Spurs v Bayern - CL group stage / 1 Oct

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Sep 30, 2019.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I will be working, as I do everyday now. I honestly have no idea when I'll see Spurs live again. And while I've not really been lamenting the fact thus far, this is one fixture that I'd really like to see. This is the kind of big-time European match that makes it all worthwhile.

Fingers crossed, then. I'll check the progress on the ol' flip phone as I get the chance. I have no idea what to expect. As long as we make a proper fist of it, I'll be pleased enough. An actual win almost seems to much to ask for these days. Still, I have hope … and we all know what that means.

Come on you Spurs!

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hey, we won Saturday, we are on fire! Great occasion, CL at home at Nouveau WHL with Bayern in town. Atmosphere...

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Here are the teams!

Tottenham Hotspur:
    Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Alli, Kane, Son. Subs: Sanchez, Lamela, Dier, Gazzaniga, Eriksen, Lucas Moura, Davies.

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Pavard, Boateng, Sule, Alaba, Kimmich, Tolisso, Gnabry, Coutinho, Coman, Lewandowski. Subs: Thiago, Javi Martinez, Cuisance, Perisic, Davies, Muller, Ulreich.

Referee: Clement Turpin

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Again Eriksen on the bench, this is starting to get annoying. Let's hope Aurier can stay on the pitch, he has the brain of a chipmunk.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Meanwhile Brugges are leading Real 2-1 at the Bernabeu...

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-2 now and Brugges just had a man sent off...

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It's really backs-to-the-wall stuff from Brugges, it's all Real...

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Wow, Mignolet came flying off his line and was nowhere near the cross, fortunately for Brugges the ball fell to a defender and was cleared.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Brugges hang on and get a 2-2 draw in Madrid!

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Well, that was good for starters! Now for the main course - COYS!!!

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The players are in the tunnel. Bayern have started the Bundesliga with 4 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats with 19 goals for and 6 against.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Our first European meeting with Bayern since we knocked them out en route to the Uefa Cup in 1984.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The Spurs support in full voice before kick-off.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Both teams in their traditional coulours, Spurs in all-white as is our European tradition and Bayern in red.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And we're off...

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Gnabry forces a save from Lloris on the break!

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Early doors we are trying to press.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Son with a great chance, saved by Neuer! Sissoko with great play in the build-up and Ndombele with a beautiful through ball.

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Haven't seen Spurs press like this for a long time, maybe Poch digged out some video from 2016-17...

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs are playing with a 3-man central midfield, with Winks flanked by Sissoko on the left and Ndombele on the right.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Aurier is very lucky not to get booked for landing on Alaba with both feet! He is a ticking time bomb.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Son again is sent in on the left and his low shot is smothered by the keeper.

23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This game is wide open - at the other end Vertonghen with a good clearance at the near post and then Lewandowski has his shot saved easily by Lloris.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sonny 1-0!!!

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs pressing pays off- Deli forces a giveaway and Son breaks in on the right and beats Neuer at the far post.