Sporting KC and The Cauldron in 2011 - The songs

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That might work

2. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn that's brilliant.

3. Kotecher

Kotecher Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I LOVE this idea!

4. JayhawkCSC

JayhawkCSC New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    First time posting here, and I thought I had a fairly good idea for a Kamara chant, based on the song Guantanemera.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9XO7GukQk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9XO7GukQk[/ame]

It would go a little something like,

One Kei Kamara!
    There's only one Kei Kamara
    One Kei Kamarrrrra!
    There's only one Kei Kamara!

Repeat until sore in the face.

5. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One Espinoza

6. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-P8oDuS0Q"]dexys midnight runners come on eileen - YouTube[/ame]

I hate myself. "COME ON COLLIN!" with a hard French pronouncing of his name.

Especially the come on Collin toora tooreh part.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Like this. Everyone knows Guantanmera and we've used it in the past. Someone remind me tomorrow. We're good for a song for Kei, but I swear I think of 5 Kei Kamara songs for 1 of anyone else because of the vowels of his name.

This for tomorrow

The Orange and White, are scared tonight! You're heading back to Texas.

8. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nice meeting so many of you this year. One big family. We sure bitch, piss and moan at eachother on bigsoccer, but hey, youre all almost (almost) tolerable in person. Okay, back to flaming eachother and calling people out.

Thank goodness there's no offseason in soccer.

9. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hey everyone. I'm sort of new to Sporting. I went to a few games in the past, but when the new stadium opened, I went with a few fans and fell in love with The Cauldron. It's great being able to support your favorite club in such a great atmosphere. I've been to a few games since my first and am going to get season tickets for next season.

One idea I have is an "anthem", a song we sing before kickoff and maybe it could spread to the whole stadium. I really have no idea on what song, but I got the idea from Liverpool singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and some teams singing "Sweet Caroline."

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    KMK welcome to the cauldron and bigsoccer. The discussion of an anthem has been going on for as long as i can remember being on here. I believe there have been many threads on the subject. To summarize them for you. Nobody is against the idea of it. It is idea that everyone would like to see happen but actually a song has yet to emerge that is suitable. If you have an idea about feel free post it in this thread. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686409

Though I must disclose the conversation can get a bit heated. Don't take anything personally if someone poo poos on your idea.

11. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Thanks, and don't worry. I'm new to this forum, but not forums in general.

This is a club that many people care about and don't want to sing stupid songs in support, so I can see how there could be a lot of disagreements.

12. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly more people like to snipe about what they don't like that simply try new things. I have slowly come around to the idea that its never going to happen.

13. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I like it, but I'd like to chime in on this one. Timing might be hard to coordinate since it's got a slow tempo. Also, if you haven't watched the way we usually are, the magnitude of drunkification and caucasity in the cauldron leads to some tone deaf singing from time to time. High scoring games would be a great time to use it. Especially if the other team's still in it; like 4-3 with the clock nearing 90 it could sound pretty ominous.

14. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overheard at the Kansas 6A Championship: "I Believe That We Will Win", and "We Are the Falcons, the Mighty Mighty Falcons"

15. scottwildcat

scottwildcat Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    since the team mascot is a dog named blue maybe we could steal the Ten Men Went to Mow song and replace Spot with Blue? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8IDDC9t2SI&feature=related"]'10 Men Went to Mow' - Outside The Globe - YouTube[/ame]

16. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This Stoke song made me laugh over the weekend:

"No ifs...no buts....he'll trample on yer nuts...Robert Huth....Robert Huth!!!"

We must adapt this for one of our players :D :D

18. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You're a bastard
    You're an asshole
    You're a dumb one, referee
    You're a blind one, you're a deaf one
    You're a stupid referee

Since we're always getting mad at the refs anyway. You can never have enough ways to tell the ref he messed up :p

19. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sounds like a chant tailor made for Collin!

20. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i still wanna do this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7MXPMLHiYc"]Municipal Waste - Born To Party - YouTube[/ame]

21. Jweav24

Jweav24 New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "No ifs...No buts...He'll trample on yer nuts, Aurelien Collin *Clap, Clap*...Aurelien Collin *Clap, Clap* (Repeat).

22. ZacharyIsHere

ZacharyIsHere New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we had some pretty good momentum with some songs towards the end of 2011. I have some ideas for some songs with CJ as well as Zusi that could take pretty easily and be fun to do. It is just one of those weird things...you can't force it. The idea of something and reality don't always match up.

I like the idea of an anthem leading up to the game but I find it hard to believe the FO and Cauldron could cook up something they were both really happy with. That and even on matches with great turnout the people filter into their seats kind of late.

I am pretty sure after the holidays there will be some talk and plans made around moving the ball forward in regards to songs and getting some recordings that could help out for people to listen to and get a feel for....also to embed in the eleventy billion blogs for SKC that have popped up. It is all about getting a core of people on the same page.

Should be fun.

23. ZacharyIsHere

ZacharyIsHere New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that. We may have to kill his first name though. It is kinda tough to say/pronounce/or break up.

24. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't just "Aurelien" work better than "Collin"?

25. ZacharyIsHere

ZacharyIsHere New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really because everyone I know says it differently...most people can't even agree on how many syllables it takes to say it. lol

Just my perspective.