombele and Ryan Sessegnon are available for selection, with the latter likely to make his Spurs début.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woke up late...Spurs seem to be doing alright.

3. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time in a while that Spurs actually looked like a top of the league club.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a long day of other stuff. So, I was quite happy to see the outcome of this even though I couldn't watch it.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Good quick passing, high intensity and we were in their faces, a performance we haven't seen for a long time. Serge Aurier was brought out of cold storage and had an excellent game at RB, while Son was in beast mode. Palace simply didn't turn up and it looks like Zaha couldn't be bothered after his transfer request was turned down.

Even with some players out with injury, the depth of the squad could be seen with a solid bench that featured Dele, Moura, Ndombele and Davies.