Spurs v Arsenal - the NLD - right now

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Feb 10, 2018.

1. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Both sides squandered a lot of chances. The difference was that Kane converted one of his.

2. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, they - 2, we - 5-6 chances.
    yet this was the most toothless arseanal i've seen in years.
    great victory and well on the way to 2nd place.
    COYS!

3. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7 pts from the last 3 matches of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal.

i think that's a reasonable run

BalanceUT and soccernutter repped this.
  4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With an unexpected FA cup replay in the middle of all that. What a good morning.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think I will ever be confident going in to this game. Years and years and years (and years) of fearing the worst, and it often coming to pass. That confidence I lack still exists in their fans, despite what is now a clear and acknowledged difference in ability between the 2 teams in our favor. As that difference persists their confidence begins to read as arrogance or delusion.

Arsenal may purchase over-rated foreign names that the English-speaking press hype for their exoticness and achievements in another European league; and we all get taken in by that. (Case in point, Aubameyang has faced us 3 times this year and lost every time). Our working model is different from that. And it is bearing fruit.

BalanceUT and Count Chocula repped this.
  6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Finally got a chance to watch this one. Is Dembele the new Ledley in the sense that he's never going to be 100 percent healthy ever again, but even at 75 percent he absolutely can boss a game? What a performance. Dier too, he looks a lot better when paired with the Moose. On to Turin.

soccernutter and Count Chocula repped this.
  7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Nothing is sweeter than victory in the NLD. A big thanks to Everton for rolling over and having their tummies tickled the week prior, which made Woolwich and their cheerleaders in the British media overconfident going into the game. Watched a preview show on Friday with Ian Wright and Robert Pires the guest pundits and they were positively giddy and convinced they would turn us over and that playing at Wembley was a big plus for them. Maybe it would have been, but their 3,000 supporters were drowned out by our 80,000 Lilywhite and Navy Blue Army!

Woolwich have transformed themselves into what we were a few years ago, spending big money on flair players that don't turn up for the big games. The combined 200-odd million pounds (not to mention what they're earning in wages) of Aubamayang, Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette combined to produce no shots on target.

And now the Woolwich supporters are downplaying their beloved St. Totteringham's Day tradition, that it is a "fun" thing and that titles are more important than finishing ahead of us.

The only drawback is that it is beginning to look like Arsène Wenger's reign is coming to an end.

On to Juventus! COYS!