Sporting vs. Feirense | Liga NOS 2016/17 Matchday 16

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jan 6, 2017.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Palhinha was called up to the game. I think it would be too defensive to have him and William play together.

Nice to hear Adrien is ok

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Palinha is back, but they are too similar to play together IMO. We're getting into a very tough period in the next month with several difficult away games, hopefully Adrien is back to full health soon.

3. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If any I found the kids are to take Adriens position it has to be Gauld or Chico, Palhinha is too similar to William.

Although it will be Bruno playing there

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alan Ruiz had a hella a first half, but slowed considerably in the second. Makes sense since he hasn't played much lately. Seems a few pounds heavy doesn't he?
    Esgaio was alright, Gelson was wasteful, Campbell did some really nice things but final ball was inconsistent. I enjoyed Bas Dost quite a bit in this match, and overall am pretty happy with the signing so far. Guy seems to have a great attitude, is hungry and has a better touch than I thought he did. William covered a lot of ground as did Cesar. Backline did enough.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed on all points. I still think Esgaio would be strong in the 8 position (alternating with Adrien).

Paulo Oliveira did well, he isn't good with bringing the ball out of defense at his feet (never has been), but Coates can do that. Paulo was excellent on the tackle and positioning, and he's a "no nonsense" defender who clears the danger when he needs to. Ideally for me he's ahead of Douglas and should be competing with Semedo for the 2nd CB spot.

We still desperately need full backs

natenate101 repped this.
  6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Too obvious yesterday. Love his defensive ability too, but by Jove, gotta get a pass forward thru.