Spurs V Aston Villa, PL, August 10th

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by El_Mittinho_ii, Aug 10, 2019.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just watched the highlights. A couple of points:
    1 - Ndombele is going to be a fan and Poch favorite. He scores his first goal at NWHL, Spurs first of the season, and immediately is calling for everybody to get back and get on with beating Villa. But perhaps that is just him, not very expressive? Nope. See Kane's first and you see Ndombele celebrate.
    2 - Many, watching the highlights from the first few minutes to the last few minutes really shows the difference between the two teams. Spurs were running and moving and passing and hustling in the first few minutes and the last few minutes. Villa were running and hustling and moving and pass the first few minutes, but really dropped a couple of gears in the last few minutes. The contrast was really stark.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I know it's only one match, and I don't mean to get carried away, but given the fact that for most of us the big question mark coming out of this transfer window is about the right back position, it's worth taking a second to point out that our best player over the full 90 minutes yesterday was Kyle Walker-Peters. It'd be easy to make too much of it, but that was rather encouraging, to my thinking.

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think we can manage with KWP, Aurier and Foyth in those positions.