Sporting CP x SC Braga | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 11a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Nov 2, 2017.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Wow. Dodged a bullet.

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I feel like I need to go take a shower after that game. Really should’ve had the 3 points but Braga’s subs made the difference. Didn’t deserve any points in the end but I’ll take the 1 and run.

On to the next

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Had to go take a breather and come back.

Didn't celebrate the pk because I think Doumbia actually committed a foul before it. We were clearly benefited today.

Unbelievable attitude from everyone after the subs. So many things I can say but I'll do my ratings later.

To summarize: Just compare the attitude Porto had yesterday when they were getting pinned back by Belenenses

vilafria, SCP21 and natenate101 repped this.
  4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    What's going on with all the injuries?

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ratings:

Rui - Really didn't have anything to do up until the moment we scored, after that he did what he could but its not his fault we allowed 2 goals. 7/10

Ristovski - Good, and especially in the 1st half was high up the pitch to help during the attacking phase. 7/10

Coates - Was playing well up until the penalty conceded. A dumb challenge in the box. 6/10

Andre Pinto - Again was having a decent game until we scored; when Braga made changes and starting taking over he was pretty bad; beaten several times and could have been sent off. 6/10

Jonathan - Not as bad as previous games, had a few good tackles, but continues to contribute nothing offensively. 7/10

Battaglia - Good performance defensively, needs to train his long passing but as a destroyer he was the only one in midfield trying to break up plays. 7/10

Bruno Fernandes - a goal and an assist today, but he also had a lot of bad passes and lots of difficulty breaking up plays. This is one of JJ's biggest mistakes - trying to turn Bruno Fernandes into Adrien. Bruno NEEDS to play as a central attacking midfielder, someone who 'floats' in between lines and makes himself available higher up the pitch when we win the ball back. We have Mattheus, Palhinha and even Petrovic for that - why are we not taking advantage of Bruno's creativity? Still, for the goal and assist he gets an 8/10

Gelson - just lacking creativity and end product right now. He's been figured out and ends up either losing himself in dribbles or losing the ball. Needs to start being more objective or he's never gonna go to the next level. 6/10

Acuna - Unfortunate injury, hope he gets better soon, maybe this way he can get some rest too and come back less fatigued.

Bruno Cesar - the man scores a goal vs. Juventus and now he's a starter. Didn't particularly enjoy his performance. 6/10

Dost - Great finish for the 1st goal and a couple other good plays. Another one to get injured now thanks to the fabulous rotation methods practiced by our coach. Now Doumbia will get a chance to show his worth. 8/10

---

Podence - didn't really make the impact we hoped. 6/10

Doumbia - also didn't really make an impact although again had few minutes. 6/10

Alan - came on late, can't really give a rating

OndaVerde repped this.
  6. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Who knows. Apparently Acuña’s might be a bad one. Dost’s isn’t as bad. Just thankful we’re heading into international break.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    No rotation or rest due to the coach's stubbornness.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gotta love the irony though eh. Last year everyone's major complaint is that JJ never settled on a starting 11, this year apparently it's that he did settle on a starting 11. Every time he doesn't start with the same line everyone complains. No winning for JJ.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems to me that he doesn't have confidence in any of the subs to step up. I agree this year he has a Starting XI with better players than last year, but when it's obvious that there are some players who are clearly fatigued and needing a rest (Acuna, Gelson) he keeps playing them.

He is also trying to make players into something they're not. He thinks his tactics are flawless and refuses to change them. Bruno Fernandes is one example who is trying to play as Adrien when he clearly isn't that type of player. His last few games have been poor because of it, he instantly gets better when he plays higher up the pitch with more freedom. You can't fit a square peg into a round hole.

vilafria repped this.
  10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently Coates is injured too, thigh injury. Won’t be playing for Uruguay.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't think he's trying to get Bruno to be Adrien, I just think he has no one else. If everyone was fit, no question Bruno would be playing behind Dost

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Sorry ass defending. It may cost Sporting the title.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's just strange that he doesn't stay in one position. Also seems Mattheus Oliveira doesn't count. Palhinha neither.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oliveira was a strange signing from day one, but even so, I think he plays better as a 10 too.

Palhinha is a bit of a shame, but he never really has shown anything besides being a big guy.

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What's up with that ? I was surprised in his exclusion with William absent .