Spurs v Bayern - CL group stage / 1 Oct

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Don't no where we go from here, we have quality in the side but we are not seeing it.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    1-4 Gnabry 55, we have capitulated, Winks again gives the ball away like a schoolboy, embarrassing.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Well I have a conference call in 15 minutes, now I'm looking forward to it.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We look like Spurs circa 2004.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Penalty to Spurs!

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Coman catches Rose just inside the area. Pen confirmed by VAR.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-4 Kane 61'
    Neuer guesses right, but there is too much pace on the spot kick.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sissoko drills a half-volley over.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Ndombele off for Eriksen, bit of a mixed bag for him, some good passes, but some of his defensive work is lacking.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Eriksen forces a good save from Neuer! Corner. Why didn't he start?

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Perisic on for Coman, and Moura on for Deli, 20 minutes to go.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Nice run by Son, sets up Eriksen, but the Dane fires over.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #63 Golara, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    and Gnabry gets the match ball 2-5, again Aurier gets done like a school boy at the half way line and a ball over the top cleans out our entire defence.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Total embarrassment.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-6 Lewandowski, I think the manager is a dead man walking.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-7 Gnabry gets his fourth. Worst night in club history, the players have given up. Disgraceful.

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Wow.

And thus ends the Pochettino era. Not saying he gets the sack in the morning, but this will be game where wheels are set in to motion.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    FT, 2-7, Daniel Levy has a big decision to make, this cannot continue, we didn't build the new stadium for this.

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This reminds me of the 0-5 against Liverpool that ended the AVB era.

20. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Where is the pride?

21. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    not even sure what to say.. at home? i think Poch is still given some more time... if they fail to make it out of the group stage.. that is when he will be replaced.. untill then.. i think he is safe.

Look, at the end of the day.. they were never fighting for anything more than top 4 in the league.. and the group they are in for CL WASSSSS a winnable group (no longer) but should still be capable of advancing.

22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so... we started out up 1:0 and ended down 2:7... SEVEN! :confused:

23. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t expect that considering for first 30 min we looked like the old Poch pressing team, up 1-0 and the atmosphere was fantastic. The sound of Oh When The Spurs Go Marching In sounded insane on the tv, can’t imagine being there.

Then our shite defense makes a typical mess of things, again not getting a solid boot on the ball to get it the f@#k out of there or close down potential shots. Ok 1-1 but then just as we did vs Olympiakos this team amazingly finds a way to kick themselves in the balls AGAIN at the end of the half. That was the game right there, all momentum/mentality went right out of the stadium like a fart in the wind.

The rest of it is just a poor disgrace. No fight, no pride no nothing and at 3-1 they threw in the towel. They make good money but honestly they can all F - off to wherever they want after that shite. Poch included too as he is clearly to blame for the drop in mentality. If the manager doesn’t give a toss and wants to leave why should anybody else be motivated to play or even stay.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It all started in August when Poch left Vertonghen out of the squad and Eriksen on the bench (and continues to do so). This was basically a declaration of war on two of the key players in the squad. It was a big risk and has backfired massively.

25. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    I personally viewed the benching of those two as trying to maintain value in their asset, in the case of an injury a deal is unlikely to be struck and both tottenham and the play loose in the situation.

However, the fact Eriksen continues to receive a less than normal guaranteed starting 11 spot may validate your claim.