News: Spurs Multimedia Links

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spur_Forever, Jul 26, 2006.

1. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    pffft! he's nothing without the Funky Bunch.

mekarshalev repped this.
  3. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  5. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of comments...

Kane had some really excellent goals. And I think Son has so many long goals that we miss how impressive they really are. And apart from goals 19 and 20 for Dele, there were a lot of poacher goals. But those two were probably better than anything by Kane or Son.

Also, for most of the goals, Kane, Son, Dele, and/or Eriksen were involved.

7. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  8. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  11. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is interesting. teaching coaches how to coach, using the tottenham youth players as the pawns :)

12. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hadn't seen this b4

BalanceUT repped this.
  13. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Kevin Woo

Kevin Woo New Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 29, 2019
    Heung min son is definitely one of the most underrated players in the PL right now. Thoughts?

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sonny gets a lot more respect than you might think, Kevin. Over on a much larger, English Spurs message board, he is dominating the 'player of the year' poll.

And it's not just Spurs fans … on the same message board, there is a regular feature called 'what other fans are saying about us', in which folks lift posts about Spurs from other teams' fans. Son is the one almost everyone is banging on about these days.

Maybe it's because he's too decent a bloke to be churning up headlines with talk or off-the-pitch behavior that keeps him out of the headlines. But he's an absolutely brilliant footballer and lots of folks are waking up to it.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Veteran BBC commentator Jonathan Pearce thinks he should be in the running for the Football Writers' Player of the Year Award. My cousin who lives in Tottenham told me that when she went to a big sports store on Oxford Circus, all the Son shirts had sold out, ahead of ALL footballers, including Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo. As well, when she drops off and picks up her daughter from school, most of the kids are wearing Harry Kane and Dele shirts. A far cry from my last visit to London in 2005, when all you would see around the capital were Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United shirts.

I tell you what, if he didn't have to play in that ridiculous Asian Games tournament, he might be in the running for the Golden Boot (it's hard to believe, but he didn't get his first PL goal until November 24th).

17. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Son also is clearly full of heart on the pitch, full joy and heartache on display for every turn of the game. I just love watching him play. Over the past few years I kept drafting him on my EPL draft league team and he would be good, but not quite awesome because the manager never played him enough. Poch seems to get it. Put Son out there, good things will happen.

18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ok, i'm not sure where to put this - no thread seems appropriate, and it's not worth it's own. but it is a video (or at least the pertinent part is in a video, so it's gone in here. anyway …

skip forward, if you wish, to 22 minutes in, when Gary Neville asks Matt LeTiss if he ever considered leaving Southampton. Turns out he almost came to Spurs in 1990!

it seems he supported Spurs as a lad, and apparently things were pretty far down the road before he backed out.

now, I don't know how many of you kids are old enough to remember him, but he would have been, had he come, the most Spursy Spur of the 90s of them all! His work rate would've made Berbatov look industrious - but his goals make Berbs' look average. He was a weekly highlight reel back then. it seemed like every other week he was popping up with another 'goal of the season' candidate.

I'm not saying he would have made us better - we'd've still leaked like a sieve. but crikey, Spurs fans would've loved him. this may be old news for some, but I had no idea. massive 'what if?' for me. not the kind I typically swoon over, but I loved a bit of Matty Le Tiss, I did.

mekarshalev and soccernutter repped this.
  19. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Spurs did have Gascoigne at that time, so I don't know how Le Tissier and he would have fit on the same team sheet, but if he came a bit later when Gascoigne had left, he'd have had all the freedom he would have needed to play as splendidly as he did.

20. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Don't know if this link will work but Gil did some Bergkamp-esque turn while on duty for Spain U21's and it's absolutely filthy;

Funkfoot repped this.
  21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If it seems a bit 'old hat' to me, it's only because I've watched it about 40 times now.

22. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Here's hoping he'll be as big of a club legend as Rohan Ricketts and Johnnie Jackson

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ... without the N5 taint, though.

24. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    N5 is a taint, to be fair

25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    A worthwhile 6 minute watch for those concerned that stadium debt will cause the team to go belly up.

BalanceUT, soccernutter and pookspur repped this.