Sporting X Guimaraes [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by GoodDead, May 2, 2005.

1. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    You rught on both. Porot has an outside chance. They need to win both games and hope Either BEnfica or SPorting lose 1 game

2. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Sporting won 2-1

3. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Here are the rules governing ties:

Para estabelecimento da classificação geral dos Clubes que, no final das competições se
    encontrarem com igual número de pontos, serão aplicados, para efeitos de desempate, os
    seguintes critérios, segundo ordem de prioridade:
    a) Número de pontos alcançados pelos Clubes empatados, no jogo ou jogos que entre si
    realizaram;
    b) Maior diferença entre o número de golos marcados e o número de golos sofridos pelos
    Clubes empatados, nos jogos que realizaram entre si;
    c) Maior número de golos marcados no campo do adversário, nos jogos que realizaram entre
    si;
    d) Maior diferença entre o número dos golos marcados e o número de golos sofridos pelos
    Clubes nos jogos realizados em toda a competição;
    e) O maior número de vitórias em toda a competição;
    f) O maior número de golos marcados em toda a competição.

4. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    OK guys, I have created a new thread with everything you need to know about each team's title chances.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196857

Again, I think the information I provided is correct, but please feel free to mention anything I might have left out.

5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For establishment of the general classification of the Clubs that, in the end of the competitions if to find with equal number of points, will be applied, for the purpose of sattle of matter, the following criteria, according to priority order: a) Number of points reached for the tied up to Clubs, in the game or games that it enters had carried through; b) Bigger difference enters the number of marked golos and the number of golos suffered for the tied up to Clubs, in the games that had carried through between itself; c) Bigger number of golos marked in the field of the adversary, in the games that had carried through between itself; d) Bigger difference enters the number of the marked golos and the number of golos suffered for the Clubs in the games carried through in all the competition; e) The biggest number of victories in all the competition; f) the biggest number of golos marked in all the competition.

6. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    So if there is a tie at the end:
    1). head to head results..Sporting has a 3 point lead so far
    2). Goal differential in the head to head games..Sporting leading 2-1 so far
    3). Away goals Benfica has a 1-0 lead so far
    4). Goal differential in the league..Sporting winning easily
    5). Number of wins in the league..currently tied with 18
    6). Total number of goals scored this season Sporting 64 Benfica 49 so far

if I have that all correct :eek:

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why do some people see the need to write utter nonsense..........

Did you watch the game? Guimaraes must of thought they were playing the other football...they hacked more than the game they played against SCP in Guimaraes...

SCP dominated and should have finished a bit better, but it is hard to score when the opponents are defending with the entire team....

8. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sporting really suffered to win this match. They were not at their full best, very sluggish, to say the least, which was expected as they have been playing games every 3 or 4 days. Not playing mid week will be a big boost to their fitness for the upcoming derby match. Guimarães looked like they were practising their finest Boavista hack jobs in anticipation of their all-important 5th place showdown next week. They looked for a tie, never for a win. Liedson, what can I say - it was a stupid move at the end of the match (literally) that could've been avoided. Did no-one tell him that there are nor more Taça de Portugal matches that can be pulled ahead?! Oh well, we'll have to beat Benfica without him. 1st place, baby - let's keep hold of it!

9. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Personally, I think Liedson ought to get a fine from the club for that stupid yellow. I can't believe he was told to get one.