Spurs on April Fools 2018

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Mar 30, 2018.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Why would they fire him with 8 games left?

What sucks is we don't play bad...not at all....just shit luck and dire mistakes at crucial points.

Wrath and cokeyounut repped this.
  2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You lose this fixture, you lose a lot of goodwill.

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to agree. We haven't looked like a team with direction all season long. Let this be a "transition" season (that's being nice) with players like Christianson & Rudi who appear to be making costly mistakes more often than not.

4. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Moses is so crap. Teams basically set up for Moses to have the ball and challenge us to beat them that way.

But this game is pretty typical of the season. Play well, miss a lot of chances, create our own problems, catch no breaks.

Wrath repped this.
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We just aren't very good. We don't have a very good squad. Additionally we're pretty weak mentally.

6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Was wrong on the goalscorers, but this was the result I was expecting.

Frankly, 5th in the league is flattering.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, he's known to hit them from a distance. I mean why leave it to chance...Seems like an obvious thing to do if I'm Conte and instructing my players.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I lean to this as well. There has been a general air of apathy for a while from far too many players. A lack of focus that leads to not working hard on the little things (closing down players known to score long range goals, not clearing your lines, overplaying the ball in and around the box).

Conte can point to us not being clinical but that mostly stems from the mindset of the squad for which he is increasingly culpable. This is not a question of bad luck on the day any more, it's become normal for us and something more concerning.

Another year away from the champions league is the result. Let the cycle of change spin once more.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  9. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We're basically becoming a hybrid of the current Arsenal and the Arsenal of five or ten years ago at an alarming rate. Looked pretty clearly set for 2nd or 3rd place at the halfway point, completely under performed in the new year. The players' mentality is by far the most worrisome part for me. A couple years ago, going down by one to Tottenham wouldn't even have me worried. Now there is almost no will to fight back. Hazard is also completely unadventurous entering the opponents' final third nowadays and it is incredibly frustrating

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The lack of a card at all for that Hazard challenge was mind blowing.

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    what's so annoying to me is how quickly media are to always look for something to latch on to with spurs and jump on the bandwagon. they've been crowned the kings of london all of the sudden. and let's be clear, they've become a good side, i'm not saying they aren't. but for chelsea to get the same favorable opinion and media they'd have to win the league 3 years in a row and raise 100M in charity at the same time.

3-1 was an unfair result given the play and missed calls. it's not like they played chelsea off the park, they had a 5 minute spell in the second half that punished the result. but chelsea missed some really good chances and those challenges should have at least warranted more discussion than they got.

end of the day, the game is won and lost in the margins quite frequently though, and spurs took their chances.