Sporting Blog Updates

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Oz_City_Soccer, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Wizards Blog Updates

I have never been totally comfortable with pushing my photos and blog posts on here, but I would like to let everyone know about a couple post I put up today.

Kurt Morsink interview part 1

Kurt Morsink interview part 2 and 3

As you can probably tell, these posts are from an interview with Kurt. Mike Kuhn and I both talked to Kurt yesterday and I recoreded it. I am going to try to do some more official interviews in the future.

Please keep in mind that I am so not a real jounalist but I do want to try to provide averyone with some extra content that the normal media is not providing.

If people like this, I will solicit input for an interview each week.

While this is not the photo thread, I also want to say thank you to everyone who has looked at my shots and gave me rep or positive comments.

In the month of July, there was over 150,000 views of my photos. More than ever before by a significant amount.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The definition of what is a "real journalist" is changing awfully fast, don't sell yourself short. There's some very good, ethical, tough journalism going on in the blogosphere.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

I appreciate it, especially now that there's a specific thread to come check out the regular updates. Subscribed. For anyone who think this is hurting BS, I think I'm likely to visit BS more often, knowing that I can get links to all the Wizards related blogs as well.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same reason I rarely post my blog entries. Most people here already know about mine, and if someone on here finds it insightful it'll make it on here. I don't have a reason to pimp my own blog.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

Well, that's probably why I don't make it to DTB as much as other blogs.

I'd like to, and your content is great, but I rarely surf through bookmarks and clear my history pretty regularly. I bet there are lots more Wizards fans who would like to read your stuff but don't know about it.

Seriously, you need to get over the idea that it's self promoting. It's performing a service. It's not like you're making anything from this. If you want to perform a service for Wizards fans, make it accessible to as many Wizards fans as you can.

Your all-time Wizards draft was fun. I would've liked to have read it from post 1 and followed along as each update came. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to check your blog every day and didn't feel it was worth the effort to go searching through past posts because it felt like "old news".

6. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course, one problem with your logic is the person who posts the most Wizards related content on BS is you. If you do not post your own stuff, it is less likely to make it on here.

I thought it was just because of his personality... ;)

It is hard to draw a line between letting everyone know about a post and feeling like you are begging for attention. At least it is for me.

What if at some point in the future Mike or I or one of the other blogs puts ads on our site. None of us is going to get rich off of writing Wizards blogs, but does that then cross the line?

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

Well, in reality, "monetizing" your Wizards blog would probably never even cover your domain renewal costs, but even if you overcame the insurmountable odds and brought the KC Wizards to the masses, it still doesn't present a conflict to me.

It's in a thread called Wizards Blog Updates. Seems kind of appropriate even if it was the Metrosports Blog. On a seperate note, I'm surprised Hillcrest Road isn't advertising more back to their own site's promotions etc. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And that's a valid reason. As you say, it's self promoting and I'm not a huge fan of doing that. Just my personal view, but I'll see about getting it up here more regularly.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BTW, for those that haven't seen, KC Soccer Review, is down right now. Talked with AG this morning, he's not 100% sure why. He's contacted Word Press to try and resolve it. He's told me not to worry, that if Word Press won't put him back up, he'll move to blogger.

10. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's all good now. Seems we got caught in some kind of spam filter and they shut it down for TOS violations ... It's now reopened. But alas, no update right now. Should be one soon.

11. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is very true. I rarely go to mainstream media outlets anymore. When I do it is usually because someone else has taken the time to weed out the lesser quality stuff and highlighted something interesting.

I want to give some, honest, fair info that hopefully people find somewhat interesting.

The main point that I was really deriding myself over was how the actual questioning went. I had a couple questions prepared and when those got a little sidetracked I stumbled a bit. I think I recovered okay and got some good statements from him. I think I will do a little better next time becuase the mental hurdle of doing an "interview" is over.

Oh, and the reason I got sidetracked was because Conrad decided to "help out".

12. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was looking up some info today and I noticed that there were a ton of blogs on blogger that got flagged and suspended as well. I do not know if that may be related on Wordpress. There was some thought on the blogger forums that it may have been someone doing a mass attack more or less.

With you guys I could see how someone could mistakenly think that what you do is automated. But some of the blogs I looked at that got suspended were so far from anything bad. Family stuff was getting locked.

13. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd not be surprised if it was an attack.

14. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

An update from KC Soccer Review with all the good and bad news related to Wizards after this weekend. Also there is something in there from me in my first attempt of writing a blog.

15. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
  19. Parlorcars

Parlorcars New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Raytown, mo
  20. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oldest newbie ever :)

23. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This weekends lineup.
    http://www.backpost.net/

I will have some stuff from today up in a little while.

24. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No Morsink, no Espinoza, no Pore, and Harrington moves up to mid. Looks like a lot of dreams are coming true this week if this is the starting XI......

I just wonder how many more times CO will tinker with the back four before the season ends.

25. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If that is the case then I am very much looking forward to the game Saturday to see how this pans out.