Spurs v Ajax - CL semifinal / Leg 1 - 30 April

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think the referee deserves a lot of credit because he stopped the game and went over to the touchline and made sure with the Spurs doctors that he was ok. He also told Poch that he had to do that as per Uefa rules, which means if that were a PL game, he would have been let back onto the pitch.

2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its possible he passed the concussion tests? I dunno, I am not in the medical field, so I don't know what that consists of

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think the doctors are under a lot of pressure from the coaches to get the players back on the pitch, especially in the PL. I remember a few years back when Lloris got clocked by Lukaku at Goodison Park and AVB sent him back out to finish the game, even though it was clear Hugo was not all there. The Europeans are definitely more strict with their concussion protocol, the PL is still living in the "through some Vaseline on the blood, put on a bandage, and send him back out there" era.

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Golara repped this.
  5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    So funny and true, but I think those days are long gone.

Reminds me of a Scottish coach I had back in my high school days. At half-time, after our keeper had wandered out of our area and nearly lost the ball, he said: "And you, stay in your bloody box, if God had meant you to be an outfield player, he would have given you two good feet and a brain!"

Sadly, if a coach said something like that today, he would probably get sent to prison.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I TOLD YOU SO! I EFFING TOLD YOU SO!!

DID I NOT TELL YOU SO?!