Sporting v Benfica

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Joe Martelo, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    lots of rumours Bruno Fernandes is REFUSING to play tomorrow.
    He is hoping to force his way out to Man United.

The league should give Sporting 3 points if they lose by less than 3 goals in this one.

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    @SCP_16 hey are you ok? Whats hurting you more this loss or Golden States season?

3. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Totally fine. Sporting hasn't won anything in 18 years, but thankfully, I was born and raised, and live in the greatest most affluent place on the face of the world. Warriors 2 best players are hurt. Wait until Giannis signs as a free agent. Plus, already got 3 rigns, so I'm good.

Mostly focused right now on my Niners making it to the NFC Championship game tomorrow. Quest for our 6th ring.

How's everything on Canada? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I can answer for him/us.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-rankings
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.bus...ries-in-the-world-ranked-us-news-world-report
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnb...-10-best-countries-in-the-world-in-2019-.html

Looks like when your parents chose a country they ********ed up. Could have gone to Canada, but they made the mistake of going to Ghetto Canada, aka USA.

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL Please don't compare the rest of the USA to the Bay Area. We have the most affluent population and the world's 19th largest economy (if we were our own country) in the world. GDP at $535 billion. Growing twice as fast as the rest of the US. You and your broke ass drywall-taping family couldn't afford to live here even if you wanted to.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07...-largest-economy-google-facebook-apple-adobe/

And that's in reference to the entire Bay Area. Let's focus on the South Bay. If Silicon Valley were a country, it would be among the richest on Earth. With $128,308 per capita in annual gross domestic product, Silicon Valley residents out-produce almost every nation on the planet.

In terms of California, the economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.0 trillion gross state product as of 2018. As a sovereign nation, California would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.

You come to the Bay Area, or California in general, you get phenomenal weather, beautiful beaches, multiple cultures and cultural influences, a rich job market, and beautiful women. You get the 5 time Superbowl winning 49ers. You get the Warriors dynasty in their beautiful new arena (also 3 time champs in recent years), you get the 10 time World Series Champions San Francisco Giants in one of the most beautiful ballparks on the ocean. You get the best weed the world has to offer.

You go to Canada, you get fat ugly bitches who live in the frozen tundra 30% of the year, and plethora of shitty sports franchises who haven't won shit in years. Have fun with that.

7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    This is funny. Haha.

SCP_16 repped this.
  8. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I thought about immigrating to the Bay Area instead of the Toronto area.

What mostly brought me to Toronto was a contact promised me a construction job right way to get on my feet. Another thing was the flight to Portugal is shorter from Toronto, so I could go back yearly to visit family and scout .

9. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What about the shit on the streets in San Francisco? Or homeless problem in general? Destined for an outbreak.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't live in SF. Not my problem. Also, homelessness is an issue in all coastal cities and towns.

11. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Delusional how surprising.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Superbowl.

13. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure why you're talking about the size of the economy in California, but I'm talking about the quality of life. Of course that is a subset of some of the criteria they use, but it's only a small portion. Also the cost of living there is hurting California in many ways as everyone knows at this point there is a huge homelessness issue there.

Average home cost in San Francisco is $820k usd, making it the most expensive in America. The average home price in Toronto is about $645k usd, that would make it the 3rd most expensive place to buy a home if it were a u.s city. So not sure what you're talking about saying my broke ass couldn't afford a place there even if I wanted(no thank you). I'm also comparing Toronto to San Francisco, as it's more costly here than much of California. Sports teams? LOL what are we even saying? Like the quality of my life has any dependence of how the Oilers, or Flames, or any other sports team is doing in my country. Last I checked, your 2019 NBA champs are the Toronto Raptors. When it comes to sports, it's really only Toronto, No other Canadian city has a sports franchise outside of hockey, so going down a road comparing sports franchise's makes no sense.

Woman? Well this is my favorite topic. Saying a bunch of fat bitches in Canada doesn't make it real, it's just gibberish grounded in nothing. I've traveled far more than the average person, and we definitely have some of the most beautiful women here. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is some bias, because it's hard to be completely objective. 52% of all residents in Toronto are born somewhere else, that's the highest percentage in the industrial world alongside London and New York. I bring that up because I'm attracted to Arab, Persian and Indian women, and there is a plethora here. However I've been to Cali 3 times, and I've definitely seen a shit ton of gorgeous girls. Actually on a per Capita basis, I'd say the state of Texas seems to never disappoint. This is based on personal experience, so who cares.

Back to qualify of life. For the last decade, if you look up best cities in world to live based on usually 50 to 80 variables, Toronto is almost always in the top 10. In fact, the top 10 usually has 3 Canadian cities whilst having 0 American cities.

Weather goes to California no doubt.
    Unemployment rate(3.9 Cali and 5.6 Ontario) and overall job opportunity also goes to California.
    Everything else from safety to life expectancy to public transit etc, goes to Ontario, Canada.

14. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    American woman are fatter, just a fact.
    The US aren't even close in term of quality of life

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    oh great, here come the Canucks.

Btw, part of my post was just trolling Nani because he's the most uptight human being on earth.

But I see hockey games (Leafs) and basketball games (Raptors) in Toronto, and all i see are ugly people.

Went to Toronto in 1998 & 2002, also went to Calgary in 2006. All pretty cool and interesting places IMO.

16. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm just having fun with you too...why so uptight yourself?;)

Toronto being one of the most diverse city in the world (~50% not born in Canada), perhaps you have a specify type and that's ok, to each's own :)

Nani_17 repped this.
  17. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been here long enough to know SCP_16 has zero sense of irony. So when you ask "why so uptight yourself?" He has zero idea what you mean. His type? I'm guessing any girl that's desperate enough.

18. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    You speak like this is a good thing.
    I have to work, pay rent, and barely get by. Most of my disposable income is put towards my trips to Portugal or to Scout. Its been harder since my recent divorce.